Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Purina ''Glucotest'' Feline Urinary Glucose Detection System (1 Packet)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 21, 2012
Directions are easy and so are the reading of the results. This is much simpler than ketosis stix because you don't have to be present when the cat uses the litter box and absorption is actually to the result-reader's benefit.
on September 9, 2012
The glucotest really works. I wanted an alternative to sticking my diabetic cat's ears to test his glucose levels. He was getting inconsistent readings at the vet because he was too stressed out there. (I took him off all grain, fed him canned meat catfood, then switched to the raw (frozen) meat diet). To successfully use the purina glucotest confetti, make sure you mix it thoroughly into your cat's litter so it is all submerged. Any pieces floating on top I found did not give an accurate reading.The pieces that were submerged showed consistent readings and were verified by a recent blood test done at the vets when he was calm and not stressed. I checked the pieces by scooping up the clump of pee from litterbox and placing it on a piece of newspaper. That gave me room to pick out submerged confetti pieces with a pair of tweezers. That sounds wierd, but I am so pleased to be able to help my cat get healthy. He is stable now and getting better.
on April 23, 2009
If the result is borderline or higher take your cat to the Veterinary ASAP! to confirm the findings.
A simple change in his/her diet could be all is needed.
on November 25, 2010
My cat turned diabetic in March after being put on steroids for a lung infection. I have been using this Glucotest product from Purina in her kitty litter to monitor the amount of sugar in her urine since that time. The squares started out in the very darkest brown category (high sugar output). After months of monitoring her urine with these squares every time she went, and keeping her vet informed and adjusting the amount of insulin she gets in the a.m. and p.m., it is exciting to see the squares are not changing color anymore and she is going into remission! So, I want to encourage buyers to use this product in conjunction with your vet's professional orders for your cat. I bought this on Amazon, which was a lot cheaper than at the vet's office. It was shipped very quickly and I received it in just two days! Thanks Purina for a valuable product!
on June 13, 2010
I use Feline Pine, so the sprinkles dont stand out very much. Some had darker colors than others. The price was outrageous per test. I found a regular urine strip more dependable.
on December 30, 2013
Excellent product that quickly and clearly works as advertised. Unfortunately Purina appears to have discontinued this great item (I talked to a rep). If you need it and it's still available...buy now, it may not be available later.
on February 5, 2012
OMG...I don't know what I would do without these strips....It's cheaper than going to the vets a few times a week, which I was doing. It's less stressful than pricking the ear vein with a people meter which is NOT calabrated the same for a cat. I monitor the test strips 24 hours a day as I take my cat to work with me...and I get up every 3 hours to check his levels.
I am not changing what works...This is a miracle product. Donna Fenza- Sea Isle City, NJ
on June 8, 2014
I am so upset that they discontinued this product. These were a blessing to me and would tell me when my cat was having problems again. I can't find them anywhere anymore and I am sad. Best product on the market!!!
on September 19, 2012
You need to use a whole packet of the Glucotest at a time, and check the litter 2-3 times per day to assure accuracy. Outside factors may have caused a faulty result from an earlier blood test for our kitten, but the test confetti did NOT turn colors. We are comfortable that our kitten is diabetes free, without subjecting him to more blood tests. Works great!
on July 25, 2010
I bought this because my Vet said my Cat is
pre-diabetic. He's on a low carb cat food
diet, but I wanted to check his glucose
without using an ear prick & monitor. The
paper pieces show the amount of glucose in
his urine, so I was able to determine that
he's still "pre-diabetic" and not in need
of insulin injections just yet. It's a
good product to determine the level of
glucose in your cat, and the higher the
level, the more you will need to visit your
Vet to check for glucose levels and possibly
to begin insulin injections.