From the Author
As the Senior Author and Series Editor, I am pleased to announce that new editions of four of our Treatment Planners, Homework Planners, and Progress Notes Planners have been released. We have been working on them as a team of authors for over two years. I am indebted to my coauthors who have deep expertise in the clinical field addressed in each Planner. I salute them and I believe you will find their work to be of the highest clinical caliber.
This new edition of the Homework Planner includes new exercises to help the client work toward recovery between treatment sessions. Each chapter in the Homework Planner has homework tasks that are created specifically for a problem dealt with in the parallel Treatment Planner. Although each homework assignment is tied to an Intervention in its parallel Treatment Planner, the exercises are created to stand alone as useful without using the Treatment Planner content. Some of the exercises have been shortened to make client compliance more likely and new homework assignments have been added also. Chapters dealing with new problems in the Treatment Planner have resulted in a new set of 3-5 homework exercises in the Homework Planner to support Interventions for that new problem. If you have not tried using our Homework Planners, I think you will find them an excellent adjunct to increase client treatment engagement.
Arthur E. Jongsma, Jr. PhD
--This text refers to an alternate
From the Back Cover
PracticePlanners® The Bestselling treatment planning system for mental health professionals
Features new and updated assignments and exercises to meet the changing needs of mental health professionals
The Adult Psychotherapy Homework Planner, Second Edition provides you with an array of ready-to-use, between-session assignments designed to fit virtually every therapeutic mode. This easy-to-use sourcebook features:
- 79 ready-to-copy exercises covering the most common issues encountered by adult clients, including such problems as chemical dependence, grief, financial stress, and low self-esteem
- A quick-reference formatthe interactive assignments are grouped by behavioral problems including anxiety, sleep disturbance, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, dissociation, and eating disorders
- Expert guidance on how and when to make the most efficient use of the exercises
- Assignments that are cross-referenced to The Complete Adult Psychotherapy Treatment Planner, Fourth Editionso you can quickly identify the right exercise for a given situation or problem
- A CD-ROM that contains all the exercises in a word processing formatallowing you to customize them to suit you and your clients' unique styles and needs
Additional resources in the PracticePlanners® series:
Treatment Planners cover all the necessary elements for developing formal treatment plans, including detailed problem definitions, long-term goals, short-term objectives, therapeutic interventions, and DSM diagnoses.
Progress Notes Planners contain complete, prewritten progress notes for each presenting problem in the companion Treatment Planners.
For more information on our PracticePlanners® products, including our full line of Treatment Planners, visit us on the Web at: www.wiley.com/practiceplanners