Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Home Theater Protection Planfrom Assurant Solutions
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone
- We will fix the item, replace or pay up to the original purchase cost of the item. Zero deductible
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift
- Cancel anytime
- Some customers may purchase service plans and eligible products on Amazon. If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan.
Pyle PDIC80 In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 8-inch 2-way Speaker System, White (Pair)
|Price:||$51.75 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$100.24 (66%)|
- In-Wall / In-Ceiling System - 2-Way Stereo Sound Speakers
- Dual 8-inch Speakers - 4-8 Ohm impedance, 1.5-inch High Temperature Voice Coil
- Directable 1-inch Titanium Dome Tweeter, 300 Watts Rated Peak Power
- Mounts Flush on Walls or Ceilings, Perfect for Custom Installations & Applications
- Overall Dimensions: 10 3/4 x 3 1/2 Inch, Cut-Out: 9 3/8 x 3 1/2 Inch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Pyle
- Model Number: PDIC80
- Color: White
- Speaker Type: Ceiling; Wall-Mount
- Speaker Amplification Type: Passive
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Pyle PDIC80 In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 8-inch 2-way Speaker System, White (Pair)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Output Wattage||300 Watts||250 Watts||175 Watts||100 Watts|
|Frequency Response Curve||55Hz-22kHz||50Hz-20kHz||50Hz-20kHz||40 Hz - 20kHz|
|Impedance||8||8 Ohm||8 Ohm||8 Ohm|
|Dimensions||11 inches x 11.4 inches x 9.5 inches||11.5 inches x 11 inches x 9.5 inches||10.9 inches x 11.1 inches x 14.5 inches||3.25 inches x 10.75 inches x 10.75 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Size: 8'' | Style: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
It is nice for a change to get a good deal on quality sound.
I have put in a lot of in wall speakers over the years and have found that for most people using them for just whole house sound, you don't need the big brands with the big cost. Just buy something like this from a name brand and save yourself some money. You are never cranking the up all the way, just for background music during parties, or working around the house.
Even so, if I had to add sound to additional rooms, I'd still use these as the sound and price are great.
Never installed these before, here is what I learned in the process:
1). To remove metal cover grill: Sit on couch, invert speaker onto lap, swing locking clips toward center, push top of tab to force off metal cover grill while holding speaker just off your lap. POP!
2. Paint metal cover grill and outer plastic flange before installing. I used a small roller (light paint saturation) to match texture of ceiling. Do two coats. Use a big needle or small tack to clear any paint-filled holes. Once painted, they almost disappear into the ceiling.
3. Make a fist sized hole in the center of where you plan to have your speakers and reach in to confirm that you don't hit any rafters or blocking BEFORE you make your larger cut-out. You may be unpleasantly surprised and may need to shift your location, so don't make the big hole until you are sure all is clear. The clip/locking tabs need clearance all around (about 1/2").
4. Paper cut-out template provided is a bit undersized (thank you Pyle for making it sturdy cardboard and pre-cut), they probably imagine self-installers are not so careful. Cut it atleast 1/8" bigger all around.
5. To avoid damage to your finished sheetrock during cut-out operation: use a dremel tool to cut thru the paper layer of the sheetrock completely or do multiple passes with a mat knife.Read more ›
The sound is fine for a good 3D video experience and for general music with reasonable base, very good mid-range and reasonable treble. The tweeter angle adjustment is much too limited. They require no floor space so that is a major benefit. I may add a satellite woofer someday.
I once had Altec's Voice of the Theater speakers and these Pyle units do not come close, but at 1$ of Altec's what can you expect.
Installation of 5 ceiling speakers required several hours and generated plaster dust that dispersed everywhere. These speakers require a moderately precise round hole. I used a Dremmel multi-tool with a drywall blade and that worked well. Once the hole is complete, installation is easy.
I was concerned about dirt and dust from the attic collecting on the speaker cones since there is no barrier. I enclosed the backs of the speakers with a soft plastic film before installation to avoid dirt on the cone that would cause distortion. The film must be soft and provide the ability for cone movement without causing air pressure on the back of the cone.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great deal. I was worried about my husband installing but they went in quickly with the help of the template in the kit. Good sound and easy install.Published 2 days ago by cougmom
Great product, exactly what I needed to complete my home theater room.... A+++++Published 10 days ago by Jose M Gonzalez
Firstly shipping and delivery were on point, I ordered 3 pairs which came packaged together in another box which hid the contents and not so much as a scratch in the product... Read morePublished 16 days ago by J. B
I put 7 of these in my living room ceiling. They sound great and give the room a clean look without all of the speakers on the wall or floor. Install is straightforward... Read morePublished 16 days ago by J. W. B.
Great for in-ceiling surround sound through an old Pioneer receiver @ 8 ohms and 100W peak per channel. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Stubbs