Customer Discussions > Merry Christmas II You forum

Publicity Stunt

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2010 2:38:20 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 2:49:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2010 2:49:40 PM PDT
Carlos G. says:
lol she's not 2 weeks along, she's known since August.

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 2:58:09 PM PDT
That's not what she said in the Today show interview, maybe you should watch it again. She said "She is only a few weeks along." Regardless - she tied this news in with her new album - pimping out her unborn baby for publicity.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2010 3:01:30 PM PDT
H. Miranda says:
Get the hell out of here with your lack of information. When did Mariah say she's two weeks pregnant? She is MONTHS along, and is expecting in Spring. She is going on a promo tour VERY soon (literally in a few days) for the album, so of course she had to disclose that she is pregnant - Ellen, Oprah, The View, George Lopez, etc. would ask about it, and instead of having to dodge it, now she can discuss it. Damn, can't the woman be happily pregnant without people thinking it's a publicity stunt? Sheesh.

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 3:10:24 PM PDT
Carlos G. says:
A few weeks doesn't necessarily have to mean 2, c'mon now you're just grasping for straws. She's known for awhile now, dating back to August at least. She even sent a tweet to one of the owners of Mariah Daily asking them to keep it quiet, in AUGUST.

http://www.mariahjournal.com/news.shtml#newsitemEkllklkklpYSkGtaaY

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 6:51:20 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 8:21:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2010 8:36:02 PM PDT
Carlos G. says:
The album will continue to sell throughout the season, which is the whole point of releasing it so early in November. Honestly stop trying to pick at every little thing to try and find something negative to say, it's pretty pathetic and just shows what a sad, desperate stan you are.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2010 5:24:21 PM PDT
Joy says:
She's over 3 MONTHS pregnant!! Stop trying to spread lies!!!

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 8:19:28 PM PDT
Neil,

It's been reported all over the place that Mariah is 4 months pregnant. If you don't like her, that's ok but show a little decency and respect. She had NO CHOICE but to finally go public because she is going to be promoting the album starting Monday when she appears on Ellen and Lopez later. It doesn't matter if her album flops; however let me assure you that this one will do just fine. The blogs are screaming with Mariahs "old" fans. You know, the ones who say, "I like the old Mariah." And everyone, including critics, are praising her vocal strength on this album. Mariah has nothing left to prove Neil and when she has a moment, her "old" fans always come flocking back. Not every album by Mariah and not every song has to hit number 1. Obsessed (while it was the only big hit) on MOAIA, did very good. Just to have top 10 hits 2 decades after your debut speaks volumes. So again, if you don't like her, that's ok but Mariah Carey has made a lasting contribution in the music industry that has also paved the paths for people you may listen to today. Amazing how many people decided to become singers because they grew up hearing songs like Vision of Love. Beyonce Knowles has stated that she knew she had to be a singer when she heard that song. Anyway, Mariah is back and the CD which I received on Wednesday, having ordered it from HSN, is truly a great gift from her to her fans who appreciate that she's a workhorse who constantly makes music for us to engoy. With that in mind Neil, Merry Christmas 2 You.

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 11:23:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2010 11:24:05 AM PDT
KC says:
There's nothing wrong with publicity stunts. Madonna's whole career is based on publicity stunts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2010 2:35:18 PM PDT
Agreed, and so is Lady Gaga's. I think it is quite nice for Mariah to have a new bundle of joy in her life. It would be nice for her & Nick to become parents for the first time.

Posted on Nov 1, 2010 2:40:03 PM PDT
AJ says:
Whoever started this forum, first of all, your face is a publicity stunt. Second of all, even if she isn't pregnant, I'm sure Mariah won't have trouble finding publicity from her new Christmas album. So um, yea back off haters and enjoy the new album :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2010 10:54:07 PM PDT
J. Simmonds says:
Jason,

You have said it well. BTW, my name is also Jason. I stayed up tonight to make sure to buy my download at the stroke of midnight and I am right now listening MCIIU. I am happy. Mariah has given so much to this world in every single corner thereof ever since "The First Vision"....God bless her!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2010 9:36:08 AM PDT
Jason,

Thanks for your comments. Believe it or not, I preordered the Cd through HSN and got it last Wednesday. I was shocked but grateful for the extra early gift. I hope people are ready for a ballad again because One Child Deserves to become an all time classic. The whole album is amazing. Mom and Mariah together is mind boggling and Auld Lang Syne is stunning. Never expected Mariah to pull a Donna Summer on all of us but am very gratefule for it. Enjoy the Cd.

Posted on Nov 2, 2010 4:20:56 PM PDT
It was June when she pulled out of the For Colored Girls movie because she was already pregnant so she has to be at least 5 months pregnant and due to give birth sometime in the month of March.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2010 11:11:33 PM PDT
M. Carnie says:
learn your facts okay, btw it wasnt a publicity stunt, if you were a fan youd know christmas is her favourite time of year. just like no one says to her that emancipation of mimi was a publicity stunt. mariah is just reviving her career.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Merry Christmas II You
Merry Christmas II You by Mariah Carey (Audio CD - 2010)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (172)