Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: CPS Pulse Response Pad By Einstruction unknown Edition by EINSTRUCTION (2010)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 21, 2011
I was required to purchase this "clicker" for a lecture class I was taking with 178 other students. I purchased the product used and after doing so, had to also purchase a subscription through the company that either makes this device or the software to use with it. The subscription was more than the actual device cost me. I used it for a 5 week summer course on the batteries that came with the device from the previous owner. I can assume the batteries were new or close to it. Over a 20 day period I had the clicker on for 2 hours straight and it never shut off or got a low battery warning.

It is a little tricky to use if you ignore/lose the instructions that go along with it. That is my only complaint, but it took me only 10 minutes to understand all the functions just figuring it out through trial and error.

I felt like a game show contestant in class or a voter on America's Funniest Home Videos, but this model is of course wireless unlike the game show models.

Weight wasn't too bad. It weighs as much as an iPhone or a regular universal remote for a television. If I don't need it for another class I will pay it forward and sell mine used. Other than using it for a class requirement for quizzing and bonus point trivia questions, I don't have much of a use for it.
on March 1, 2012
I needed CPS pulse for my class so I purchased it over Amazon for $13
rather than buying straight from my school for $32.
Never knew you had to register the product over the einstruction site and
pay another $13 for the semester. Up to this part was reasonable.
The part I get pretty annoyed is that in class, This thing is always searching
and the response has a 1-2 second delay. Also if you sit too far from the
receiver it doesn't work and keeps on searching. It's not even a big lecture room.
on November 12, 2012
IT workers looking to save a few bucks on a replacement pad, beware:

The pad powers on and works, but I could not get it to communicate with my existing receiver. Why? After a lengthy discussion with eInstruction tech support, it was discovered that the pad is formatted for Higher Education and not K-12. Apparently, there is no way to change this as eInstruction is sending me a correctly formatted, replacement pad. If you work for a high school, you may be able to feign ignorance and get a replacement as well. If you need more than one, I would suggest just going through your supplier.
on October 20, 2012
This device is an absolute piece of junk. It has proven in my experience to be problematic both for students and teachers -- the clickers and the software are buggy. It is slow, unreliable, bulky, not user friendly, and not to mention, expensive. This company deserves to be put out of business for making such crappy products and it is frustrating that lecture halls full of students are required to buy and use them. Not only are the students' money important, but these products impact their grades, learning experience, and so consequently their careers.

My professor was forced to completely negate any clicker questions because they proved so unreliable. And that was after an issue of half of the 215 students purchasing the wrong clickers because it is not clear what clicker is what based on ISBN and model numbers.
on February 21, 2012
This response pad worked and fulfilled my class requirement at a MUCH better price than my school's bookstore wanted. Make sure to get a CPS key too. If you know you need CPS for more than one class a lifetime key is going to be a lot cheaper than the key for one class.
on March 12, 2013
Though I'm used to another type of clicker, I don't mind this one's layout. It does take a bit of time to turn on and start working, but so far it's been working very well without a fuss, and I've been using the same batteries I put in it the first time I started using it in January. I usually leave the clicker on during class so I won't have to re-enter the class roster that day, and have had no problems with battery drainage, and it works very well.
on June 12, 2016
Similar to other reviews, I was required to buy this specific clicker for my class and decided to buy it here due to the fact that is was half the price than buying it new in store. I well knew that I was buying a used clicker so I was expecting poor quality, and also having pay for registration once I got it. Once the clicker arrived, it didn't come in its original box as shown when one is buying it but rather in a plastic bag. After registering it, I was quite happy knowing that I saved money and bought a good condition clicker besides the faded ID tag on the back and a couple bad condition buttons. Overall it's good if you're trying to save yourself some money, but also make plans to buy some AA batteries cause it doesn't' come with them.
review image review image review image
on March 8, 2013
I received a functional clicker, but when I went to link it to my class, it wouldn't allow me to program my student ID into it...That's kind of a big deal when you're using this product. On the upside, when I asked to return it, they sent me packaging to do so promptly! Fantastic customer service, but a questionable product. Maybe I just got a wonky one!
on August 24, 2015
If you buy this used, it will most likely not come with a class registration code. The manufacturer charges a fee for each class, but provides a coupon for one class free. Buying this used actually costed me money verses buying new.
on September 8, 2015
While the unit arrived on time as advertised it was not perfect. The unit would not turn on. Upon opening the battery compartment I was shocked to see that the batteries were really old and had badly leaked! The battery terminals were completely buried under residue. I took the really old batteries out and cleaned out the compartment and terminals. The unit was advertised as used but it definitely had not gone through any servicing or even basic triage. Once cleaned and new batteries were put in the unit worked.