Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

50%
50%

on May 7, 2011
I enjoy cultural complexities, and here is one on point for this (in)famous song. The Catholic pop music critic Mark ("Marky') White has opined that this reaches up there with the greatest human spiritual achievements in culture apparently:

"Wait a Minute. Prince.
May 6, 2011 by frmarkdwhite
In an idle moment, I busted out a few tracks from the first Batman movie soundtrack, just to re-live the time. Listening took me back to those heady days of cassette tapes, and a crystalline realization left me humbled like a man in front of Niagara Falls:

Let's reflect for a moment--

Between 1982 and 1987, Prince came out with 1999, Purple Rain, Around the World in a Day, Parade, and Sign o' the Times.

Pause. Taking it in...

Do you realize how many songs are included here that are necessary elements of the cosmos?

By my count, at least twelve.

This is the most amazing thing that has ever been done.

If the man had only produced Purple Rain, that would be the most amazing thing that has ever been done.

...Can we really doubt, you know, the Almighty Hand?

Since the author is a great fan of Thomists like Ralph McInerny, let us note that this must be another Summum Bonum.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2016
Prince my favorite Musician. A musical genius.