5.0 out of 5 stars Punk Goes Pop 5, a clarification.
Published on November 24, 2012 by Sam Torruellas

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun
Have to really be in the mood for fun to listen to it. And that's about it. Fun album with cool takes on pop songs. Some were really well done and preferred over or equal to the original an some are as much a pass as the original.
Published 16 months ago by SusieQ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Punk Goes Pop 5, a clarification., November 24, 2012
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (MP3 Music)
First of all anyone who knows anything about Punk Goes... knows that it is nothing like the originals. For those who say there is no respect for the original musician you are most likely correct. Punk goes pop is designed to take stupid pop songs and make them awesome punk songs. Of course those who respect the original song will not like any of these albums. Its true more metalcore and deathcore bands are participating in this album in particular, but that should be expected. If you were simply hoping for a clean cover of your pop song with electric guitars in the chorus, you will not like this album. That being said Punk Goes... included some covers like that and I personally find them atrocious just like I do the originals (We Found Love and Glad You Came). Now my critics will say I only appreciate screaming and repetitive breakdowns that are signature with metalcore, hardcore, basically anything ending in core. That is not true. I did like Grenade, and Somebody That I Used To Know is one of my favorites on this album. Due to the record sales of this album I expect the next one to be similar. If you would like to know what to expect from a modern punk goes... album, Mercy (The Word Alive), Call Me Maybe (Upon This Dawning), Payphone (Crown the Empire), and Some Nights (Like Moths to Flames) are great examples of what you should expect. Oh and for those speculating over too many breakdowns and screaming, this is a fairly mild album, still very punk.

5.0 out of 5 stars its what my teen wanted, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (Audio CD)
My teen asked for this. She listens to punk metal and this was a nice combo of several artists for her.

5.0 out of 5 stars EPIC, May 17, 2013
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (Audio CD)
Love it~!! And it came with a sample cd of others great songs.
I play it every time I need a energy boost~

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, this is great!, January 9, 2013
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (Audio CD)
Ok, I have all the "punk goes..." CDs and I have to say, this is the best one. Almost every song is strong and awesome and puts a great spin & interpretation on the original. This CD rocks. Trust me, I wouldn't lie to you. I'm a 38 year old punk/rock enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular Music goes Metalcore!, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (Audio CD)
Really Awesome stuff! To be honest I'm not a fan with American Modern Pop Music but when groups like Upon This Dawning does Call Me Maybe and Like Moths to Flames cover Some Nights,they make those songs really enjoyable to listen to.That's what I like about The Punk Goes... Series,they're awesome making Popular music for the casual listeners pretty epic for the other listeners who's not into Mainstream.Worth getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Punk 5, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (MP3 Music)
Punk goes pop albums really put a new twisted spin on current pop songs heard on today's radio. These redefined pop songs transform into hardcore punk/screamo. Please take a look at the songlist before purchasing this 5th album. Grenade provides a nice overall tone with no screamo unlike Boyfriend that has screamo moments in which could irritate your ears while Glad You Came starts soft and pretty much ends up as screamo at the end of the song. Basically this album is quite nice but is not for the light-hearted rockers.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (Audio CD)
I am so happy with this and I am also happy it had bonuses in the cd case too! I really love this CD and the other ones I ordered with it too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, October 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (MP3 Music)
These albums are so epic! I love finding excuses to listen to mainstream pop music, and it is so great to hear more intense versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Punk Goes Pop 5 (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed this cd. It is awesome. A lot of amazing bands. I can't wait for the next one o come out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›