Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Push Has Come to Shove: Getting Our Kids the Education They Deserve--Even If It Means Picking a Fight
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 11, 2013
If you are a teacher or in education of any sort this book is a must read. Dr. Perry shows his love for students in every chapter. It has totally changed my mind about why Johnny can't read. Maybe the problem IS the teacher, not the student. Interesting spin on sending ALL children to college and how to do it.
on February 17, 2014
I recommend this book to anyone who love's children, and to anyone who works with children.

I recommend this book to anyone who works in education period
on February 6, 2014
This book breaks it down! After reading this if you really love your kids and you don't follow up with the call to action (if your child's school situation isn't good) then you have to question yourself...IMO.
on February 8, 2016
This book did not share anything new. I thought it was going to be about how he created the school and positive school culture
on December 28, 2015
This book should be read and utilized by parents who advocates authentication in their children's education.
on September 16, 2014
It's gonna take someone such as Steve who is dedicated to helping our BLACK kids be the best they can be. Our kids, ALL kids deserves to be treated with respect and to be expected to be GREAT. My hats off to U brother.....
on November 6, 2012
As an educator, I found the information in this book relevant to where our public schools stand and the reforms that are needed. Dr. Perry delivers a powerful message in this book. A must read for educational reformers.
on October 28, 2011
I found the book interesting and I will share with my colleagues in the school district. It provides insight into working with youth and the administrative and challenges that are prevalent in today's society. I believe those that are passionate about student success should continue to fight onward to help our students.
on May 8, 2012
I have given this book 3 stars because it does have some excellent ideas for parents to help in their children's education. However, that is only one small part (basically one chapter) of this book. This book is full of stereotypes, teacher-bashing, and the blame game. (And no, I am not a teacher, but the parent of tweens). What better way to take zero responsbility for your child's education than to blame someone else - what a novel idea. Blame the teacher, blame the "system", blame other families. If you do not like the "system", then trying homeschooling. (And yes, full-time working parents can also homeschool). But wait, that wouldn't work, because then you would have no one else to blame but yourself for your child's failure to learn.
on May 6, 2013
After hearing Dr. Perry speak in New Haven, CT I purchased the book. What a fantastic read that was engaging, honest and very poignant . Well worth the time!