5.0 out of 5 stars 4th Album and It Just Gets Better and Better!!!
Published on August 18, 2004 by L. Pacheco

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their best album...
I really appreciate the music ministry of Watermark, especially after they led worship at our former church in Houston several years ago. That was a tremendous worship experience in so many ways, in large part because the Knockels' heart was so evidently pointed to God.

Published on June 12, 2006 by Chad Oberholtzer

5.0 out of 5 stars 4th Album and It Just Gets Better and Better!!!, August 18, 2004
L. Pacheco "BHOC" (Aurora, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Purest Place (Audio CD)
While many artists start off with a debut album of hit singles and memorable tunes, they often fade into the woodwork as record labels fold and hit songs dwindle into the same menagerie of soon-to-be-forgotten one-hit wonders. But, Watermark is a unique duo as husband and wife, Christy and Nathan Nockels, continue to blow us away with not only incredible orchestration and mixing, but also their incredible writing talent.

This album is very unique in the fact that all the songs focus on Jesus and simply worship, and features a string of favorites including "My Covering, Knees to the Earth, The Glory of Your Name, Hidden in You, and Soli Deo Gloria," and many more. I can't put this album away!

After I have listened to most albums about two or three times in a row, I usually replace them with something else, but I can't take this album out of my player, except long enough to move it from the house to the car. It is truly one of the best Christian albums out there, and offers a variety of tunes for anyone's taste. I have seen Watermark in concert, and they truly have a pure heart for ministry and worship, and that truly comes from "the Purest Place." This is a must-have for anyone in need of good music to worship God.

5.0 out of 5 stars This group gets better and better!, August 16, 2004
This review is from: Purest Place (Audio CD)
The really great thing about Watermark is their ability to try new things. Their production gets better with every CD. Soli Deo Gloria is by far one of the best combinations of classical with Cont. Christian Music. (and I thought only Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocceli could do that!). BRAVO!

Knees to the Earth, The Glory of Your Name, Hidden in You, and Invade are the stand-out tracks to me. Their catchy melodies, creative engineering, and Christy's emotional and articulate vocals make this album rise above most of the other worship CD's out there today. I'd like to add that it is not by any means a guitar picking worship CD but a niche the Nockels have carved out - a combination of verse chorus verse chorus set-ups with the feeling of worship long after the CD has ended.

Can you hear the 'holy roar'?

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Pure, September 12, 2004
amy (tokyo japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Purest Place (Audio CD)
For everyone who is a fan of original worship music, vertical worship music, and beautiful music...you will want this cd.

By far Watermarks best album, yet. Each song speaks a truth about God and invites Him to be the center and purpose for our lives. When you are down, you will be instantly refocused on the meaning of life through this music. It is honest and it is amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, September 22, 2004
This review is from: Purest Place (Audio CD)
This group is amazing. I was turned to them by my girlfriend who wanted me to hush/hush download some of their music. Well I did, fell in love with her voice and have since bought all their albums. They are truly wonderful, musically, and lyrically. Buy this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not their best album..., June 12, 2006
Chad Oberholtzer (State College, PA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Purest Place (Audio CD)

It is also worth noting that I consider "Knees to the Earth" on this album to be one of the most beautiful songs, lyrically and musically, that I have heard in the past several years. I can listen to it over and over again.

However, I would consider the remainder of this album to be somewhat disappointing. It is hard for me to pinpoint significant points to criticize. Having just listened to it again a few days ago, I can hardly remember it. And I suppose that this reality points to my primary critique. With the exception of "Knees to the Earth" and possibly "Holy Roar," it is filled with songs that I found to be rather forgettable.

Nonetheless, I remain appreciative of Nathan and Christy Nockels' heart for ministry and look forward to future releases. They have been richly blessed with wonderful talents that they use so well to glorify the Lord!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD will take you to the Purest as well as other special places, November 6, 2006
This review is from: Purest Place (Audio CD)
I purchased this CD because I had previously purchased Watermark's farewell CD, "A Grateful People." While this CD contains some of the same songs they are done in the studio rather than live, so they have a richer flavor. These tracks would include: "The Glory of Your Name", "The Purest Place", "Captivate Us" and "Knees to the Earth." In addition "You are", "Invade" and "Hidden in You" are also outstanding tracks. But, truly there is not a bad song among the 13 on the CD and Christy Nockels has a fantastic voice and projects a strong Christian message. I highly recommend this CD as well as "A Grateful People."

5.0 out of 5 stars honest humble worship, September 29, 2005
Ladybug (Nampa, Idaho) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Purest Place (Audio CD)
This music is God-centered, grateful worship. It truly leads the listener to worship from the heart in spirit and truth. The musicianship is skilled, but not ostentatious, never detracting from the ultimate goal of recognizing and adoring our wonderful God.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, September 13, 2013
This review is from: Purest Place (Audio CD)
There's nothing that stands out as excellent or terrible.
This is just background music rather than music you put on to inspire or encourage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, March 14, 2013
RocknMike (Van Nuys, CA) - See all my reviews
Great Great Music from people who honestly love God
and express it creatively through music that easily helps me
to worship the Living God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peaceful, Calming, Worshipful, June 20, 2010
This review is from: The Purest Place (MP3 Music)
This music in this album is lovely, peaceful, powerful, soothing, and empowering. Christy possesses amazingly smooth, clear vocals, and uses her talent to beautifully express praise and worship to God. The lyrics are touching, and the music well-expressed and appropriate.

Purest Place
Purest Place by Watermark (Audio CD - 2004)