Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on September 15, 2011
The puzzles are challenging and fun as in the previous book (100 Puzzle Quizzes). Moreover, this book contains many examples of my favorite types, 3D volume comparison puzzles and the puzzles that require you to fold the given sheet in your mind to make a 3D object.

This book is definitely the best book on my Kindle. I look forward to see more puzzle books from the Grabarchuk Family on my Kindle and other mobile devices.
on February 4, 2012
After getting the sampler for free during Christmas season I decided to look further into this collection. These are great books to keep your mind busy. Some are easier than others but overall very challenging. While these specific books are not active content they work really well. There is no need to be connected to wifi and it does notify you if your selection is wrong or not. Easiest way to select your answer will be to click up in your five way controller and then then left or right until you get to your answer and hit enter. At that moment it tells you if you're right or wrong. To go back to your selections just hit back same if you want to go to the next puzzle from the answer page. If you click next page from the answer page it sometimes takes you straight to the answer of the following puzzle instead of the puzzle itself. This is well worth the price. Highly recommended.
There is a wide variety of puzzles in this book. There are some puzzles of logic, some where you must rotate shapes and some where you must spot subtle differences between in one of four models.

As I was working though these puzzles I realized something very interesting. To solve most puzzles I needed to change my perspective. On some number sequences, I was looking for some pattern in the numbers. But often the solution was not to be found in the way I was looking for it.

One of the most helpful things in life is to realize the benefits to be gained by changing perspectives. Problems of all sorts are often not solvable because we approach them from the wrong perspective and refuse to switch our approach. If you worked on these types of puzzles enough you would form the habit of observing your perspective and looking for different ways to approach the problems. While this will increase the number and ease of solving puzzles, the benefits and approach carry over to more important and difficult life situations.

So these puzzles can be lots of fun. They can also be very challenging. And if you take the time to study the way you approach problems, you will gain even greater skills in solving life's problems.

If you are just looking for something to pass the time, these puzzles offer nice challenge. If you want to improve your problem solving skills, then you will gain a double benefit from working these puzzles.

The brain is just like muscles - the more you exercise it, the stronger it grows. This book offers the chance to improve your brain by giving it a good healthy workout.

If you get stumped, the answers are just a click away. The book is easy to navigate, the puzzles are colorful and at times a bit sneaky - but that is a plus, making you exert a bit more effort.

Enjoy the puzzles and sharpen your problems solving skills at the same time.
"There are times I almost think
I am not sure of what I absolutely know."
(King & I Soundtrack)

This book of puzzles is much the same as its predecessor, except that the puzzles are all new, and ta-dah! - there is an extra puzzle included.

Sorted into phases of difficulty, the one and two star puzzles are fairly easy to get through with a little reasoning and deduction, but it'll take a mind predisposed towards spatial images and manipulating shapes to survive the others. Personally, I prefer the questions with more reasoning and less of a visual challenge - number 92 for example, which involves mentally pouring water into beakers

I went through the puzzles using a Kindle app on an iPad2, which made the going a lot easier than multiple clicks on a Kindle. They look a lot better in color, and moving from puzzle to puzzle is a lot less complicated. One word of warning - if you turn the iPad2 to a horizontal position, the answers will pop right up before you see the question. Keeping it in a vertical position works fine.

I'd still like to see a little more enthusiasm for correct answers, but overall this is a challenging collection of mostly spatial challenges which works well on a color Kindle app.

Amanda Richards, September 11, 2011
VINE VOICEon September 8, 2011
I have been collecting the Grabarchuk puzzle books for a decade now. They avoid overused puzzles. Their books are highly regarded by puzzle collectors, here's the list: The Big, Big, Big Book of Brainteasers,The Simple Book of Not-So-Simple Puzzles,The New Puzzle Classics,Modern Classic Puzzles. Will Shortz has mentioned and borrowed from these books several times for his NPR puzzle challenges.

They also make the interactive Kindle game Strimko.

The first Kindle book, Puzzlebook: 100 Puzzle Quizzes, is their first Kindle book, and is excellent. This is their second book, and it has many nice puzzles in it. I'd say it's easier then the first book.

Highly recommended.
on September 12, 2011
This is the 2nd Grabarchuk puzzle book I've purchased for the Kindle. So far, I've worked through about 1/2 the ebook, and the quality of the puzzles are excellent.
Some require laser-sharp logic, while others will surprise you with the amount of creativity/lateral thinking needed.

While the Kindle version is very engaging, would love to try this in color.

I'm hoping to sit down with my sons to work through some of these-great from an educational perspective!
on May 18, 2012
Challenging, fun, and keeps my brain going it's the best thing that keeps my family scratching their heads and rolling their eyes at such annoying questions from my cousin's and brother's. Really puts me at the edge of my seat sometimes it makes me thinking harder than ever I enjoy the puzzles...they're creative and VERY fun keep 'em going and please don't stop these puzzles keep my brain starving with hunger to just nibble down on a problem that my brain cells keep dreaming for...(that is if they dream, which they don't 'cuase that would be very creepy) anyways thanks for those puzzles they really keep me thinking!
descedant of Apollo, Roman fan of Rick Riordan!
on July 24, 2012
Great puzzlebook! I got this puzzlebook for free while it was on sale. I also got the Easter puzzlebook for free. The 101 puzzlebook is my favorite. I own the kindle touch, so you have to pay close attention to the controls. The controls are PRESS, HOLD, and RELEASE. I love these puzzlebooks. A great addition and addiction to any family!
VINE VOICEon January 9, 2012
I will start by saying this e-book offers exactly what the title suggests: 100 different puzzles. If you are one who loves puzzles of all kinds, this is the perfect Kindle app for you. You can either choose individual puzzles as the mood strikes you (they are displayed in a list with an icon for each to give you an idea about what you are about to get into) or simply start at the beginning and move through to the end.
My complaints are as follows: First, some of the puzzle solutions just appear (after you have chosen--or randomly guessed!)as the right answer, that is, there is no explanation for why a certain answer is correct. I don't know, maybe a hint function or something would be nice for those of us who aren't puzzle fanatics and have no idea WHY an answer is right. Perhaps I take my puzzling too seriously. Secondly, and this is merely from a personal perspective, I think it would be nice to have the puzzles lumped into categories to suit my present mood instead of having to search randomly. Maybe categories such as "spatial," "geometric," and so on would be beneficial for those of us who want what we want and want it now :)
All of this said, it is absolutely worth the price and sure to please puzzle lovers. It's a great time passer for the waiting room etc.
*Please note I have posted the same review for Grabarchuk's 100 Puzzle Quizzes and 102 Puzzle Quizzes. All three puzzle books are different, yet too similar to review much differently from one another.
I love games on my Kindle as a break from reading and these puzzles are an interesting change from the usual word or matching games available for the Kindle. The publisher specializes in puzzles and that's pretty apparent in the variety available.

I enjoyed the "typitoon" type puzzles quite a bit, esp. because I can work on them with my elementary school age son. He loves them! They didn't feel too easy for me or too hard for him. Typitoons are cartoons drawn using typewriter keys (like some emoticons are). The object is to look at the typitoon and select the correct answer. They're pretty clever!

The lack of color on the Kindle readers is a downside to these games, but with the new Kindle Fire, Full Color 7" Multi-touch Display, Wi-Fi, these games will "pop" and be even more enjoyable than ever. That said the contrast and visuals work just fine on the B&W kindle ereaders.

Note: The publisher provided me with a free copy at no obligation.