4.0 out of 5 stars Great trampoline, assembly is frustrating
Published on June 24, 2010 by S. Arnold

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the Price
I purchased for my 5 yr old son. His occupational therapist uses a similar looking trampoline, so I ordered this one for him to use at home.

Published on February 19, 2012 by GA506

4.0 out of 5 stars Great trampoline, assembly is frustrating, June 24, 2010
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Sports)
Unfortunately I read the other review of this after I ordered it so I was a little scared by the reference to the assembly time. When I got this and started assembling it I thought it didn't seem so bad and wondered why it took the other reviewer 3 hours to assemble. And then I got to the part in the assembly where I had to start screwing the legs together. Although the directions were pretty clear and straightforward, screwing the legs together on this thing is really difficult. It's definitely a 2+ person job. It took me over 2.5 hours and I pinched my fingers a number of times. Once I got it assembled it's a great trampoline, my 3 year old loves it. My one concern though is that if a child is hanging onto the bar and jumping and leans forward too far, they could flip this thing over. It's probably safer to put the side with the handle up next to a wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Assembly Tips for a Great Product, January 10, 2013
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Sports)
I have never written a review before, but given all the grief the assembly of this item seems to cause, I felt it was necessary. This is a good product, my daughter has a sensory seeking disorder and this really helps with that. It is well built, sturdy, and has a safer design that most standard trampolines.

I, a female in her mid-30s, assembled this myself in about an hour and 20 minutes. Here are some tidbits that I hope will help out:

1. If you have assistance, it will help greatly when you're putting the legs together.

2. Resist the urge to ignore the directions. Read them carefully, make sure you have all the parts and then read them again.

3. Ignore the part of the instructions saying that you only need the included wrench. Wrong. You'll most likely need a hammer and possible a pair of plyers.

4. The instructions note several times about two types of legs and making sure you have them in the right place. This is very important. Know the difference between a round hole and a square hold.

5. Step 2 has you put the foam through the pre-sewn loops. This took me 20 minutes because I was scared about tearing the foam. But, have no fear, they are very durable and you will need to squish and beat up on them a bit to get them through the loops. I had the best luck pinching the foam together and then feeding it through.

6. BEFORE you proceed to Step 3 of the instructions, do a dry run with the leg assembly. Get out the bolts and spacers and make sure you have them laid out correctly and that the holes line up. It is MUCH easier to flip a leg around now than when have it attached to the mat and you have tension fighting against you.

7. Once you start assembling the legs to the handle, you will be working against increasing tension from the mat. Makes since, this tension is what soon will be causing your little one to bounce around in delight. Each corner will bring you more and more tension.

8. A second person can be a great help when you are aligning bolt holes and having to pull/turn the other pieces to get it all to align just.....right.

9. You might need a hammer to "help" the bolts through the holes.

10. Be VERY careful with the last corner. There won't be very much room to work because you will be dealing with the tension at its greatest. It is very easy to get a finger pinched in this last step. Get help from a friend so it pinches THEIR finger instead. Just kidding, the friend can help slip the spacer in while you hold the two legs in position.

Then all you have to do is tighten the nuts and you'll be on your way to relax while your little one bounces the night away.
Good luck and happy bouncing!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT for Occupational Therapy, October 7, 2011
Milanda Phelps (Universal City, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Sports)
My little one has sensory issues and sees an occupational therapist. In therapy he bounces on a small trampoline and loves it. We decided to order one for him and found this one. I was hesitant to order the product due to the previous reviews stating the difficulty in putting it together. I did decide to go ahead and order it, and am I glad I did! My 17 year old son had it put together in about 30 minutes, and it has been a GREAT tool in home therapy time for my three year old! I love that there are no springs to get little fingers pinched in, and the overall design is great! I highly recommend this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Shipping was great - hell to put together, June 1, 2010
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Sports)
Everything on Amazon's side was great - fast shipping, packaging was good. However, this was probably the hardest thing my husband and I have ever put together in our life. It took about 3 hours for 3 people to put it together (my Mom helped). My tip is to make sure you look at which way the screws go in to the poles, and make sure the circles are lined up with the circles and the squares up with this squares. We figured they all went the same way, and they definitely don't. The trampoline is super cute. I should note also that the picture shows light blue and pink, but the trampoline we received was blue and orange (which is fine with me because it is for my little boy)! Once you can get this thing together your child will love it. Good luck!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth the Price, February 19, 2012
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Sports)

The jumping surface is not "springy" (like you would find on a larger trampoline or an exercise trampoline), so it is not nearly as fun for him to use as the one used by his occupational therapist. The only reason he can jump at all is because the material is pulled very taut.

The handle bars and materials are not as sturdy as I would have liked. My son weighs about 46 lbs, which seems ok for the product; however, I would be concerned with a 75 pound child jumping on this product.

The surface area is big enough for its purpose.

The front of the box indicates "easy assembly". I had to have a second set of hands and we found it very difficult to assemble and, with a 5 year old, I have plenty of experience assembling toys and equipment.

