Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

• Customer Reviews

on December 8, 2011
Our 16 year old tabby, Boomer, has been fighting kidney failure for the past 6 years. I started adding this to his food after seeing it mentioned on a website dedicated to feline kidney failure. Less than a week later, he was due for a full range blood work up. The vet called me and was completely shocked. All of his numbers were normal or just on the high side of normal and his creatinine level was lower than it's been in years. My vet knew nothing about this product. Clearly, someone's not keeping with their medical literature! I found that I don't even have to put this on his food. I can just pour it into his bowl and he'll go face down until it's gone. For those of you who's cats have kidney/urinary issues, you know getting them eat is a chore. This has helped on more than one front. Boomer's eating more and his numbers are "normal with a lower creatinine level." This product gets two opposable thumbs and one paw up.
2020 comments|177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2009
After antibiotics treatment, our cat developed a chronic diarrhea lasting almost one year. The vet prescribed some anti parasites treatments and the dry food was changed to a low residue diet with no effect. Upon my insistence, a comprehensive stool analysis was performed. Results were negative. A cat internist was consulted and he suggested the use of FortiFlora. The results have been outstanding. After approx 3 weeks stool was solid. FortiFlora was given for 2 additional months. Now our cat is doing very well. Interestingly, he loves the product and licks the remaining FortiFlora dust in his food bowl. I asked the manufacturer (Nestle) for how long FortiFlora could be given to cats. The answer: no limits, basically for the entire life of the cat. Prudently, we stopped giving FortiFlora to our cat after 2 months. I have a theory: The antibiotics wiped out the intestinal flora of our cat and some adverse bacterial strains took over. No balance with beneficial bacteria could be established by giving to our cat dry (sterilized) food. Hence the necessity to introduce in his digestive system beneficial bacteria. I just presented facts and a theory. I did not receive any incentive whatsoever by anybody to promote FortiFlora. I simply wish this information can be of benefit to other beloved cats.
1010 comments|168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2009
My 18 year old cat had colitis, chronic diarrhea, and multiple BM's every day for the last few years and was prescribed this product by his vet. I was skeptical at first, but after changing to a prescription diet food and adding one packet of FortiFlora to his morning meal, his intestinal problems are practically non-existent. He seems to be feeling much better overall, more active, better appetite and playing again. Just like eating yogurt helps with the human digestive tract, this product seems to do the same thing for the feline digestive tract. I highly recommend this product.
99 comments|84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2008
My 20 1/2 year old cat began to have the smell of death. It was not pleasant. My husband said her stomach was rotting. Now I understand why some old people smell bad. OxyFresh helped in the last couple of years with her bad breath, but I had no idea it went deeper than that. The bad bacteria had to be counteracted with good bacteria inside her. My husband bought FortiFlora and within a short time, the bad smell was gone and her health improved tremendously. She is back on track, can jump again, and her coat has returned to being shiny and fluffy. Thanks Purina, you saved Tammy's life and my other two cats don't sputter at her anymore. We're buying the canine version for our 11 year old standard poodle. We both believe pro-biotics are a must from time to time and definitely in old age.
22 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 4, 2010
I am on the second box of FortiFlora by Purina. It seems to be working on my cat's gastrointestinal-problem.I had stopped after the first box of 30, and let a couple weeks pass before I thought he needed more. We're almost finished with the second box, and he really is no longer leaving "drippy poops" around the house. Did I mention that I love my Nikko (an old cat I
took in about a year ago). Did I mentioned he loves me, too? Especially
now that he is feeling better.
11 comment|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2011
My cat, Chase, is such a hit and miss eater - I bought this product because someone told me it tastes so good that it stimulates the appetite. I put it on his kibble and he ate every single bite - something rare. I'm super happy with the results!
on December 7, 2011
Purina FortiFlora is a great supplement to help entice those cats who are not fond of canned food. All but one of my finicky eaters love the supplement and it is helping us to transition over from grain-free dry food to all canned food with no gluten.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I remember taking Twix (my cat) to the vet and thinking the worst. From birth she just never seemed as vibrant as her two siblings. Every time you would try to pick her up or hold her, you would soon get a whiff of really bad gas. Not quite a year old she lay lifeless, sick, and far too skinny. The vet ran many test and I reached my limit around the $400 range. They couldn't tell me what was wrong but upon my mention of lifelong diarrhea, had recommended Forti-Flora ($40 for 30 pkts)

It was less than a week and Twix had come to life. Her gas although not totally absent, had not been that dreadful smell that made you want to drop her and hurl. For the first time in a long time she was finally using the litter box again and she was regular.

A month later, and no Forti Flora she slowly went back to the way she had been. AMAZON to the rescue. I was discouraged however because I didn't plan on the extra expense and chore of administering this probiotic every day. I already went through the trouble of finding the best food for her needs.

I ran across an item on Amazon (Animal Essentials Plant Enzymes & Probiotics) that promised more and the price swayed me to try it. AWEFUL MISTAKE. We let the other animals use it as well, and seemed like they all had bad side effects. Twix especially looking more sick than ever.

I'm going to keep using Forti Flora for as long as I have my baby girl, Twix. I have to feed her seperate from her brother, Neiman. He is crazy about the taste of the product. So is Twix. I'm so glad I found it for so much less than at my vet. But even if I had to make the purchase through my vet, I WOULD! My baby girl is worth it.
33 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2008
Purina Veterinary Diets FortiFlora Feline Nutritional Supplement (30 pouches)

This was recommended to help my cat with chronic diarrhea, and within a couple days there was improvement. Of course, the right food is also important, but this product helped right away, and continued to normalize.
on January 24, 2011
When the Vet has ruled out worms or actual medical conditions, this stuff is the next step. It works. Don't assume a diagnosis, but if the Vet has given the cat a clean bill of health and the box is still full of evidence something is wrong, this might well cure it. We've had good results. Also indicated if a long course of strong antibiotics has killed off the "good bugs" in the gut.