Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pyle Home PDWR63 6.5-Inch Indoor/Outdoor Waterproof Speakers (Pair)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 12, 2010
I purchased a pair of these to replace a pair of AudioSource LS62W I had mounted on my deck. The AudioSource speakers were half the cost of these and sound at least 50% better. These are very harsh on the high end and sorely lacking in the bass.
on May 10, 2012
Okay I have read alot of reviews on different speakers before buying, and I am glad I listened to the reviews on these speakers, because they are great, easy to install and put up on my poles. I hooked them to a Sony 750 receiver and they work great with it. and WOW.. they are a really good size. Great clear, crisp sound. Perfect for outside because the wind, splashing at the pool, and rain does not distort the sound at all. Now if you are looking for alot of base then get a woofer to go with these. But I didnt want alot of base because I wanted to hear the music because your outside and lots of different noises can interfere when you listen to music outside. I did not get these for inside. So I will tell you these are perfect. I am very happy.

Update: they didn't last but one year, bought another set, thinking it was my wiring, so I upgraded my wiring to a heavier wire, bought a new set and 6 months later they went out. Do not buy these speakers. Yes the sound was great, for the time they lasted.
on June 23, 2010
I wanted speakers for our patio, but didn't want to shell out a lot. These fit the bill. They are clear, no crackling or distortion. I Iturn up my receiver about halfway and sound fills the entire back yard. I have them mounted on the deck posts. The only negative things I can say are that one of the plastic nuts that connect the wire didn't want to thread ( and it was difficult to get wires connected due to the position of the holes in the posts) and that the mounting brackets seem a little flimsy. They have worked fine so far, and you can rotate the speakers on the bracket to aim them where you want. But they are thin and bend easily. The speakers are a little large and heavier than they look, but so far I love them.
on June 2, 2013
I debated whether to spend hundreds of dollars for Polk, Klipsch, or Bose outdoor speakers, but after reading a top 10 review of outdoor speakers and finding these speakers were in the top 5, I began looking for them online. I was surprised to find them for less than $100 per pair on Amazon. I questioned the validity of the review when I saw the price and hesitated to order, but when I calculated I could get two pair of Pyle speakers for less than the price of one pair of the others I was considering I decided to trust the review and order them. I also ordered a Sherwood 4 channel receiver and 12 guage speaker wire from Pyle. I placed these around our pool at intervals of approximately 50 ft. The receiver is 100 watt to all 4 speakers, but it appears the speakers can handle much more; however, for our pool area it is more than enough volume. I have the speakers sitting directly on a concrete floor and a concrete wall rather than mounting them, and I find that they supply a pleasing amount of bass immediately after setup. I am sure once I learn how to fully adjust the audio output from the receiver it will be even better. I am very happy with the speakers, and I am glad that I didn't spend hundreds more on the Polk, Klipsch, or Bose. I would recommend these speakers to anyone wanting good sound outside.
on March 24, 2015
Product is great. My husband put the speakers up on our patio, mounting them vertically. Easy to install he says. The speakers have great sound, even the neighbors are impressed. In fact, he yelled over the fence the other day to turn them up, even though he has his own speakers! I wish my amplifier had a little more wattage to push these speakers, but I will take it, we have a Niles sound system. Sounds great, and would be them again. We have only had them up for about a month, so we will see how these hold up in this Florida weather.

After the mixed teviews on here I decided to post a follow up. It has been 1 year now and we have had no issues with our speakers! So far there has had no sign rusting in this harsh Florida weather... Granted they are under the awning. Sound quality is still good, although I do wish for more bass but not a nessesity. I would still buy then again for the price it is worth it!
review image review image
on March 6, 2011
Just purchased a pair for use on a 140 sqft deck. With a small confined space, these may be over kill since they can be driven to auditorium limits. However, taking one out the of the box, I fired it up and found that the tweeter was not working. Disapointed already, I did not give up. I connected the other speaker to the same channel for testing, and found the performance quite harsh compared to my cheapy indoor small speakers connected to my theater. Today I did the true outdoor test, and mounted it under the eave for my deck. Wow, the bass was fantastic. No doubt about it. However, as I tested different songs, it seemed as 80 to 300 Hz was great, but dropped off quickly. The vocals were loud and hollow sounding, and symbals sounded clipped and terible.

Mounting worked, but the screw/bracket friction hinge is no ridged enough to keep the speaker at the desired angle.

My amplifier is designed for 6 to 8 ohm speakers, 100 watts per channel. I was already returning these due to the faulty tweeter, and will replace with something different. In a few days the Dual LU43 speakers I ordered should be arriving, and will test as well. I may try out the Pyle 50 unit, even though its 4 ohm, it might do the trick since I would not be running them loud.
on December 6, 2011
The mounting hardware is iffy, the terminals are skimpy, the grills are flimsy.
But they sound OK for patio use, hooked to the Zone-2 of a Panasonic 7.1 receiver.
I'd go with higher quality speakers next time, but these fit the bill, and didn't break the bank.
on June 16, 2012
These blew out the day I installed them. Other speakers I have bought have lasted 5+ years with the same tuner and music at louder volume levels. Turned the tuner up to between 50% & 75% and they both blew. 1oo Watts? I think not. All of the other speakers worked fine but being in the weather 24/7 they will not last more than about 5 years but not these. Spend a few bucks more and get a quality set of speakers.
on October 23, 2012
I ordered 2 sets of this item because I needed 4 speakers for my covered patio. I received 1 box containing 2 different physical size speakers (pair) all 4 were marked as PDWR63 on the speakers themselves. two were white and physically smaller then the other bigger off white color. I called Amazon and they immediately sent me replacements at no charge.
Guess what, I received the identical same mismatch as the first order.
While waiting for the 2nd order I tried the speakers to see how they would sound. 2 (two) of the speakers
(1 of each set) had scratchy and really bad sounds.
When I received the 2nd set, I also tried them for sound quality. Yep, one of them was bad also.
Consequently, I sent both boxes back and received a full refund.
I ended up using my old Zenith speakers (repainted) that I was trying to replace.
This is the first time I have been very disappointed with a product that was ordered thru Amazon.com
Support@pyleaudio was useless.

LKL
on December 4, 2012
We used these on our outdoor patio project to replace some decade old speakers. They exceeded our expectations! Great sound for really inexpensive speakers. I would recommend these to anyone needing something for a great price!

See 1 answered question