Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $5.95 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pyle PDIW55 5.25- Inch In-Wall / In-Ceiling Stereo Speakers, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
|Price:||$38.74 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$55.25 (59%)|
- In-Wall / In-Ceiling System - 2-Way Stereo Sound Speakers
- 5-1/4'' Midbass Speaker - 1'' High Temperature Voice Coil
- 1/2'' Polymer Dome Tweeter - 150 Watts Rated Peak Power - Includes (2) Speakers
- Flush Mount System - Frequency Response: 80Hz - 20kHz - 4 - 8 Ohm Impedance
- Cut-Out Size:(W x H x D): 6 5/8'' x 10 1/8'' x 2 3/4'' - Overall Size: 7 5/8'' x 11 1/4'' x 2 3/4''
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Brand Name: Pyle
- Model Number: PDIW55
- Color: White
- Speaker Type: In Ceiling, In Wall
- Speaker Amplification Type: Passive
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Pyle PDIW55 5.25- Inch In-Wall / In-Ceiling Stereo Speakers, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair)
Pyle PDIC60 In-Wall / In-Ceiling Dual 6.5-Inch Speaker System, Directable Tweeter, 2-Way, Flush Mount, White (Pair) B0007LCL90
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Output Wattage||150 Watts||250 Watts||100 Watts||80 Watts|
|Frequency Response Curve||25Hz-20kHz||65Hz-22kHz||60Hz-20kHz||50 Hz - 20,000 Hz|
|Impedance||8 Ohm||8 Ohm||8 Ohm||8 Ohm|
|Dimensions||7 inches x 11 inches x 8 inches||9.5 inches x 9.5 inches x 8.5 inches||10.6 inches x 7 inches x 3.7 inches||10.7 inches x 14.3 inches x 4.9 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Color: White | Size: 5.25''
Top Customer Reviews
There are a few things to keep in mind if you opt to buy a set of these.
1) The speakers come assembled as they will be after you have mounted them in the wall; So you have to dis-assemble them before you can mount them. Removing the grill, and remove the speakers from the mounting bracket by removing the six small screws that holds them together. You have to do this in order to actually use the mounting system.
2) Instead of traditional speaker connections like you find on floor speakers, they have male quick connect spade terminals, so you can either pick up a pack of the female crimp on ends at your local Radio Shack or AutoZone, or you can solder your wires directly on the terminals. I opted to solder mine on for the best possible connection.
3) If you want to paint your speaker grill and mounting bracket a different color than white you can easily do that before you mount them. I recommend spray paint that is safe to use on metals and plastics. My second set is nice dark gray now.
I took off two stars simply because it's stated here on Amazon, on the box AND on the PYLE website that the tweeters are directable and they are definitely not. I know it's harsh to take two stars for that but I don't like blatant misrepresentation. I've emailed PYLE and I want to see what they will say/do before I decide to replace them.
Careful when ordering! Make sure you want them because apparently you can't return speakers!
This is what I was presented with when I tried to return my order:
For safety reasons, items that are classified as hazardous materials or use flammable liquids or gases cannot be returned to Amazon.com. Customers should dispose of hazardous materials according to Local, State and Federal regulations. Customers should contact their local government or local waste company for directions on how to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste.
Nice one! Tks Amazon!
Overall, I'm happy with them.
Probably the most important question with speakers is how do they sound? Well, these do not sound amazing but they did sound better than I expected once I had them installed. From what I remember, there is not crossover on the "woofer" and just a resister to cross over the tweeter. The low end was rather punchy and a little deeper than I expected. The high end is not all that great but serviceable. The tweeter is a little subdued and isn't exactly what I would call crisp BUT still way better than expected. Remember, in this price range, typically you don't even get a tweeter but just a dual-voice "full range" driver. Their sensitivity is rated at 87db but they seem a little worse like maybe 85db but that could either vary depending on installation or just my tainted review based on my mains being very sensitive.
I installed these as rear speakers in my surround system and they work marvelously in that capacity. They would also be sufficient for casual listening or mood music at a party etc. I had to give 5 stars not because they are 5 star speakers but because they are 5 star speakers in this price range.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm using these as rear speakers, and they work just fine. The sound quality is ok - I don't think I'd use these for anything other than surround speakers, or maybe multi room... Read morePublished 1 month ago by JR 888
Speakers work well with my setup. Have them installed in a suspended ceiling, and they disappear in the ceiling grid. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jstokes
I'm selling my house, had to replace from an upper end speaker. Not bad for the price. It comes down who's listeneing.Published 4 months ago by K.F.F.
You will get cheap speakers for a cheap price. With all of the great reviews, I expected something awesome, got something mediocre. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Meh, you get what you pay for. I put these as the surround speakers with Miccas up front (trying to save just a few dollars over the price of Miccas). Read morePublished 5 months ago by Josue