4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing For The Price
Published on December 21, 2011 by Yurcho

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price!
Published on September 14, 2011 by D. W.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing For The Price, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Pyle PDIC60 In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 6.5-Inch Speaker System, Directable Tweeter, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair) (Electronics)
I was looking to get speakers for a 16x18 size media room in my basement. I have already experienced shopping for ceiling speakers for my upstairs common room. I went with very high end speakers having a company install "speaker craft" along with a sonos system. I paid $8,000 dollars and although they did an amazing job and the speakers can make the house shake; I did not have the same financing options for the basement. I took my chances with these speakers thinking that they were so cheap that if they didn't work, I can just give them away. It turns out that they speakers are awesome. I definately hesitate to turn them up to see what they can do as I am sure they would blow. But believe me when I tell you that I have them loud enough to impress most people who have not alerady heard the system I have upstairs. This was a killer deal and I wanted to share it with everyone!
It is nice for a change to get a good deal on quality sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprised to find excellent 8" In-Ceiling speakers at Amazon!, February 7, 2010
Recently I replaced two of the ceiling speakers in our church building. Before purchasing on-line I looked all over town trying to locate locally and was more then a little surprised to find that in a town this size, nothing was available. After searching on-line I found this great deal at Amazon. The speakers arrived when promised, were excellent quality and easy to install. I needed a speaker that was between a cheap intercom type and a super high end surround sound type. The quality for voice and music are very good. If I had to replace them again, I wouldn't hesitate to use the same speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound for the $, December 4, 2011
I bought 4 pairs of these for a 4500 sq ft custom house of a client of mine. Installed them throughout the house with in wall volume controls hooked up to a Pioneer AV Receiver...they sound great. Install was a snap...good quality of hooks that flip around to hold in drywall, good connectors for wires to run into, etc.
I have put in a lot of in wall speakers over the years and have found that for most people using them for just whole house sound, you don't need the big brands with the big cost. Just buy something like this from a name brand and save yourself some money. You are never cranking the up all the way, just for background music during parties, or working around the house.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price!, September 14, 2011
D. W. "Dan W." (Framingham, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought 6 pairs of these for an office sound system and installed in a drop ceiling. They really sound great, with decent bass, clear highs and solid midrange. They installed easily and securely and as I said, the price was certainly good. My only problem, which caused me to subract a star, was that at least 8 or 9 of the speakers had stress cracks in the plastic housing...some in the round bezel which actually shows when you install. This doesn't impact the sound or their ability to stay mounted securely. But clearly there is a manufacturing problem. Either they are torqueing the screws too tight during assembly, or the plastic is compressing after assembly and cracking.
Even so, if I had to add sound to additional rooms, I'd still use these as the sound and price are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good recessed speakers for home theater, May 21, 2012
I am pleased with the sound of these speakers in a ceiling installation with 5 speakers on a home theater receiver. I do not have a separate woofer.

The sound is fine for a good 3D video experience and for general music with reasonable base, very good mid-range and reasonable treble. The tweeter angle adjustment is much too limited. They require no floor space so that is a major benefit. I may add a satellite woofer someday.

I once had Altec's Voice of the Theater speakers and these Pyle units do not come close, but at 1$ of Altec's what can you expect.

Installation of 5 ceiling speakers required several hours and generated plaster dust that dispersed everywhere. These speakers require a moderately precise round hole. I used a Dremmel multi-tool with a drywall blade and that worked well. Once the hole is complete, installation is easy.

I was concerned about dirt and dust from the attic collecting on the speaker cones since there is no barrier. I enclosed the backs of the speakers with a soft plastic film before installation to avoid dirt on the cone that would cause distortion. The film must be soft and provide the ability for cone movement without causing air pressure on the back of the cone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal Ceiling Speaker, May 25, 2012
Many people said that "sound just OK". I agree! However, you should know how much money you have spent on this Ceiling Speaker. What I can say that it is great sound for this ceiling speaker price.
Of course, you can spend double or triple price to get little bit better sound quanlity.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Ceiling Speakers, November 29, 2010
Great speakers. We purchased 6 speakers and they were easy to mount, connect and use. They have great sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and bang for the buck, November 8, 2010
Sound quality is not equal to an overpriced one but is good for home users. If you want theater quality then chances are you are not looking at this. But for those that want a good quality speaker for a good price this is it.
Also the quality of the sound is related to the speaker wire (use at least 14ga or thicker), install, and your power source. Set all those up correct and this will work great.

I did a 7 speaker setup with the Pyle speakers here from Amazon and they sound great. I used 12ga wire, installed them to direct the sound correctly, and used a good amp/receiver to power them with.
I used the 6.5's for the rear and the 8's for the front as I have larger room. If you have a smaller room then just use the 6.5's and skip the eights.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and bang for the buck, November 8, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speaker, Great Price, April 9, 2010
After spending MANY hours researching in-ceiling speakers, I settled on these. We wanted to play music in our showroom (approx 20x50) to break up the silence. We installed 4 speakers and the volume is excellent. Sound quality is really good so far, and very easy to install.

Rate and Discover Movies