Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Publish on Amazon Kindle with Kindle Direct Publishing
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon January 19, 2011
I have published an e-book on Kindle through Amazon, and although I had tried another e-book publishing company, it is much easier to publish on Amazon Kindle and this book succinctly takes you through all of the steps in a simple and complete manner. I found it invaluable if you are going to publish for Kindle.
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2010
How-to-do-it books come in 3 modes: super technical, sloppy, and helpful.
This book is in the third categoary. It has straight forward instructions and explanations.
I should know. I spent several years myself writing software manuals.
I also just published my first ebook on Amazon.

For ebook authors, "Publish" is a must.
Thanks for making it so easy, Amazon.

The Rose Killer
22 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2012
As a previously traditionally published author I can better appreciate this simplified process.
Background - My first novel (Serial Separation) took months to complete the publication process. Much communication and expense was involved.
Kindle process - Although I heard that loading a novel was going to be time consuming regarding formatting etc., It only took an initial load to see how the format of Scent of Gardenia looked, and then one final load with the formatting changed in Word.
I have, and strongly recommend, this book to anyone who wants to understand and potentially publish using the KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) process.
To make this review complete I would suggest the following in your Word document -
Double Space, set page width to be 6" x 9", No indents, Page break only after chapter endings, Times New Roman 12 PT., and in the file save process (save a backup) but save the Word document as WEB PAGE, FILTERED. My underestanding is that removes all of the special Word document formats. That HTML file (don't panic) is the file to upload to the Kindle process.
Having written manuals in the past - this document was a help. I opened this instruction document while I did each step in Amazon. Read that document BEFORE you attempt to do the actual process.
Dick C Waters (this is offered only as a suggestion - I am not responsible for any problems.) Please check out my two novels, and the other two to be published soon.
(Please ignore the "Mercedes" in the reviewed by as she's just a character in the novel, which you won't ignore at all if you read the two novels)
on May 15, 2011
This kindle book contains the same information as the simplistic walkthrough on the KDP site.

While this is a free title, and as such has lesser expectations than a book you would actually pay for, the lack of information is saddening, given that the source is Amazon itself.

This book in its entirety deals only with the business aspects of getting your book published through the site, and touches on how to actually create the book only by linking to various places on the web.

Being someone who is interested in creating books for the Amazon Kindle, there is much that I would like to see in a book from the source about how to create a book that is only available through the forums, and not in an official source.

The Kindle is a wonderful device, with great potential. I would like official information on how to make the most of the platform. As it is, we are given all the information we need on the business side of things, and set to fend for ourselves on figuring out the rest of Amazon's platform.
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
This book is ok for creating a book for the Kindle ereader, but the "Building your book for Kindle" is much better as it is more informative. Both are free from Amazon, so why not treat yourself and get the better volume?
on March 17, 2011
This Book is a must for anyone who wishes to learn the insides and the outs
of writing and publishing their own e-book. It is a step-by-step Guide for DTP Formatting and HLML
Manuscripts to Publication which is a breeze when you follow the Guide. With a finished Manuscript,
it takes about a half hour to Publish. I recommend it!
on November 28, 2015
This is a free publication, and it tells the first-time Kindle publisher what needs to be done to get an eBook up for sale on the Kindle site. If you plan to publish an eBook on Amazon for the first time, I suggest downloading this document plus "Building Your Book for Kindle."
on February 3, 2016
Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) gave clear requirements and directions to build my e-book prior to submission to Amazon. The information was free! There is a section for most frequently asked questions (FAQ), and a contact address for additional help. The rates for percentage of author's return from sales is clear and based on Amazon's pricing ranges for e-books, and also options for author payment. My search became focused on how to obtain copyright and prices, depending on country location (USA, Australia, etc.), depth of legal coverage, and was one copyright number good for one book or for all I may write in future? I may have missed that KDP section if it was offered. Amazon suggests books and purchase prices about copyrighting. I went on Google to find the US government copyright site and obtained one on-line. I appreciated KDP's concise and free directions.
on November 20, 2012
If you have any idea of wanting to publish on Kindle--this is a GREAT guide to do it.....I followed all the steps to a tee and got three books published in a very short time. Explanations and diagrams are exact! Thanks for a great book.
on February 11, 2016
Who hasn’t thought of writing a book? Blogs are great, but how about putting your ideas out there in book form, making some money, and getting a greater audience. Amazon is geared to help us. They have put together two books (this one and “Building Your Book for Kindle”) to help us through the process. The books are easy to read and very informative. I would suggest that you read through both first. Then go back and use them as “workbooks” to develop your manuscript (Building Your Book for Kindle) and sign up to publish (this book) your material online through Amazon. Their step-by-step guide is very helpful, even if you do not know much about getting the most out of your word processor (Building Your Book for Kindle), and will help you set up an account in order to sell your books through Amazon.com (this book).