5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy Push Up Pops
Published on March 5, 2012 by Flower

3.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas but no better than pinterest
I bought this book because I thought there would be a lot different of ideas to match cake pops to theme decor of parties. While the book touches on some cool visuals this is more of a disappointing recipe book. Most of the recipes call for store bought cake mix and are no more creative than the ideas on the back of the cake mix box. I could have looked up more ideas...
Published 4 months ago by Michele D. Brandimarte

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy Push Up Pops, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Push-up Pops (Hardcover)
This book is amazing! Courtney has outdone herself. She gives great tutorials for creating push up pops and gives accurate measurements. Her recipes are not limited. She offers recipes and tutorials for cake, cookies, pies and frozen treats like the Strawberry Lemonade, and the Frozen Margarita. I have made several of the recipes and they were delicious. The Key Lime Pops had the perfect amount of lime. The Snickers Caramel Pie Pop is to die for...an occasional treat though :)Other than this book, you will need to purchase the containers. I purchased mine from Pastrychef.com but as of right now they are out of stock. The pops you will make are fun, yummy, and easy to make. They are also guaranteed to impress everyone from the young kids, to the adults who fondly remember eating ice cream out of push up pops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely gorgeous book!, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Push-up Pops (Hardcover)
Push-Up Pops is a must have book! The photography is gorgeous and the how-to instructions in the book are incredibly easy to follow! This book is a wonderful source of inspiration and I highly recommend it to everyone! I was lucky enough to meet this inspiring author last week and I highly recommend stopping by one of her book signings, that you can find on her website [...]

Trish
Perfectly Posh Sweets & Soirees

5.0 out of 5 stars So creative, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Push Up Pops (Kindle Edition)
This book is full of creative ideas which inspire some of my own creative ideas to come out. I am eager to make some of these. I am trying to find a place to purchase the push up holders where I don't need to purchase such a large quantity.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!!, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Push-up Pops (Hardcover)
Very handy book to have for dessert in a pinch!!!! Thanks...Is it a great book for my library and will be well used

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN!, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Push-up Pops (Hardcover)
Love the book although haven't had time to make anything yet, glad winter is here and will have more time to bake and try some of the GREAT recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, November 13, 2012
Kelly (none of your business) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Push-up Pops (Hardcover)
Love this book!!! Great selection of recipes to choose from. Easy to read and follow recipes and instructions. My favorite is the Limoncello....to die for!!!! I made 5 different recipes out of this book for a fundraiser a while ago and they were all a big hit!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN Ideas, November 12, 2012
This review is from: Push-up Pops (Hardcover)
Push Up Pops are a relatively new entertainment idea. The cookbook gives so many creative and new ways to use them over and over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh What Fun!, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Push Up Pops (Kindle Edition)
First let me admit I've never heard of push pops, but I do love dessert cookbooks, so I thought I'd give this a try, and I'm thrilled I did.

The pictures are gorgeous and ideas so inspiring. The recipes seem quite simple, many consisting of base cakes which start with a cake mix to which you add ingredients such as instant pudding mix or sour cream and bake. Then it provides a complimentary filling, such as a buttercream, and then explains how to assemble with suggested decorative embellishments. I doubt I'll actually be making any push pops but I love making trifles for office parties and this dessert would easily translate to a party size trifle rather than individual push pops, or to parfait or wine glasses for indivdual desserts. Also, they could just as easily be layered in clear pastic cups and served with a spoon for kid's parties. So what I'm trying to say, if like me, you've never heard of push pops, don't pass up this book, because if you enjoy a layered dessert , and who doesnt, you'll love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every single recipe!, April 15, 2012
This review is from: Push-up Pops (Hardcover)
I have definitely noticed the Push-Up Pop craze and have enjoyed seeing all of the different ways they could be used; I've even devoted one of my Pinterest boards to this delightful treat. I was excited to have the opportunity to review Courtney Dial Whitmore's book, Push-up Pops. Courtney runs the website, Pizzazzerie, which is chock full of all kinds of wonderful ideas for parties, and she is certainly well qualified to write the book on this party favorite.

The new Push-up Pops are based on the frozen treat popular for decades with kids. I loved how they looked, but I assumed they would be tricky to make. Actually, they are very easy to make and really don't take any expertise at all. You even use the push up container as a cookie cutter to cut out the pieces of cake and a plastic bag can be used in place of a pastry bag. The book is separated into four categories of Push-up Pops, including Cake (layers of cake and frosting) Pie (mostly layers of cookies and pie filling), Frozen, and Cookies and Candy varieties. Each recipe has the instructions on one page and a full page photo on the other, which really spotlights every scrumptious creation.

She also has ideas for themed parties and how to decorate the push up containers for different events. The stunning watermelon Push-up Pops are just three layers of ice cream/sorbet/sherbet with some mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top, but would be the hit of any summer get-together. I think that children would just love the Campfire S'mores Push-up Pops, with layers of graham cracker crumbs, marshmallow fluff and chocolate frosting -- yum! I adored every single recipe and one of my very favorites was the Wedding Cake Push-up Pops, so gorgeous!! They used a white almond flavored cake and frosting and suggest decorating them with a sticker of the couple's monogram. Those would be so fun and perfect for a wedding reception, shower, or rehearsal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Push-up Pops, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Push-up Pops (Hardcover)
The photos a nice, but I wish there were more recipes from scratch. Many of the recipes are from cake mix.

Push-up Pops
Push-up Pops by Courtney Dial Whitmore (Hardcover - March 1, 2012)
$19.99 $13.79