Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 12, 2015
Bought these in November to grow for a customer who imparticular wanted PURPLE carrots. I'm a grower, I can grow food,!!! As you can see, my garden thrives!...and I thrive and love finding new seeds to share... I fertilize with fish guts and manure and I ALWAYS get 98-100% germination! but not these seeds... huh! Not only was I disappointed that less than half the seeds produced.., but THEY ARE NOT PURPLE AT ALL! In fact the box with just a few items to the right... those are these carrots. 100s of seeds, 20 carrots max. The stems are not purple and the carrots are orange. I took a picture of them still growing. Clearly these seeds are a FRAUD and now I wonder if they are even organic. Four months of water and time to get ORANGE lame carrots that I can buy at Home Depot. I wont be buying another thing from this grower, and this is a BUYER BEWARE post... so you don't waste your water and time!
review image review image review image review image
on May 26, 2015
These seeds were shipped from China in violation of regulation 7 CFR 319.37. They were destroyed by USDA at entry into US. Be sure you know where your seeds are sourcing from. These seeds are identified as prohibited and require a Phyto-sanitary certificate.
on September 7, 2014
I was really happy to receive my carrot seeds, but I was disappointed that it arrived in generic packaging that does not have information about the product whatsoever. They did include a tiny package of free safflower seeds, which I thought was pretty awesome but I think they should include real packaging so that customers know exactly what they are getting.
on May 2, 2014
I'm going to try again next year. Last two years I thought they were duds. Couldn't find any. So this year I was "weeding" and found this "weed" that I had missed because it was hidden under some other plants. But when I pulled it, it turns out to be a purple carrot! The problem is the foliage does not look anything like what other carrots look like. So the last 2 years I'd been "weeding them."

So next year I will plant them, make sure I mark were they are and then give them a chance. Really looking forward to seeing them grow!
on July 3, 2014
I definitely didn't get 200 carrots from the 200 seeds, maybe 100, but that's to be expected. They still grew and they were tasty too! Also friends were like "purple carrots?!?!" yes. ... indeed. :)
on June 8, 2015
I have only two plants growing out of a trying to start about 12 starter plugs. I suggest if you're going to plant this, try to use a lot of the seeds because of the low germination rate. I did not use all of my seeds, only about 5 seeds per starter plug. The plants also did not seem that healthy, but only time will tell on that. I just transferred them from the starter plug to a planter about 2 days ago. I left them on the germinator longer than normal, about 2 weeks. Their root system also was not very well developed when I transferred, unlike the other plants I've purchased from Amazon which tend to have strong roots (cabbage, melon, etc.).
on May 25, 2015
I received an envelope with a statement saying that these seeds were confiscated and destroyed by the US agriculture inspection.
on June 15, 2015
Seeds came in small aluminum packet with NO instructions in a packet from China. Planted seeds, not one plant sprouted. Seeds were NO GOOD. Supposed to be 350 seeds in the packet, but instead of all seeds looked as if everything from dust, to particles of plants, were swept into the packet so the packet looked full of seeds but really had a lot of trash in it.
on October 6, 2015
came packaged ok. About a fourth of the seeds where broken. although it did come with many extras so it's about the right amount. I tested a few seeds about two pinches. I only got 3 seedlings so not the best seeds around but as long as a few come up and go to seed I will have more seeds.
on June 22, 2014
these are growing great, though the tops aren't that color they are green and the carrot looks to be a cross between purple and orange, but happy they came up and are going to make it to the dinner table.

See 1 answered question