5.0 out of 5 stars Purple Cows Has Great Customer Service
Published on April 23, 2012 by One Reviewer

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked For A Short Time
Purchased this, as I was attracted to the great price. Never tried the cold lamination, so I'm not commenting on that feature.

It handled nicely at first--single sheets of non-card stock weight paper worked best.

Card stock lamination was good for the most part.

Published 16 months ago by I Solemnly Swear...

5.0 out of 5 stars Purple Cows Has Great Customer Service, April 23, 2012
This review is from: Purple Cows Hot and Cold Laminator, Includes 100 3 mil Hot Pockets, Assorted Sizes (3016c) (Office Product)
I bought this exact model elsewhere to replace my tired, bulky and slow but still functioning laminator. I ran through a document which was on piece of printing paper, and it jammed. I unplugged it, and tried to forcibly remove it. I could not. Had I read the instructions prior to using it, I would have ran through a piece of cardstock beneath my pouched paper and prevented this issue to begin with. I had called the company (after 8pm) that Sunday evening, and left a message, as well as emailed them. The next morning, I received not only an email but also a phone call from Purple Cows. I told them what I had done, explaining exactly what had happened- (my own fault). To my suprise, the representative asked me for my address and told me that they would be shipping me out a brand new one at no cost to me. Remember, this was my own fault, the jamming--I had failed to read the instructions prior to using it. Sure enough, later that week my new Purple Cows laminator arrived. Now, when a company goes that far to make sure that I am pleased with their product, even if I was the one that made a mistake, that is a company that has my business, loyalty and recommendations. I would not hesitate to buy any Purple Cows product again, knowing that they offer excellence in customer service and satisfaction.
This little laminator takes up very little room, is kind of sleek and works wonderfully. Just remember to run through a piece of cardstock beneath flimsy or thin projects, and make sure you are guiding it through straight. I love my Purple Cows laminator and knowing it's made by a company that stands behind their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little laminator, October 7, 2011
SpeedRacer (Austin, Texas) - See all my reviews
I use this thing weekly to laminate stuff. Thing works awesome! I was able to buy this exact deal at C o s t c o for under $20 bucks, so you might want to shop around a bit. Zero complaints.

4.0 out of 5 stars works well with 3 mil, August 29, 2011
3 mil sheets went through and sealed up well the first time (3+ minutes of heat up time). 5 mil had to go through twice even after 5+ min heat up time. Once through twice it was well sealed.

Works well with off brand pockets as well as name brand. Mine does make a strange squeaking noise occasionally as it runs the product through, but it does not seem to affect the way that it functions.

This laminator does not get as hot on the outside as some I have handled, which I found a bonus. It also feeds in nicely so you are able to keep your hands free once it is started.

All in all, a good deal for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purple Cows Hot & Cold Laminator, June 16, 2012
I've wanted a laminator for several years but never thought I could afford to buy the pouches even if the laminator itself was on sale. However, this machine eliminates that problem. I have only used it to seal our Medicare cards (they get ratty looking real fast) but I sincerely love it. I'm glad I waited for Purple Cows. The machine is simple, easy to use, fast, what more can I say? I had never used any laminator before but got right into this with no problem. Told my brother about the great price, etc., and he ordered one too, the same day. VERY SATISFIED!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Laminator for the Price, November 4, 2011
I ordered this to use with a lot of home school papers that I wanted to laminate so they can be used over and over again. I love that it came with so many pouches so that I could get right to laminating. I have probably done 30+ pages so far and I think it works great. I have only had one wrinkled paper so far. It is so quiet and heats up in less than 5 minutes. If you have thin paper you are laminating, you can send it through with a carrier piece of cardstock and it will help prevent wrinkles. This really is a great deal. I will soon be ordering some off-brand laminating pouches and try those out. The description on this says that you can use non-purple cow laminating pouches.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to laminate everything!, November 2, 2011
Great, portable, simple laminator that I bought at a discount store for $15. Came with an assortment of pouches which is a bonus for the price of the whole thing. Heats up in 4-5 minutes. One pass is sufficient for the 3mil but I like to do a once over just for good measures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hassle free packaging, great product, December 2, 2012
I've had to deal with a laminator or two and know they can be a pain in the ass. This model not only was REALLY affordable, but also came with some sheets! How convenient! It heats up very fast which is nice! The model is very simple in and out, with instructions and rail guards to help guide the sheet. What I love too is you can three hole punch these sheets and run them through no problem. Cleaning instructions are included in the guide. It's also very small btw! HUGE plus that it's not taking up a lot of space!

ONE DOWNSIDE! It runs sheets through pretty slow. If you have a LOT of work, it may take some time. For the casual user this is perfect. For anyone laminating several sheets like I use to at my old job, this would NOT be for you. However, for as affordable as this is... you can't beat it. I'm loving this decision so much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for quick crafts and school work., December 27, 2011
My kids got this for me for Christmas, probably so that I would actually complete some of my projects we started for school. I have always been a holdout to take things to a local book store becuase lamination there is only 25 cents a foot. I'm a holdout no more. there is no nasty hot smell to the machine, and my layered projects worked well. Like other reviewers, we got ours at c o s t c o so I could take it back easily if I dind't like how it worked out. No worries there, this is going to be a regularly used item now.

I kept one star back because it does seem to take multiple passes to take care of air bubbles with layered projects. It isn't any worse than other machines, and seems better than many, but I still would love to see the manufacturer be able to remedy the lift that happens around paper cutouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE, November 28, 2012
Love this product I have attempted to laminate anything possible! Would definitely buy this product again, very simple to use and it included many many laminating pockets.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked For A Short Time, August 25, 2013

Card stock lamination was good for the most part.

Where this machine disappointed was with anything thicker than that, like card stock w/photo & mats.

I originally wanted this for preserving very simple scrapbook layouts (photo & mats, no other embellishments), kids' school artwork, and general paper crafting. This laminator is not well-suited for that use.

After going through 1/3 of the hot pockets it came with, the machine stopped laminating anything thicker than the lightest weight card stock. I would run through my project several times & I think it just either wasn't heating well or not pressing the item hard enough.

A shame because it stores extremely well--a low enough profile to fit in my 12x12 Sterillite scrapbook paper storage drawers.

The most memorable project w/this machine were the bingo cards i handmade for a baby shower game. I spent so much time punching out the different baby-themed shapes to be the 'numbers' & wanted to nicely seal the game card with lamination & this machine ruined them.

Only the hot pocket edges sealed & the entire game card surface was all bubbled. I nearly went ape shit. I had to suffer the embarrassment of using the now-fugly cards because there was no way in hell I was doing it again, not to mention no time either.

Anyway, I'm now looking for a new machine. BTW, I also bought a Purple Cow combo guillotine-style/slide cutting blade paper cutter that's crap too--not perfectly square & blade dulled very soon.