4.0 out of 5 stars strangely....
Published on April 30, 2005 by Kenneth Prahara

3.0 out of 5 stars Ismail rejoinder
Half the acts you listed as being British are IRISH. Get an atlas, punk
Published on July 17, 2006 by Andy Mac Laughlin

4.0 out of 5 stars strangely...., April 30, 2005
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
I initially thought this album was horrendous. But I did not give up, I tried listening to it all over several times. and apparently, I cant stop listening to this CD over and over. I have to agree, the melodies are less catchy than any previous album, but there is just something special about. Usually, for a CD, 4 days is enough already on my discman. BUt I havent replaced this CD for 3.5 weeks!

1. FEELING A MOMENT: my only critic on this song is actually to change the drum beat. it sounds really similar to 'Just the way I'm feeling' which is also a first-track song. BUt the song itself, 9/10

2. BITTER GLASS: I like this one too but I'm afraid other people think they're copying Coldplay's "Clock". Nonetheless, I like the bridge part of this song 8.5/10

3. TUMBLE AND FALL: I'm shocked this is the first single. I'm not saying it's bad, but it doesnt give people a fire to buy this album. 7/10

4. TENDER: I really like the lyrics, the music is alright 7.5/10

5. PUSING THE SENSES: this is my no.1 fave on this album. although it's not even close to the old Feeder's distortion, but it's really great, should have been the first single. 10/10

6. FREQUENCY: only good lyrically. 5.5/10

7. MORNING LIFE: absolutely LOVE IT! I like the intro, i always love riff guitar intro. 9.5/10

8. PILGRIM SOUL: the lyric is a little plain, but the electric guitar on the bridge is the highlight of this song. 8/10

9. PAIN ON PAIN: kinda like the orchestra, but nothing that exciting though. it's just a good song. 7/10

10. DOVE GREY SANDS: My god, this song is really beautiful. I'm never a big fan of melancholic songs, but this one has something that just attracts everything out of me. 11/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of 2005!, and the best since YWTS!., February 27, 2005
M. Bowen (Hastings, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
I've been a Feeder fan since 1999 now, and they've always produced quality music setting the charts alight and putting their much needed music in there during regular intervals in every year they're releasing music, and never disapoint.

Here they continue to impress me and the fanbase with this their 6th album (if you count "Swim" as an LP due to it's extended reissue version), don't read the negative reviews, look at the positive ones, Q magazine compared Grant Nicholas's songwriting to The Beatles, and also musically to U2, how many bands get that sort of praise these days?.

As for the nagative reviews, I just don't get it- everyone I know who's heard this say it's better than the amazing "Comfort In Sound" which the critics loved...............

That don't matter- the only thing that matters is if the fans love it, and charts high and sells well in the process, and so far everything's going according to plan- it entered at #2 in the UK, and has so far gone gold (100.000) with so far 4 chart weeks in the top 75.

I can see why- the moment you play this album opening track "Feeling a Moment" blasts out at you with an amazing intro, that rocks the speakers and sends vibrations of good feelings to the listener!!!, the rest of the song lives right up to that with it's uplifting verses and meaningful emotional lyrics.

I seen and heard the guys play this one at the Islington Academy private gig for XFM on the week of album release, and it became my fave live track since then!!!.

There are many gems on this album, with the emotional and spine-tingling piano on "Tender", the brilliant punchy drums on "Bitterglass" and trashy guitars near the end amongst many others.

The single "Tumble and Fall", always fills me up with emotion and uplifting feelings with it's distinctive lyrics and is all in all a neat start to the albums singles. There are people who say it shouldn't have been one, but I think it's a great start to the album.

The title track is the first heavy number, and it's so hard to get right on my guitar!, hehe!!!. The thrashing bass, Mark rocking "like a mother" and Grant singing his heart out over an infectious heavy track must make this a single, when I heard this it became my fave track on the album.

"Frequency" starts off with the poignant line "Tune in frequency, I hear your voice", shortly before going into a line of "You've gotta know, I think about you every day" after going into a line of "you're above silver clouds, sending love back down".

These lines and the song itself are a heartfelt tribute to Jon, and really hit you every listen, not just the first making it the albums "Quickfade". The piano works so well on here along with the drums of Mark and Taka's bass playing along brilliantly with each other.

"Morning Life" starts off with a catchy and uplifting guitar solo and chorus to match, it would be great to see this as a single making it even harder to pick 4 tracks on here to be singles. It's prolly my fave track on here.

"Pilgrim Soul" is Mark's fave track cos it makes him "rock like a mother" and I can see why!!! :D, it starts off with Grant singing on his own before it goes into thrashing guitars, bass and drums with Grant shouting his head off yelling to the listener before going back to quiet again and then back to the heaviness soon later, and then back and forth to effective and devastating effect.

At one point, Mark begins to drum like he does on "Come Back Around" when the second verse comes in, adding another important element to the track, alongside Taka's neat bass lines.

The last two tracks "Pain on Pain" and "Dove Grey Sands" are growers, both in the same sort of way, they are both mellow tracks based mainly around a piano and acoustic guitar. They are both great closers to the album and really do make an effect and lasting mark on the album. "Dove Grey Sands" could be the new "20th Century Trip" due to the unusualness it bears to the rest of the tracks on the album, as well as ending it on the same sort of style.

All in all, a totally breathtaking album, and one that's been so underrated by the critics and should have been the number one album, even still- number two was amazing and unexpected. This is one of those you'll never take out the CD player, and should be one of the years best sellers!!!!! :D.

5.0 out of 5 stars KILLER Songwriting!, March 21, 2005
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
This has got to be one of my favorite new albums out right now. I bought this a few weeks ago in NYC mostly based on the reviews comparing Feeder to Coldplay. The comparison isin't entirely accurate. But right now it seems everyone coming out who's British is being compared to Coldplay.

