Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 9, 2015
I have a hard time understanding the reviews that state that this product tastes bad. To me this has a delicious vanilla taste with no unpleasant after tastes. Maybe the other reviewers have different taste buds. Who knows? I love this product for weight loss and weight control. Many of the reviewers also complained that the product would not mix with water well. That is something that I have not tried as instead I use this product in a vegetable smoothie for weight loss and a fruit/yogurt smoothie with vegetables for weight control. The reason there are never any lumps or goo in my smoothies is they are made in a Ninja Professional 900 watt blender. When broccoli is mixed with low fat almond milk, spinach leaves, celery, 1/2 cup no fat yogurt, 4 large ice cubes or 10 small cubes and one large serving of the vanilla creme whey powder you have a nutricious and palatable diet drink smoothie that can carry you for 3 to 4 hours. You can substitute any veggies you wish.....dark greens, carrots, peas, green beans, raw asparagus, even red beets. Add a teaspoon of honey or sugar to slightly change the sweetness level. Maybe use low fat vanilla flavored yogurt and drop the almond milk. The combinations are really as limitless as your imagination.
To use the protein powder to maintain weight try a fruit smoothie with frozen blue berries, a banana, frozen cherries, red or green grapes, or blackberries. Add low fat almond milk, low fat vanilla or no fat yogurt. Here I add 8 almonds or peanuts. The banana and blueberries add more than enough sweetness. I top everything off with the ice again as smoothies of any kind taste best when chilled. Of course you can add such ingredients as apples, oranges (leaving the rinds on), pears peaches (without rind) and just about any other kind of fruit. I also always toss in a couple small heads of broccoli which you can NEVER taste. Borccoli is my least favorite vegetable so I try and hide the flavor at all costs even though I know it is one of the best veggies you can eat.
You may be thinking that this is all well and good, but there are those out there that do no want to use synthetic sugars. If that is the case try the Pure Protein 100% NATURAL Whey Powder Vanilla Creme as it contains Stevia which is claimed by some to be less harmful that other sugar substitutes.
The use of the Ninja blender is also the key to using this powder. The blender can be purchased for around $75.00 on Amazon. This blender REALLY blends and is well worth the price. There are no bits and pieces of things. Everything is blended to perfection. Even the rinds of fruits and all vegetables. You can use a regular blender but your still going to get bit and pieces of your fruits and veggies. I sincerely hope this review can be helpful to those who want to use protein powder and enjoying it without the gummy, unmixed experiences that others have had.
on July 26, 2013
This whey protein is smooth, delicious and mixes up into smoothies that satisfy like an ice cream milk shake. MEGABonus points for the very low sugar content and reasonable calorie/protein ratio. I subscribed!!!!
on March 4, 2011
I love the way this protein tastes. I add it to greek yogurt, fruit smoothies and more! I'm a WLS patient and we HAVE to drink protein all the time and this is the only one I have found that does not make me gag. I actually look forward to drinking my protein with this product. By the way this review is for the vanilla creme, which is the only one I've tasted so far.
55 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2015
I was on the fence about it since it was so cheap and basic, but my friend told me he gets it and to stop being a bad word.

So I got 3lbs.

I'm on my second pound. It works very well for shakes in the blender. I haven't tried it in a blender bottle, so I can't tell you if it blends well via shaking.

It also mixes well in hot liquids as long as you stir briskly and constantly. I added a tiny bit to some pasta sauce just get some extra protein where I could. Wasn't too bad.

When you open the container it smells like cake batter. That's a pretty big plus to me as well.

One of my favorite protein shake recipes:

1 scoop of the protein powder
1 banana (or half. Frozen is preferred)
2 tablespoons of no sugar added peanut butter
0.25oz of unsweetened cocoa powder (more if you want more chocolatey flavor)
A healthy dash of cinnamon
About 6oz of bottled water or milk

Blend in a blender, drink up.

466 calories (whole banana)
42g net carbs
18g fat
34g protein
8g fiber
24g sugar
review image
on February 7, 2014
I drink this every week day morning. Believe it or not, I mix it with 6 oz. of Caribou Blend coffee, 2 ice cubes, a scoop of Supergreen and then top off to 8 oz. with cold water. It mixes well and tastes great. I usually drink it around 8:00 AM and don't get hungry until noon. If you are on the fence about ordering it, I was too. I am now ordering my second one of the year. Yes, you can taste the vanilla, but it's not overpowering.
on August 15, 2013
I bake bread frequently and read that Whey Protein gives it good texture and helps with the rising. It certainly does! So I use this with other products and the taste of vanilla is a plus especially in my sweeter bread recipes! Healthy too!
on June 21, 2013
Love it! The product was easy to mix and I love the vanilla flavor.

I drink it following my workout at the gym for muscle recovery as it is a
good source of protein.
on October 25, 2013
I really like this protein I try other proteins and they give me strong pain, and stomach issues but not this one it's been great for me. It helps me after my workout and I really give it 5 stars :)
on June 20, 2014
I absolutely love Pure Protein Whey. The taste is amazing. I have ordered others before but keep coming back to this. The price is very reasonable and fits in my budget. Great as a pre and post workout shake. I like to blend the vanilla with raspberries ice cubes and water for a delicious vanilla raspberry shake that is low in calories and very filling. I will continue to order Pure Protein.
on November 15, 2015
FINALLY I have found an absolutely delicious healthy protein powder. I have lost count on the number of protein powder containers that I have tossed over the years, and gave up trying them about five years ago. With a renewed "get healthy" plan (again), I decided to check out Amazon. I bought both the 100% Whey Vanilla Creme and the Rich Chocolate, but I am so thrilled with the Vanilla that I haven't even open the Chocolate.

I am not a body-builder, but I have learned that I absolutely need protein to accomplish any weight loss. I cannot tolerate huge hunger pangs, and small amounts of protein through the day alleviate that. Ideally, that need would be met with egg/egg whites or leftover lean poultry, but I am also super busy. A couple of scoops of Pure Protein, some fruit (ripe apples are my fav right now), a cup of Greek Yogurt, ice cubes, and water goes into my BlendTec every morning and I am good to go until dinner.

Honestly, this Vanilla Creme powder is so delicious, and I am almost afraid to even open the Chocolate (haha). Thanks for all the great reviews from previous posters and I am so happy to have finally found a healthy protein powder that also tastes wonderful.