Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pure Fitness Preacher Curl Bench
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 24, 2011
This Preacher Curl bench is sturdy and able to hold substantial weight without danger of tipping over. My only problem is that the padding sits to low for me to do a proper preacher curl. I'm 6'2" and need to lean far over to get to a position to do the curls. As a result, my bottom slides back so far that I'm almost off the seat or I have to curl my back which is not good posture for curls. There are no height adjustments so it either fits you or it doesn't. I kept the unit to hold my curl bar off the floor but I'm not using it to do any curls. If you're 5'10" or under, this may work for you but if you're taller, then look for other options.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2012
-Assembly was very easy and quick ~20 mins
-I received a new product and the packaging was excellent
-I have Prime so I received it in two days
-It's lightweight so I can easily move it around with one arm.
-The design looks great and I really like it
-I already worked out once on it and doing preacher curls on this felt very comfortable
-The seat and arm cushions feel super comfortable
-For the price and quality combination, this is a huge deal.

Note: I'm 5''6 tall and I can comfortably work out while my feet are placed on the front of the machine (like shown in the 2nd picture) or while my feet are on the floor. The fit was perfect for my height. This means that what others have said is true: this is NOT for tall people! For my height of 5''6 it is "PERFECT" so if you're height is somewhat close to that then you'll be fine but if you're too tall then this is definitely NOT for you.

-Overall I am extremely happy with my purchase. The price was excellent and I got a quality product. I love it.

+5 stars
on January 5, 2012
Just received this today. I'm very impressed with the speed of delivery and the sturdy packing. The ease of putting it together was also a plus (20 minutes tops). Once togehter, the bench performs well and the feel is great. I have been lifting for several years and would highly recommend this piece of equipment for a beginner or even a veteran. This was a nice addition to my home gym. Great Buy!
on October 12, 2011
This is a great deal. Took 10 minutes to put together. Though the instructions are a bit lacking (there are 2 pics/steps in the instructions) it is self evident on how to put it together. Hardware is not labeled, but can figure out what everything is by looking at the whats-included-list. The bench is very stable, no movement whatsoever. Padding is good and material is of a decent quality so no worries with holes. Also just happens to match the color and pattern of my Marcy SM-6001 bench.
on January 10, 2013
This is a very high quality product for the money, I was very impressed with the easy assembly and the sturdyness of it. A nice hammer coat finish and thick leather/vinyl whatever it is should last a long time.
on November 30, 2011
I like the product, but had problems with the assembly. One of the provided nuts was too small for the bolt and I had a hard time getting it to work. Also one of the bolts was too big for the curl pad. I ended up having to find a smaller bolt to screw the pad to the bench. Overall I like the product but there could have been better assembly materials.
on August 27, 2012
Gym Quality? Definitely not. Worth the money? Definitely yes. I use it for preacher's curls with my cable machine, and it works great. I would perhaps hesitate to put a curl bar with 60 pounds of free weight on it, however. For my use, I am more than satisfied.
on January 4, 2013
Easy to follow instructions for the setup. The bench is made of good materials and is pretty sturdy. Definately made for shorter people
on January 9, 2013
I didn't expect a Gym quality preacher bench, but was pleased that it was as solid and well made as it was. Although assembly was a snap and pretty much self explanatory (it does come with easy to follow assembly instructions if you have a need), I can give you a little tip that may come in handy. After assembly, I inserted the pad frame into the bench. It started in good, but got snug the further I pushed it in to the point that it was stuck and would not come out without taking the chance of damaging the bracket that hold the pad to the pad frame. I squirted a good amount of WD-40 around the entry point and let it soak in for 10 mins or so. That solved the problem, as after a few solid bumps to the bottom of the pad, it loosened up enough to come out. I applied more WD-40 to both male and female parts of the insertion area and WALLAH - worked like a champ. The problem was that the parts were designed to fit perfect, but they did not take into consideration that the paint on the metal inside and out would cause this to happen. Anyway, very satisfied overall. :-)
on April 20, 2012
This curling bench is a good value for the money. It sets up fast and easy with basic tools. Its solid and strong. Amazon has the best price and speedy shipping. Have been using it for a few weeks and works good. Its not a gym quality piece but its good for home use!

See 1 answered question