One of the most important political books of 2012! -- Jason Williams, Host of For The People Show, KVNU Radio, Provo, Utah
"A real awakening about women online!" -- Maggie Linton, co-host, Cover to Cover show, XM/Sirius Radio
" ...[P]ositive and energizing, no matter whether you're a C-SPAN junkie or barely get a second to skim the headlines over coffee. [Mothers of Intention] is a great reminder that while mothers differ on specific issues, our common concern for our kids' futures unites us."-- Cool Mom Picks, coolmompicks.com
"Encouraging mothers to step up & enter the political fray, whether through public policy process or espousing political opinions in blogs or columns, Bamberger calls upon mothers to muster their courage, harness their intellectual prowess & change the political conversation." Meredith O'Brien, columnist, MommyTrackd.com
From the Inside Flap
From the Back Cover
- "Who better than Joanne Bamberger to pen this provocative look at the rising power and clout of what is fast becoming a formal political force in this country... essential reading for anybody who values a glimpse of the future - and the key matriarchal forces that will be shaping it" - Claire Shipman, Senior National Correspondent for Good Morning America
- "The next time anyone complains about the lack of political participation by mothers, please give them a copy of Mothers of Intention" - Elisa Batista, co-founder of MotherTalkers
- "Politicians and pundits take heed - if you want to know what women (moms in particular) are thinking and how they're voting, look no further than Joanne Bamberger's insightful Mothers of Intention"
- "Mothers of Intention" is required reading for anyone who wants to work successfully with women in social media. Joanne Bamberger does a wonderful job of shredding the stereotype "soccer mom" in favor of smart women who vote. And, yes, some of these women just happen to be somebody's mother. -- Lisa Stone, Founder/CEO, BlogHer.com
- "Joanne Bamberger is a wise and powerful writer who has spearheaded the growth of a whole new school of opinion journalism: the punditmom idiom. Her book is a wake-up call to anyone still unaware of the galvanizing power of social media" - Judith Warner, author of Perfect Madness: Motherhood in the Age of Anxiety and Hillary Clinton: The Inside Story
About the Author
Joanne contributes to The Huffington Post & writes a weekly political parenting column at Babble Voices. She's been a regular contributor at AOL's Politics Daily and BlogHer, and is the co-founder of The Broad Side, a new site for women's opinion writing. A former op-ed columnist for The Washington Examiner, Joanne's work has also appeared in a variety of publications such as The Washington Post, Legal Times, Washingtonian Magazine and many others. Her political commentary has appeared on CNN, MNSBC, Fox News, Good Morning America, XM POTUS Radio, BBC Radio, NPR.com and more.