Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on July 1, 2012
This is a good psychology textbook for beginning psychology. The author's writing style flows well, is easy to read, and makes the topics come to life. It's not as "dry" as some other textbooks are. The chapter summaries and review questions make it easy to grasp the main concepts. There are also helpful online resources.
on November 16, 2010
Throughout my college experience, I have often been disappointed by the lackluster caliber and quality of most text books. However, whilst studying from the text book "Psychology" by Sandra Ciccarelli, an entirely different learning experience has occurred. Throughout the book, a combination of text and illustrations merge to form an immensely enlightening experience. Each picture is adeptly illustrating a key concept of their section, and gives background details on many of the major experiments prevalent in the breakthroughs of psychology. Furthermore, through Ciccarelli's ability to simplify concepts towards an introductory level, it helped introduce key concepts and foster interest in the content for the reader. As I studied from the material, each simple theme of the chapter received its own individual section. Through this thorough approach, it gives the reader a change to digest the information and create a vastly superior knowledge of the material versus other rushed text book. Finally, by defining key words on the side of the textbook, it helps lethargic readers quickly study for a test without having to adopt a hunt and find methodism. Through these various techniques, Ciccarelli creates an insightful and ingeniously formatted text book that suits both curious learners and lazy students.
on March 19, 2012
I used this textbook for my general psych class. I liked this textbook and thought it was very easy to navigate. It flows nicely and has good visuals. I hope my school continues to use this author's work, as it is very well-organized and made it easy to study for tests.

Overall, I liked this textbook and think others would, too. From what I gather, they have come out with a new edition. I'm not sure how different the two are, but if this edition is any indication of what we can expect from the author, the new edition should be just as good.
on September 7, 2014
Had to buy as new in order to get code for lab work; however, the code did not provide required access. Student had to the pay an additional amount of money which was substantial. Although book arrived immediately and in new condition (in order to gain access to lab student must buy new book) this is a major rip off. All students had to pay again for lab!!!
on January 31, 2016
Exactly the book I needed for my general 100 psychology college class. Renting books is an a awesome deal for a class you are simply taking one quarter. Shipping back is also an easy process and not a hassle.
This access card is everything my son needs for his University Psychology class. The information is pertinent and understandable. It is definitely worth the cost and is more reasonable on Amazon than at the University.
on February 22, 2016
The book is affordable and did not have any signs of use, even though it was a used book. It was perfect for my course. It is one of my best purchases. I would recommend to anyone that is taking Intro to psychology.
on October 29, 2013
Just wanted to say that the delivery of my book was beyond my expectations. I really needed the book for my class and it was received on a timely basis and the seller communicated with me as well which was great. I knew that I would received the book very quickly. I highly recommend the seller and the way that they handled my purchase. The book was in excellent condition and I would definitely go to this seller again if needed.

Highly recommend that what they sell is what you get!

Thanks again!
Minerva Pina
on September 19, 2014
The book is not new. I may not have been used by a student but it was beat up and the code did not come with it like it was supposed to!!!
on June 9, 2011
A good book for beginners if you have never had psychology before. The explanations and examples are clear and help you understand basic concepts. The only thing that would be helpful are more challenging questions at the end of each chapter.