Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 10, 2011
This book really delivers. If you have a new puppy it tells you exactly what you need to do to make that a successful transition. I especially found the chapters on puppy safety and what to feed a new puppy helpful. The Puppies Ten Commandments, at the end of the book, melted my heart.
on March 17, 2012
Okay so brought home a new puppy, a rescue dog. I began looking for a book to help me learn what I should do with my new pup. I didn't want a long drawn out, several hundred pages book--because I know myself I wouldn't that get much out of it and wouldn't read it all. I selected this book because when I did a search on Google for "puppy training kindle" it was the first one that came up. I read through the description and was please with what the content looked like. Now having read it, I have to say I am very happy with what I learned from this book. It is thorough without overloading the reader. And it covers a lot of ground. The chapter on how to socialize your puppy is the best part of the whole book. There are things in it I wish I had known several dogs ago.

It's funny I read some of the other reviews before writing this (because I didn't want to say the same thing as everyone else) and I saw the one that gave the book a single star and described the book as "a two page magazine article at best." Are we talking about the same book? I'm pretty sure this book is well over 50 pages and is filled with tons of helpful information. Well, I give it 5 stars.
on April 9, 2013
I've never been motivated to post a review about anything on Amazon before reading this "book," but I was so shocked and disappointed by its quality (or lack thereof). I felt like I had to post at least one review that pointed out the major issues. The text is riddled with spelling/grammar errors and was clearly never edited. I'm not sure how it was even published. I wished that Amazon had indicated that this was an amateur publication or that there had been at least one review describing the problems. I hope this saves someone the trouble! Put your money towards a more reputable book and give this one a "pass."
on March 14, 2012
Puppy Training: The Ultimate Guide on Puppy Training Tips for the First Few Months of Bringing Home a New Puppy- From House Breaking a New Puppy and Puppy ... Checklist, Puppy Safety, Dog Games and More.
I have read and outlined this book. Also gave a copy to a friend who is going to "Puppy Share" Penelope so we can be on the same page w/training. Made notes and am now using the beginning steps with my seven-week old Shih Tzu, Penelope! Wonderful book with easy to understand training suggestions that appear to work.
I like the emphases on remembering the puppy's short attention span. Seems to work w/Penelope - short training/playing sessions.
on February 2, 2012
I've been reading dog and puppy training and puppy care books all my life hoping that I am doing the best for my pets. I know I am always going to be a dog owner all of my life so it's great to learn some new things. This book is hands down the best book I have ever read on puppy training. It's offered the most practical tips I have ever read.

The checklist and games are a nice touch too but the section on puppy safety is the most important. There is no doubt that you can get the best for your money with this book.
on May 22, 2013
The information in this book is very general and common sense. The paragraph recommending to determine when to bathe your dog by giving it the sniff test was too much. Furthermore, this book obviously wasn't edited as there were several grammatical errors. I don't know how it wound up an "Amazon best seller", but don't waste your money!
on March 31, 2012
My wife and I have been looking for a puppy for quite a while. We finally found a breeder that we liked and settled on a white lab. Before getting our lab, I wanted to do some research on how to properly raise the new addition to our family. After researching many books and reading from several different people that have had dogs, they had all wished they had read this book first. I must say I am very happy that my wife and I read this book before getting our dog. It opened my eyes to things I didnt know anything about, since my wife and I have never owned a dog. I would suggest this book to anyone who is looking at getting a dog or has just gotten a dog, its not to late! This book has many insights to raising a puppy, from teaching them commands, crate training,transporting, potty training....etc. I throughly enjoyed this book and think it has helped my wife and I raise our dog who is now almost 9 weeks.
on March 21, 2013
This was a good book for someone with little or no knowledge of raising a puppy. It is a great starting guide. It did not offer much in depth detailed information on how to achieve desired results like I was hoping. Overall a easy to understand beginners guide.
on March 13, 2012
This is not a book! It is a two page magazine article at best.

If you are conscientious enough to be looking for a book on how to train your new puppy then this "book" will tell you nothing you don't already know. Let me give you examples of what you will find in this book:

Chapter - Bringing Home a New Puppy: It's an exciting time and what you do with the puppy when it is young will determine how it turns out.

Chapter - New Puppy Supplies You Must Have: Water & food bowls, leash & collar, & probably a gate to keep it in a particular room. Oh, and if you will want to crate train your puppy a crate would be useful.

Chapter - Best Ways to Puppy Proof Your Home: Crawl around on the floor and see what the puppy can possibly chew on and remove it, especially if it is a poisonous chemical.

Chapter - How to Stop Your Puppy from Whining: Puppies whine for a reason; they're hungry or in pain, they want your attention, need to go to the bathroom, they're hot or cold... So, anticipate their needs and if you're sure there is no reason they should be whining, ignore them. Etc.

Chapter - How to Teach Your Puppy Tricks: Be patient and consistent, do it daily and make it fun.

There is NO SUBSTENSE behind the obvious. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR YOUR MONEY. If I could return this e-"BOOK" i would!
on February 13, 2013
This book was helpful but dont rely on it for all of your puppy training needs.

It just needs a little more focus on training and less on bringing your puppy home.