4.0 out of 5 stars Good project to work on with your child.
Published on July 4, 2011 by Ginger M. Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars Instructions Needed
Published on April 17, 2012 by Kindle Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good project to work on with your child., July 4, 2011
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
The description said this has 29 pieces. It is really 153 pieces, if I counted correctly. Some of the parts do not punch out well. I would recommend having an exacto knife handy to cut out some pieces. I also had to use the exacto knife to make some of the holes larger where pieces fit together. I only had to do this for a few holes. Most fit well. My son and I had a good time putting this together, but I think it would have been too difficult for him on his own. He is 9. The instructions are only a sheet of paper showing small images of the layout of each wood sheet. Parts are numbered to help you know where to put each part, but parts that go together are not close to each other. You have to search quite a bit for the next piece. We didn't use much glue. Most of the house will hold together without it. Some parts require being glued on. Overall this was a fun project and didn't take an extremely long time to complete. However, if you plan to get this for a child, be prepared to help the child complete it.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun project for older child, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
I bought this dollhouse puzzle for my 12 year old to help keep her busy during the summer months. We worked on it together and it took maybe 6 or 7 hours total man hours. We painted the parts before we put it together. We could figure out what most of them were from the picture. My daughter did most of the assembly by herself, mostly just by looking at the picture. This did result in one problem with the upper porch being difficult to put on because she did not do it in the correct order. I had to trim some of the tabs down to get them to fit, but it was our error. Over all, it was a fun project that was just challenging enough. The cover says it is for ages 6+, but I would say 10-14 with some adult help. It was fun enough that we plan on buying more of these, the first being the furniture collection to go in the house. BTW, the scale of this house is about 1/24th, so if you have standard 1/12th scale furniture, it will not fit. There is no scale listed on the package, which is a shortcoming.

2.0 out of 5 stars Instructions Needed, April 17, 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
This is an inexpensive little dollhouse which is more like a wooden puzzle than a model kit. The directions are very sparse, considering how many parts there are, and there is only the photo on the front to use to see where pieces go, which means you can't see how it's supposed to be put together on the inside. If you like those wooden insect and dinosaur puzzles and want something more complicated, you might like this. If you want something more like a model kit with step-by-step instructions for assembly, this is NOT the kit to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Puzzle!, August 14, 2012
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
We bought this as a "do together" with our 11 year old grandson for some "bonding" time. He actually needed very little help - Just to advise him to be sure and number all the wood pieces like it says on the diagram on back on the box (we used a fine-line marker pen) THEN push the pieces out in order and assemble them (1A goes with 1A, 2 goes with 2, etc). It was easy to figure out that all the "C" pieces were for locking the notches. It took him a couple of days but he had a blast doing it - he even painted it when he was done and now it stands proudly on his dresser. A great puzzle!!! And we had a great time together!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gothic House, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
This was more time consuming then I originally anticipated but overall a fun project to complete with my daughter. It comes as little plywood sheets, you pop out the pieces and put them together. You have to be very careful because the pieces splinter and break very easily and you have to sand them like crazy so that they will actually fit together. We also glued the pieces together to ensure it was going to be sturdy. Considering that the price was low I would buy it again

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece, February 24, 2014
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
I have built several of these as gifts and to sell after built and painted. However with all the work you put in and the paint cost you can still only sell them for about what you pay for the kit. It's just a hobby thing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad...but, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
This model house is listed at various prices here, all the way up to $80, which in my opinion is greatly overpriced. We bought ours here on Amazon for around $30, so please shop around. Today, for Christmas 2013, two adults put this Gothic House together in 5 hours. As others note, there are no directions given--just a schematic of parts printed in very small scale. No way will a six year old child be able to assemble this without a great deal of adult supervision. While others have noted their parts fit together perfectly and they needed "no glue", our experience was that Xacto knives and glue were definitely required for several pieces, like the window frames and gingerbread ornamentation. A magnifiing glass was also helpful. A few times we had to pare down U-shaped locking parts and slot tabs so the pieces fit together.

The "gingerbread" accent pieces are thin in places and we actually, even with careful handling, had one piece break. This was rectified by gluing.

NOTE: The colored photograph of the model (on the other side of the schematic) shows the front door panel upside down.

Glad to have had the experience of putting this one together first, as we also bought the St. Basil's Cathedral, which is even more intricate; both come from the same company.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
I purchased this product and am very disappointed.
There are no instructions. I received two sheets of the same pieces and am missing one sheet. The wood splinters and is poor quality.
Wish I had my money back and they had a better product.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loved it. But you can buy this same one ..., September 26, 2014
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
Bought this for my 5 year old daughter to try a cheap dollhouse before buying a really detailed one. She loved it. But you can buy this same one at Michaels for $13! And the furniture set for $5. Just to let you all know. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality matches price, December 18, 2014
This review is from: Gothic House (Toy)
Well, you get what you pay for. The instructions were a little difficult to decipher, I had to punch out and sand each piece, but it looks great once put together. Solid structure.

Gothic House