Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Put the Gun Down
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 4, 2012
There are not many singers who can hold their own against Adel but ZZ Ward does a great job with "Put The Gun Down". This upbeat soulful song will have you singing along in no time. Well written, well performed and well produced, hope to hear more from ZZ Ward. Remember every time you download a song you are casting a vote for an artist. So give back to an artist willing to give away their music, download free music from Amazon and help an artist breakout, download, vote, create a buzz.
on April 27, 2013
Great energy, powerful beat, strong vocals, and a fun country/rock vibe that makes it great for listening to around the house. The entire album is actually really strong, and worth buying if you enjoy this song.
VINE VOICEon August 12, 2015
An "in your face" kind of song. ZZ ward has a strong voice with lots of range in this song. This is a must have for me to get through my exercise routine. I like her voice and will no doubt be checking out her other stuff.
on January 9, 2013
First head on Sirius/XM's "The Spectrum" and it didn't immediately grab me. Listened a couple of more times and it really started to grow on me. Sometimes you have to give things a second chance and you might be pleasantly suprised.
on December 5, 2012
Wow! I was blown away by how good this song is! She has the soul and range of Adele. The song is very catchy and I have listened to it on repeat for the last couple days! I hope this isn't a one-hit wonder. The girl can SING!
on December 18, 2012
This goes to show how you don't have to hire a good songwriter or get an expert producer to make something that sounds...well...expensive! I absolutely love this song and the sound and will look into her other work!
on July 20, 2013
Put the Gun Down is great modern blues from ZZ Ward. It has a strong percussion beat and a catchy blues rhythm. It has modern R&B stylings, a subtle use of vocal harmony, and acoustic rhythm piano. The song itself is 5-stars all the way!

The MP3 file is 256 kbps CBR (constant bit rate) encoded with LAME 3.96. I deducted one star for Amazon's constant bit-rate encoding. I really wish Amazon would encode all their songs as VBR (variable bit rate) as the iTunes Store does these days.

If you like this song, I also strongly recommend Til the Casket Drops and Move Like U Stole It from the same album. If you'd like the whole album on compact disc, it's available here.
on January 14, 2013
This woman is amazing. And we love this song. We saw her do a live performance of Put The Gun Down and she definitely has the WOW factor. Great performer with a very recognizable voice that makes you smile and rock to her music. She's only 26 years old, born in Pennsylvania and raised in Oregon. That little trill in her voice and the "soulful blues" quality gets you. Other songs we listened to make her entire album purchase-worthy. Go ZZ!
on July 30, 2013
I started out listening to the song "Last Love Song" and from there, "If I Could Be Her" and now I am hooked on this song. I should have downloaded the entire CD. She has definitely proven herself and I see her quickly becoming a star. She's talented and beautiful. She has a strong voice and great range, much like Adele. Simply amazing!
on December 9, 2012
Phenomenal song and phenomenal new artist...I can't even Ms. Ward or this song too highly. Some serious, serious soul here. There's a line in the song "Adeline have mercy". Ms. Ward needs to have mercy on me as I can't stop listening to this song. You miss out on this, you might as well just hibernate all of 2013. No shade.