5.0 out of 5 stars I like Dick van Dyke!, May 24, 2002
A Superfriend (Houghton, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Put on a Happy Face (Audio CD)
This collection of Dick van Dyke's favorite songs will definately make you "Put on a Happy Face!" The songs on this album include NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT* EASY STREET* PUT ON A HAPPY FACE* WALKING AND WHISTLIN' BLUES* BABY WON'T YOU PLESE COME HOME* ANY PLACE I HANG MY HAT IS HOME* AIN'T WE GOT FUN* THEY ALL LAUGHED* WIVES AND LOVERS* LAZYBONES* MY BABY JUST CARES FOR ME* WHEN YOU WANT 'EM, YOU CAN'T GET 'EM WHEN YOU'VE GOT 'EM, YOU DON'T WANT 'EM* and I'VE GOT A CRUSH ON YOU. The original album came out in 1963 around the same time he was doing the movie version of Bye Bye Birdie. The original title was "Songs I Like by Dick van Dyke." Dick van Dyke is a very talented man and a great singer and that is shown very well in his only full solo album. It's hard to find, but very much worth the search. If you like Dick van Dyke's singing, you should check out the original Broadway cast recording and motion picture soundtrack of Bye Bye Birdie. His other musical credits include the soundtracks to Mary Poppins and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Another intersting musical venture of his was the 45rpm recod he put out in the late 50's. It has two songs on it: THREE WHEELS ON MY WAGON and ONE PART DOG, NINE PARTS CAT. It is more for the sake of comedy than music, but its pretty neat to have. All in all, I love this Cd ("Put on a Happy Face"), and just about everthing else he's done over the years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Songs I Like by Dick Van Dyke, May 15, 2011
Mark Riddle (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Put on a Happy Face (Audio CD)
This is a reissue of the 60's LP "Songs I Like By Dick Van Dyke" originally on Command Records. I was thrilled to find this out on CD. The sound is super clean and appears to be from the master tapes. I own the LP and I love it. Dick Van Dyke is one of my favorite all time performers and this album really makes you feel like you are watching the Dick Van Dyke Show again. The songs are light and fun and the Enoch Light arrangements are perfect for lounging in your Rob & Laura Petrie style living room! The only wish is that they had used the original album cover art. Why did they use a fire escape as the cover for this one?? That aside, this a great feel good album.

Put on a Happy Face
Put on a Happy Face by Dick Van Dyke (Audio CD - 2000)
Rate and Discover Movies