Overall, it is not worth the price and I would not recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why reward a company for this?, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Misc.)
If you only read one thing in this review, let it be this. I would not recommend this product to anyone simply because there is no reason to reward a company for expecting you to go to such extraordinary lengths to assemble their product, when they don't take any steps to make it any easier for you in the first place? Let me be clear, I'm in no way challenging your manhood/womanhood to assemble this product. You will be able to assemble it. I'm just saying why should we reward a company by spending our limited dollars on a product that they have no interest in making assembly as easy as possible for the customer in the first place when we can reward other companies with those same dollars?

I just completed assembly of the product, myself (mid 40 year old male). Total time was 1:59. Tools required were: socket wrench, pliers, needle nose pliers (I'll explain later), masking tape, duct tape, flashlight, gloves. Ironically, the product comes with a nut "wrench" which was never used and the instructions indicate as the only tool required.

The first 30 minutes was spent simply threading the foam tubes through the main mat. This is the first example where the company could save every customer time, by simply prethreading those tubes. It looks simple but it is not due to the fact that the loops are tight and there is a significant amount of friction for each loop being threaded. One tip, thread the tube through the center loop first, and complete one side then come back to the other side. This is faster because the resistance is limited to 3 loops max.

The next step of then pushing the metal legs through the foam tubing is another example of where the manufacturer could have done so the customer doesn't have to. In my case, one of the foam tubes split open as the elbow shaped metal tube was pushed through the foam. I covered the split with duct tape, which should be fine as the split is not under one of the loops.

With regards to the rest of assembly, the most important recommendation is to only screw in the TOP screws on all sides first, and leave them as loose as possible to provide the greatest amount of wiggle room for the higher tension bottom screws. And, start with the side containing the handle as that is far more difficult, and thus requires more wiggle room than the other side. Pliers were used extensively to both pull out the screws for realignment purposes, as well as rotate the screws so as to ensure the square part of the screw would align with the square opening for proper seating.

In my case I actually disconnected the two handle bars in order to get the screws to go in on each side. When disconnecting, the prong dislodged just inside one of the handle bars thus requiring me to get a flashlight and needle nosed pliers to reset it.

Additionally, for folks assembling by themselves, I used masking tape to keep pieces aligned/balanced in order to insert and thread the screws. I simply removed the tape after the TOP screws were loosely assembled.

The bottom screw inserts are where the tough work happens. Again start with the side containing the handle bars. I most cased I had to tap in the screws using a tool - there's no other way. Once all screws were inserted with their nuts loosely connected (top and bottom), I then put on gloves and reinserted the handle bars together. The gloves were protection so I would not pinch nor skin my thumbs as it took an incredible amount of force to make this happen.

At that point, I tightened all screws using the socket wrench and debated whether to put on the screw caps, as they are clearly choking hazards. I put them on and will monitor whether the kids are attracted to them and start unscrewing them.

I'll try to post an update after a couple of months on product durability and how well the kids like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for our 2 year old, January 4, 2012
Jenny (El Paso, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Sports)
The ONLY reason I did not give this trampoline five stars is because the assembly was so difficult. "Santa" said words he doesn't normally say while putting this thing together. It did, however, finally get assembled and was ready on Christmas morning for our two year old daughter. She loves it so much and gets so much exercise that the frustration from assembling it was really worth it. If two people can find about 1-2 hours to dedicate to assembly, I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not durable, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Misc.)
I read many other reviews that stated the assembly was difficult, so I made a point to pay special attention to the instructions when putting it together. I am a relatively handy person and luckily didn't have any issues with assembly, but it did take about 45 min. We have had it for about eight months now, my 3 yr old still loves it. The pad is as springy as we need it. She can jump and get some air, but doesn't fly off the sides. I especially like the multiple elastic bands instead of metal springs or one elastic cord seen in some other versions. As for durability, the orange pads that border the trampoline and the blue handlebar pads have all begun to pull apart and fall off, or have fallen off altogether. The jumping pad itself and frame appear sound and work fine, but the metal framing is now exposed on the jumping area. I think this is a good deal for the price, but in the future will buy something a bit more durable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for my 2 year old, June 24, 2010
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Sports)
Took about an hour to put together, other than that it's good. Need to check all bolts occationally and reposition the styrofoam noodles on the bars because they move while in use.

1.0 out of 5 stars The orange pads cracked the first day ~ HARD to put together!! DO NOT BUY, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Pure Fun Kids Jumper (Sports)
This took about 3 hrs to put together, my 35 lb 4 yr old jumped on it only a few times and the orange padding around the outside started cracking, the blue center pad also has started to run, now I want to return it and since It was a Christmas gift I bought Oct 1, 2012 the time has expired for Amazon to pay for any shipping so I will have to pay for it. DEF DO NOT BUY!!! I would like to replace this with a reg smaller exercise trampoline... and will have a little girl wondering why Santa made her gift so this will be interesting........... POOR QUALITY!!!

Pure Fun 9001KJ Kid's Jumper Trampoline