Feeder still sounds like Feeder but they've expanded their music as well as their lyrics. One of the best tracks is track #3. It has Dougie Payne and Fran Healy of Travis doing background vocals. It's simply awesome. If you want a great record to hold you over until the new Coldplay and Travis, then get this. But please, everybody stop comparing everyone to Coldplay! Give these guys their own credit.

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful album, March 10, 2005
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
Feeder have released their most beautiful album to date with Pushing The Senses. Its by far their most mellow album, and almost a progression from Comfort In Sound.

That isn't to say, its Comfort In Sound part 2. I doubt Feeder will ever top that album, but what they have here is an album loaded with strings, trademark vocals and a very etheral feel to it.

The album starts off with the sweeping "Feeling A Moment" and immediately you get a good feeling about the album. "Stumble And Fall" and "Tender" are really nice sounding, beautiful ballads. My favorite track on the album is definitly the title track. Its really the only heavy rockish song on the CD, fortuantly its a great one. Actually the only reason I give this album 4 stars instead of 5 is because I was slightly disapointed by the lack of heavier tracks. Its pretty much an album full of ballads which is by no means a bad thing, but since Feeder is great at doing both, I would have liked a little more variety. I'd have to say "Morning Life" is the best of the ballady songs, it has a gorgeous chorus that can automatically put you in a good mood. "Dove Grey Sands" closes the album and is another one of my favorite tracks.

This is just a masterfully written, very melodic, and mellow album. Great for chilling out to, but not their best release.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pushing My Senses, Indeed!!!, October 17, 2006
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
Well, this is the first album I've heard by Feeder. I heard some of the singles from a friend (Buck Rogers being one song comes to mind) and I didn't really care for them. But I heard Pilgrim Soul on Feeder's Myspace page and immediately decided to take a gamble and buy the album. What I discovered is that this is a gem that is completely overlooked by way too many rock fans. Anyone who appreciates ColdPlay, U2, Dredg, Paloalto/Goldenstate, Longview, etc. will definitely love this album. I've listened to it from start to finish countless times and it still hasn't lost its magestic touch. Trust me. Buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars this isn't their debut? wow.., September 3, 2005
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
this is the first Feeder album i've heard (don't worry i intend on getting their old albums) and i have to say its quite an impressive cd. i've become a fan of the British alternative genre & Feeder further enhance this view, opening track 'Feeling A Moment' caught my attention right away. 'Bitter Glass' is a sad song that captures that essence. 'Tender' is light song that doesn't really go up or down. 'Morning Life' is my favourite with the great accoustics accompany the lyrics. Highly recomended

Notable Tracks:

- Feeling A Moment

- Bitter Glass

- Pushing The Senses

- Morning Life

I can't wait until i get their previous albums!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surrender Your Senses, March 19, 2006
Ismail Elshareef "ielshareef" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
Nothing I say about this record will ever do it justice, and that's saying something cause God knows I always have a thing or two to say about everything. Let's just say that I can't wait to see Feeder live! After listening to this record non-stop for the past 2 months, I am addicted to this band and anything they do.

This is really not a surprise since I am always a huge fan of anything British, especially British music! They produce the best music hands down (come one! Duran Duran, The Killers, Oasis, Coldplay, The Cranberries, K's Choice, Snow Patrol, Keane, Pet Shop Boys, Queen, George Michael, Ronan Keating, Mark Owen, Daniel Bedingfield, Sting, Seal, Aqualung, David Grey, ... I know I am forgetting some!)

The tracks that literally take my breath away every single time I listen to them are Morning Life, Pain on Pain, Tender, Dove Grey Sand, and Frequency. Unbelievable harmonic melodies with great, touching lyrics to boot! No band or artist had quite this effect on me since Tori Amos' Winter back in 1991.

The shock of all of this is that this record isn't released in the US domestically. You have to buy it as IMPORT for triple its price or you can always buy it from Amazon.co.uk.

I don't care how you get it, just get it. You'll love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Feeder: Keeping up the Good Work, July 9, 2013
R. Hynes (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
Feeder's "Pushing the Senses" continues in the direction of 2002s "Comfort in Sound" -- a more mature sound with thoughtful hooks and a more chill vibe. Granted, this album can still rock (ex. Pushing the Senses [title track], Pilgrim Soul, etc.), but it definitely has a more mellow tone compared to their earlier work.

In my opinion, the standouts are: Feeling a Moment, Tender, Pushing the Senses, Morning Life, and Pilgrim Soul.

The truth is that every time I listen to this album, I like it a bit more. It's not Feeder's best work ("Echo Park" is my favorite) -- some might even say that the mainstream success of "Comfort in Sound" pushed Feeder into a more subdued "mainstream" direction, but I don't get that sense. This album feels like a natural development of Feeder's sound and I would highly recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gr8 CD and fast shipping!, July 17, 2008
S. Goble (Palm Harbor, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
Hi, I ordered a CD on this site by Feeder called "Pushing the Senses" it came from the UK from a company called cdzone.co.uk, the shipping time was about a week! The CD is great. After watching re-runs of the OC my favorite song "Frequency" is (i think track 6 and played during the episode when Alex & Marissa break up)and it is such an amazing song. Very happy with order, UK company delivered quickly and emailed through out the whole process. I believe you can't get this CD in the states, I highly recomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the two "must have" Feeder CDs Nice product, Good Service, Thank You, July 25, 2013
This review is from: Pushing the Senses (Audio CD)
Excellent quality used CD. This is a must have for those that like to listen to Feeder. This CD is not available on iTunes, so the value here is excellent.

Pushing the Senses
Pushing the Senses by Feeder (Audio CD - 2005)