1,339 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound
Don't be fooled by the low price. I thought I would purchase these speakers to replace some stock speakers in my truck. I really didn't think they would sound as good as they do, but I did think they would be better then the stock units I had.

They sound great! The lows, mids and highs are very clear.

What a bargain, price was perfect and they sound...
Published on June 15, 2007 by JRD

1.0 out of 5 stars A Pyle Alright...
I purchased these speakers based on the excellent price and quality rating on Amazon.

I got them installed and frankly was very impressed with the sound quality for the extremely cheap price.

Published 14 months ago by Sean K.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound, June 15, 2007

They sound great! The lows, mids and highs are very clear.

What a bargain, price was perfect and they sound great.

I have bought more expensive speakers in the past, and these sounded just as good as them if not better.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Pyle Alright..., October 1, 2013

After about 6 months of ownership, they began to buzz like something was wrong with the voice coils. I contacted Pyle customer service and was instructed to send them in for repair/replacement as they were covered under warranty. That was 2 months ago...

I have written multiple e-mails to Pyle without a response. They will not answer phone calls and the voice mailbox for their customer service number is "full" so I can't even leave a message.

So here I sit with my interior torn apart, no speakers, and no solutions from Pyle. This is the absolute worst customer service I've ever encountered!

I will never buy anything from Pyle again, and wouldn't tell my worst enemy to waste their hard earned money and precious time dealing with such a terrible company.

I didn't expect the sound quality I got for the price, but I also didn't expect the speakers to wear out in less than a year. I definitely didn't expect getting warranty work done to be such a complete hassle.

Save you money, and buy from a well respected professional company. Lesson learned...

5.0 out of 5 stars These speakers will satisfy 99% of all users, the price is great, April 16, 2007
The quality and performance of these speakers is outstanding. The speaker itself is structurally sound and well manufactured. The performance is very good. The bass/midrange is powerful and tight (not muddled or soupy), the treble is very clear and crisp. For the price, these can't be beat. Unless you demand the best of the best, these are your speakers. Otherwise, you probably wouldn't be looking at these speakers anyway. I'm buying more for my other cars. They are great upgrades from factory speakers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but if you like bass, think twice, October 18, 2009
No one will argue that these speakers are cheap, but you get what you pay for. They are actually quite good on the highs and mid-range and if that's all you need (ie. if you have a seperate sub-woofer or don't listen to music with much bass) then you can't beat the value. But trust me, if you listen to music with any significant amount of bass these speakers will start to distort at mid-volume level and just sound bad any louder than that. I checked the tech specs. and found the frequency response only goes down to about 90Hz vs other higher-end speakers which generally go down to 30-50Hz.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent speakers indeed, April 15, 2006
I just installed them in my Ford Probe and they produce a very good sound, they didn't distort as I went with the volume up as high as I could.

I like the fact that you can get such a good sound for such a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed!, September 4, 2010
I purchased a set to replace deteriorated acoustic suspension speakers in my 1992 Mazda Miata. Since the stock radio is definitely not high-end, I had only hoped for performance similar to the old stock speakers. What a pleasant surprise! Performance is excellent through the entire range. I even have significant bass response that definitely was not there before. Enough, in fact, that a door rattle has been exposed. My expectations are definitely exceeded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, March 15, 2006
This review is from: Pyle PL53BL 5.25-Inch 200-Watt Three-Way Speakers (Pair) (Electronics)
These are good middle - high tone speakers suitable for Chrysler in dash replacements. They are very stable at 22 watts RMS and handle 50 watt peaks with clarity.

For a budget speaker to upgrade standard factory stereo with a decent aftermarket CD player, AM/FM receiver these front speakers will do the job.

Pair this setup with the Pyle 6 x 9 quadraxial "blue series" for rear speakers and you will have a good sounding system for the budget minded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound for the price. Super value., August 2, 2007
I replaced the stock under-dash speakers in my 1988 Toyota pickup with these. It is a big improvement as you might imagine. They screwed right in and had plenty of speaker wire. The sound is good as long as I don't have the bass turned up too high. I accidentally ended up with 2 pairs of these--I only wanted one pair--because I couldn't find if they were sold by the pair or by each. The Technical Details section says "Item Package Quantity: 1." I guess it means 1 pair. I figured that if I ordered 1, I'd only get one speaker, but if I ordered 2, I'd get 4 speakers. Better to have too many than not enough on installation day!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, March 15, 2006
Good sounding speakers will handle 22 watts RMS and 50 watt peaks easily. These have a very decent "punch" for full range speakers.

Pair these with "blue series" 3way or 4way front speakers with a brand name AM/FM CD receiver and you will have a good sounding system for the budget minded.

4.0 out of 5 stars Screaming sound., April 6, 2008
I got these speakers for a temporary change of my stock speakers cause they were cheap and at the time i was on a budget. I never would've thought that i would get this type of quallity from these speakers. I hooked it up to my head unit and boy did they get loud. Unfortunatly at full blast it had some notable distortion, so i keeped the volume down about half way, and believe me that was loud enough. I have one of those tuner exhaust systems on my car so i needed to drown it out with music and these did the trick. Later on i hooked these bad boys up to an amp, and tuned it properly. After that they weren't just loud, they were screaming down the block. At full volume there was no distortion to be found. Hooked up to the head unit, good speakers, hooked up to an amp, great speakers and highly recommended.