5.0 out of 5 stars Wow... great product for the price
I just purchased this item at Cosco at $19.99 and laminated several pictures. There were no bubbles.

I found this tip on the Purple Cow website:
Published on September 25, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Purple Cow Laminator
The biggest dislike I have with this laminator is its lack of business card size laminating sheets and its inability to accept any sheets other than its own.
Published on November 10, 2010 by J. Strowder

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow... great product for the price, September 25, 2010
This review is from: Purple Cows Hot and Cold Laminator, Includes 100 3 mil Hot Pockets, Assorted Sizes (3015c) (Office Product)

I found this tip on the Purple Cow website:
When laminating items that do not fill the pocket, especially the leading edge, place the pocket on top of a plain sheet of paper or lightweight cardstock (the same size or larger than the pocket) when you send it through the laminator.

This paper will act as a carrier sheet and keep the hot pocket from curling or getting caught in the unit

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good quality of laminating pictures, September 19, 2010
I read one review from here who got bad experience. I decided to give it a try since Costco has only $19.99 while other brands and even its own Purple Cow web cost over $40 bucks per one. I'm strictly on my budget, so I purchased one from Costco.
I tried it for the first time and crossing my fingers that it would work. It works great. I got 20 pictures laminated of my children. Yes, beautiful pictures without bubbles...all perfectly laminated.
One most important thing about this laminator, you need to be patience because it's not some fancy product that cost over $100 bucks. That would give you same result! (ouch)

First: You must plug in and wait at least 3 minutes to warm up.
Second: You must choose correct pouch size and nicely place in your picture.
Third: Make sure sure it's warm, otherwise, they won't stick together or create bubbles. Then you would have to feed second or third times.
Fourth: Carefully place the pouch and feed it through just similar to shredding machine, but instead you do not force the machine like most men do. Let it slowly does it works. Within a few second, voila...it's done.

You will be amazed and have fun with the machine.

Besides, it came with a bonus 100 pockets...which would cost between $14 and $20 dollars. It is a cost saving package. I would purchase several more for myself and prepare for Christmas gifts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Purple Cow Laminator, November 10, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for the cost, September 15, 2010
We bought one of these for the office and I just used it to laminate 10 items. Worked perfect right from the first try. Easy to use, speed very workable considering the price. Just what we needed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Never used a laminator before and boy, was this one easy!, January 14, 2011
Jaret (Long Island, New York) - See all my reviews
About 3-4 times a year I was bringing assorted paperwork to the local stationary store for lamination when I finally decided to purchase one of my own. I'd seen many models that were well over $50 and wasn't sure if I could justify the cost... Until I saw this one! The reviews were good and the price was right. Purchased at Costco for only $18.99 this laminator worked perfectly, quickly and easily. Plus, 100 sheets of laminating paper is already included! Great product, compact design, inexpensive and quick to use! I'll never take the trip to my local stationary store again just to overpay then wait for hours for the finished product. Thank you Purple Cows for making such a great, cost-effective machine!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, April 16, 2011
I purchased this because of the price. It worked well for a little while then it started wrinkling my pages. It actually ate one of my documents. After it ate the document, it started making a ticking sound. I tried to open it up but that did not help. Also, it did not come with much of a manual so I didn't know how to troubleshoot. I'm buying another machine but it will be a different brand. I'm afraid to try another Purple Cow.

5.0 out of 5 stars hot and cold laminator, January 11, 2011
I love this product. I use it for everything and I would recommend it to everyone! It takes just a few minutes longer to warm up when using the heated side, but all in all a great product! I also liked the fact that it came with everything you needed to use it on the spot. Oh and it says only to use their kind of laminating paper (purple cow) but we use all kinds as long as you get the right size that fits in your laminator machine! very happy with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, December 22, 2010
I love this machine. For the price you won't beat it! It does what any expensive one would do which is to laminate. Be careful to put page in straight. Love it!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ate my items..., September 29, 2010
I, too, purchased this item at Costco. I was thrilled with the price and it worked great for the first few items that I laminated. No bubbles at all.
However, the last time I used it the items I was laminating ended up inside the unit. The laminating pouch never game out the other side and ended up wound up around the drum inside. I wish I would have seen the tip that the other person listed on here... use a light weight piece of cardstock when you are feeding items through.
Had I known this little tib bit of info, I would have given this item more stars. I returned it to Costco and got my money back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, December 1, 2010
I have laminated several things with this machine and it works great. It's very small and easy to use. It's an amazing deal!