Purchasing this game? Why or why not :)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 26, 2012 1:53:25 PM PDT
Alright, I was really pumped for BO2. But then the trailer burst my bubble really quick (didn't find it as good as it should be, may prove me wrong). Now I'm not so sure about purchasing the game. Why would YOU purchase this game? Why wouldn't you? Please don't let your fan boy side shine, I think we need to have an honest discussion about this. :)

Posted on May 26, 2012 7:45:28 PM PDT
Chris Ake says:
Nah. It doesnt look like cod. I wouldnt like that much of a change. H4 looks good though!

Posted on May 27, 2012 7:04:26 AM PDT
B.L says:
I'm purchasing it because I like how they're doing something different and making it more futuristic. I wasn't really looking forward to another pre 21 century war game. Idk how Chris Ake can say it doesn't look like COD when the only thing we've seen is a trailer, people love making far fetched assumptions on these forums.

Aside from those reasons, I'm buying it because it's Call of Duty, and I've had fun with every other COD game(some way more then others.) And it's hard to have my fanboyism not shine. People buy trusted brands because well they're trusted. And to me Call of Duty is a trusted brand. Halo is too, so I'll be buying Halo 4 also.

Posted on May 27, 2012 8:54:23 AM PDT
That's true, Halo 4 is also a definite purchase for me this year.

Posted on May 27, 2012 1:45:29 PM PDT
I really liked the Combat Training in Black Ops, if they can improve the AI and make them intelligent and realistic enough to play Objective based game-modes, this will be a great offline split-screen/multiplayer game. Also, Reznov is my favorite COD character (for various & strange reasons) and I'm excited to see if he makes an appearance, even in psychological form.

Posted on May 28, 2012 7:12:09 PM PDT
Os Money says:
zombies in the treyarch games...need i say more?

Posted on May 29, 2012 1:10:31 AM PDT
Halo 4 a week before. Nuff said.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 1:36:43 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 12:54:07 PM PDT
Zombies is the only reason I'd get this... then again, I got all the zombie maps on blops... and well, don't play them enough... I'm honestly looking towards MOH: Warfighter, as the multiplayer trailer really impressed me... Plus, I'm already committed to Halo 4, Borderlands 2, and Probably Assassin's creed 3.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:32:43 PM PDT
K. Arenz says:
OOOOHHHH Limited Edition Wallpaper....score!!! Sarcasm, who cares about that, give me something worth a darn.

Posted on Jul 2, 2012 9:28:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 2, 2012 9:28:36 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 8:18:53 PM PDT
I'd rent this first. I was disappointed when I watched the campaign footage at E3. The new setting seems like little more than window dressing and the branching choices looked like a gimmick (ex: sniping vs hitting the street). It looks like they're still using the same engine that powered Call of Duty 4, the graphics are quite dated...and the same can be said for the gameplay.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 8:50:21 AM PDT
jb says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012 6:51:36 PM PDT
I dont know about that. MW2 went overboard with killstreaks - ive seen matches won by someone who gets a chopper gunner in a care package while the other team got junk in their packages. Certain perk combinations that were broken and imbalanced weapons like the ump ruined matches too - when one team calls in a nuke and you see someone on the other has no kills 24 deaths, is that skill?

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 11:07:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2012 11:08:19 AM PDT
Whitey Fords says:
@jb....please explain your position that no skill is required to dominate. I dominate, is that by chance? Luck? What would you call it? Also in reply to some comparisons to Halo, unless you can jump 50 feet in the air shooting laser pistols, I don't see how BO2 looks like Halo. A futuristic setting doesn't change the game itself, it's still Call of Duty. And lastly @Cmdr Spangler, the same engine, the IW engine, has been used for every COD game since COD2, just in updated versions.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 11:45:07 AM PDT
Jay says:
nope same old same old

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 9:44:45 AM PDT
I'm honestly not sure if I'll get BO2 yet. I know I'm not getting it when it first launches. I rather enjoy BO1's multiplayer, and to my great surprise after recently getting MW3, I find that I like that game's MP almost as much as BO1's. (I was expecting it to be as horrible as I found MW2's MP) So I think I'll stick with BO1 and MW3 for COD multiplayer gaming. I might get BO2 later on when it's cheap for zombies, and the premise for the campaign does sound a bit interesting, so I might get it for the campaign as well. But at this point I'm not sure yet.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 10:11:50 AM PDT
Did anyone want this to be WaW 2? cause I did! I liked WaW the most. And though the MP40 was op'd like the famas in Blops, the maps were big enough that the Mp40 didn't have a chance against the arisaka. Plus, there were vehicles, but not a gazillion of them... like Battlefield.... Supposedly, after reading the blog on MoH: Warfighter, they are trying to find a match between Cod and Battlefield... Vehicles, yet not a ton. Work in teams too. Plus, Frostbite Engine looks superior to the IW engine. Just saying.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 12:17:45 PM PDT
I really only liked Call of duty Black Ops because of zombies. But i don't think that i'm gonna get this COD. Even though its set further in the future, the demo still seemed like MW4. You can't judge it since it's not out, but i'm probably getting halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3. Halo 4's graphics look amazing and it seems more skill-based. Call of Duty's playstyle isn't that skill-based. It's really based on who reacts first, or who has the better gun. And Assassin's Creed 3 looks awesome too. I didn't feel that "awesomeness" when i watched the gameplay demo For COD BO II. It felt the same as the previous COD's. COD seems to be getting worse and worse for me. Yet millions of people buy it. And graphics aren't as good as i hoped for this new COD. They are using the same engine that they have used for a long time. I'm gonna skip it this year around and get Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 6:00:28 AM PDT
rpd123 says:
I liked Black Ops' campaign a lot and I'm a little disappointed that they didn't continue it in some way. The multiplayer sucked in Black Ops though. It had it's moments but most of the maps were not very fun in my opinion. I will probably end up getting BO2, but definitely not at release. I'll be getting Halo 4 on release and either Assassins Creed 3 or Assassins Creed 3 Liberation the week before that.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 6:47:37 PM PDT
K. Arenz says:
Nope, not gonna buy into another COD this time. The trailer, premise, and setting do nothing for me. Saw the demo on Jimmy Fallon and was not impressed. I'll be spending my hard earned money on Halo 4 and ACIII instead.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 3:14:30 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 15, 2012 4:56:26 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 6:26:50 PM PDT
without free release date delivery, not worth going through Amazon

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 4:31:06 PM PDT
William B says:
No way I stopped playing after MW3 It seems more and more aimed as a kids game. I always see more and more little kids buying this then teen and up. Every time I play I always hear little kids screaming it at me. MW3 also seemed way to easy online the first guns you are equipped with did so much damage. My favorite one till this day Is World at War. I would rather see a world at war 2 or a world war II shooter in the future. Modern war stories are not interesting to me. It always about terrorism or who has the nuke? I will pass this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 5:33:52 PM PDT
I agree. I loved World at War the most... Good maps, which varied in Elevation throughout. <Somehow that was lost on most maps now a days. And the Animations were amazing, as far as blood and limbs tearing apart and such. Good Kill Streaks, good Equipment... TANKS.... Waw Had it all! =D
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  30
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  May 26, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360 by Activision Inc. (Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (2,501)