Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pyle Home PCA2 2X40-Watt Stereo Mini Power Amplifier
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 29, 2012
1) Warranty info requires that YOU PAY SHIPPING COST BACK AND INCLUDE ANOTHER $20 IN CARTON FOR SHIPPING BACK TO YOU. This makes twice original price before you even get it back. AND you have to make a toll call to get permission to send it back and MUST have full paperwork also.

2. As of 2.29.12 this is out of their product line.
44 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2011
The amp worked fine for 42 days and suddenly a few minutes a smoke and it was gone. Tried contacting company twice and no one replied. Online product registration failed each time with an http error code (after typing in all info). An email message to company regarding this went unanswered.
66 comments|111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 29, 2012
This item is warranted for one month. Mine lasted less than 1 year. one channel failed and the underside is too hot to touch. Look for one with a fan inside.
on October 3, 2009
The Pyle Home PCA2 Mini amplifier worked just as expected. I needed a small amplifier to hook-up my flat screen TV to some old stereo speakers (that still have great sound) and this did the trick turning this set-up into a great sounding home theater system. I am extremely satisfied with this purchase and the value of the product.
33 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2012
after reading the other reviews on here, I knew this wouldn't be a five star product.
It was built down to a price, and it shows in the final product.

When my unit arrived there was a distinct rattling sound of a loose screw inside the unit.
after disassembling the unit, I found that it was missing one of only two bolts which hold the transformer to the chassis.
It seems it must have been over-torqued at the factory which stripped out the threading in the chassis.

It would have worked without fixing it, at least for the time until the loose screw shorted something out and blew up the internal fuse, or worse; I feel better having taken this apart and replaced the bolt.
This is a failure that really shouldn't happen but we're talking about a Chinese product made with almost zero quality control or warranty.

Apart from that issue however, this thing actually sounds /Really/ good!

The unit is bit larger than I would have imagined, and a whole lot heavier than I thought it would be. That's a good thing.
There is an adequate amount of bass/treble control and all the rheostats move slowly without static. They feel like high quality components.
The Power LED is red, which earns bonus points from me for not being that horrible shade of overly bright "Black-Friday Blue" which is common with cheap electronics. Still, I put a piece of electrical tape over it with a very tiny pinhole. I'm still glad it has a power LED, but a dimmer one is always best.

The PCB looks very easy to service if something goes wrong, and based on other reviews I wouldn't count on manufacturer warranties being very helpful.

bottom line: If you're techy and don't mind getting your hands dirty, this might be a great amp for computer speakers or something simple.

If you can afford something better or want the peace of mind that comes with a quality product with a warranty, look elsewhere.
Overall, I'm happy with the performance of this product.
review image
on May 28, 2010
I bought this amplifier to power a couple of Sony speakers for my PC. The sound was not great, but OK. I listen to music while I am working at the PC at low volume. This amplifier worked for 14 months and now the left channel does not work. After finding that Pyle would not fix it after 1 year and it would cost $30 to send it to them and get it back, I will throw it in the trash. I did remove the cover and found that a capacitor had blown up and leaked all over. While inside I found very poor manufacturing techniques. I will not buy another Pyle product. What a PILE.
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2009
The PCA2 did exactly what I asked of it: power some small speakers near my elderly mom's headboard as she couldn't hear the TV from her bed. The unit is well-made (heavier than I thought it would be for the price), and easy to use. The only reason that I gave it four stars instead of five is the misleading "40 watt" designation. Really, it's more like a good 5 watts per channel. That's certainly plenty for most uses, though.

I'd buy another and recommend it to a friend... s long as they know they're not getting 40 watts per channel!
on May 26, 2010
I got a bad unit (the ARE made in China) with clearly audible buzzing in both speakers, even with no input signal applied and volume turned fully down. The audio circuits sound good but the poorly manufactured power supply - and associated buzzing - made this device unlistenable.. Now I have to send it back to Pyle ($18 shipping) AND include a mondey order for $15 for them to send it back to me - so I'm out $33 bucks just to get it serviced. STAY AWAY!
on November 2, 2010
The left audio channel from my amp has had serious problems from day one, going in and out. I contacted Pyle about exchanging it, and they told me that even though it was still under the one year warranty, there would be a $15 charge for repairs (not an exchange), which would take up to 14 days. For a $40 unit, I'm not sure it's even worth it.
on February 15, 2010
I had purchased a couple of Bose- book shelf speakers and was looking for an amp or a receiver to go with them. SO after some research I found this product on amazon and ordered it.I also got a Y-cable to plug my laptop output to the amp. The amp works as expected, sound quality is good from my speakers and for the price of the amp. If you are looking for good sound, easy installation and simple controls, then this is the right product.
Positive : Price, compact, light weight, works for the money

Negative : None as of yet.