5.0 out of 5 stars Pure 60's = Pure Entertainment
Published on July 24, 2003 by D. A. Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sick of imposters, and the companies that sell them!!!
Not only is this CD "PURE 60's" a RIP-OFF, it's a crime. None of these songs are original - they are all "sound-a-likes!!! NOT REAL!!! A LIE!!! A MISREPRESENTATION of the truth using words/phrases like "The Original Artists" to deceive you, to trick you, to lull you into believing that you will actually hear The group known as "The Turtles" actually sing their song,...
Published on February 23, 2012 by Truthsayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure 60's = Pure Entertainment, July 24, 2003
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
Even if you think you've got all of the songs on this CD, you still need this one. Not only is every song on this CD a #1 song, there are a couple of surprises. Notably, "Hang On Sloopy" which features a verse not usually heard on radio. Also, the version of "Na, Na, Hey, Hey, Kiss Him Goodbye" is an extended version as well. You won't be disappointed with this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 60s compilation I've seen, April 17, 2004
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
I've bought several 60s compilations but this was the only one I've been pleased with. If you like the five songs Amazon lets you preview then you'll like many of the others as well. Surprisingly, the record company resisted the temptation to include just enough good songs to sell the CD and fill the remaining space with garbage... all of the songs are excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars fine album geared toward the casual fan, January 18, 2008
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
Pure 60's: The #1 Hits is a budget priced CD that gives you an enormous twenty-six tracks for the price that you pay. The quality of the sound is excellent and I predict that this will bring back fond memories for those of us who first heard these songs on the radio.

Dion's "Runaround Sue" starts the CD off with a bang; he belts this out like a pro and the arrangement even uses hand clapping to make "Runaround Sue" positively electric! There are excellent backup vocalists on "Runaround Sue," too. The Tokens also weigh in with their ballad "The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh)." Wow--how they harmonize and they sing this with passion and all their might.

Listen also for Leslie Gore performing her classic "It's My Party;" Leslie never sounded better and she sings this without a superfluous note. "Stop! In The Name Of Love" by The Supremes is a terrific song that always pulls at my heartstrings; The Supremes deliver this one so well nobody could have ever done it better.

"I Got You Babe" by Sonny & Cher is a touching soft rock number that rocks and rolls at just the right pace for a love song; and Sonny & Cher sound perfect. I really like "I Got You Babe" by Sonny & Cher.

The Mamas & The Papas do "Monday, Monday" with all their natural grace and this tune will leave you wanting more from this remarkably talented group. There's also "Good Vibrations" from The Beach Boys; they handle the tempo and key changes like the talented men that they are to make "Good Vibrations" an unforgettable `60s hit. "Happy Together" by The Turtles is another softer rock type of number that The Turtles deliver with style, grace and all their heart and soul. Great!

"Incense And Peppermints" by Strawberry Alarm Clock gives us one of the more psychedelic rock numbers that were so common in the mid and late 1960s; Strawberry Alarm Clock may not have had scores of huge hits but "Incense And Peppermints" is easily a highlight of any CD of `60s rock music.

"Aquarius/Let The Sun Shine In (The Flesh Failures)" moves me with its beauty; and the album ends nicely with Steam's "Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye." This solid rockin' tune is a great way to end the album--and again, this'll leave you wanting more!

Overall, this is a fabulous single CD retrospective of `60s rock music geared toward the casual fan. People who are deeply into `60s music will probably have these fine tunes in their collections already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure 60's: The #1 hits, July 25, 2005
A Kid's Review
I collect 60's CDs, and this is definitely the very best one that

I have. All songs are #1 hits, and each song has it's original artist. It includes many of my favorites, like "The Lion Sleeps Tonight," "Windy", "Hang on Sloopy" (which has a verse that is not heard on the radio), and "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In." You should definintely buy this CD if you are a fan of 60's music. You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars ALL THAT GREAT MUSIC AND WONDERFUL SOUND, October 25, 2005
stewart L (flushing ,ny) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
THIS IS A FANTASTIC CD WITH 26 TRACKS BEAUTIFULLY MASTERED THIS IS ONE THE BEST SOUNDING CD I HAVE HEARD IN MANY YEARS SUPERB ENGINEERING THE SOUND IS OPEN DYNAMIC AND CLEAN .VERY FEW CD DISCS ARE MASTERED THIS WAY TODAY AN OPEN DOOR FOR THE MUSIC . I HOPE OTHER PEOPLE WHO READ THIS HEAR WHAT I HAVE THANK YOU GOOD LISTENING TO ALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 60's hits from original singers., May 2, 2011
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
These "Pure 60's" hits were from the original singers and I enjoyed them very much. Singers like Lesley Gore, The Lovin Spoonful, Dion, The Monkees, Marvin Gaye, etc., brought back fond memories of that time. When I hear "Summer in the City" by the Loving Spoonfuls, I always think of New York City where I still live especially in the summer. Great addition to anyone's cd collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, October 14, 2004
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
I know this must sound really weird since I'm a kid, but I love 60's music! This is one of the best 60's CDs. Anyone who likes 60's music would love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Music!!, July 3, 2007
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
Pure and simple, they do not make music like this anymore. I have lived through the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. There are a few perfect moments in music in all of these decades. This CD represents many of the gems of music that shined in this decade, the 60's. They are to be cherished!!!

Billy

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Album of the 60's Songs, March 23, 2012
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
I listen to an oldies station at work and they play alot of 60's music. It got me thinking about the songs and did a search for 60's music. This one showed up and I listened to the tracks liked what I heard and bought the cd. Glad I did, now I can enjoy the songs I remembered growing up with. Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to buy another one!, December 7, 2011
Geli T. (Columbia, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pure 60's: The #1 Hits (Audio CD)
Ordered this as a gift for a friend when we talked about those party tapes the frat guys made in the 60's - but darn, I'm keeping it for myself, so there. Guess I'll have to order another to give away.

Pure 60's: The #1 Hits
Pure 60's: The #1 Hits by Pure 60's: No. 1 Hits (Audio CD - 2002)
Rate and Discover Movies