5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice replacement for old stock speakers
Published on March 31, 2011 by S. Jacobson

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Speakers
Got these to replace the battered ones in the doors. For the price, it's a good buy. The sound is crisp and sharp. Not too much bass though, but it's there. Will definitely compare to known brands. Thanks.
Published on February 3, 2011 by Michael T. Gineta

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice replacement for old stock speakers, March 31, 2011
This review is from: Pyle PL573BL 5-Inch x 7-Inch and 6-Inch x 8-Inch 300 Watt Three-Way Speakers (Electronics)
These are a 1,000% improvement on my old stock speakers! The price was cheaper than some crummy Walmart off brand name that I'd never heard of before. Hooked to a Kenwood 4x50 deck, there is lots of bass (too much, actually, I've got rattles in the doors I didn't know about before...) and the midrange and tweeters are giving me sound I hear on the home stereo, but not in the car before. Highly recommended, although for my 1998 Ford Contour SE, I did have to drill holes for one set of the speaker holes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speakers, November 26, 2010
These speakers are unbelievable for the cost. They sound perfect in my car; I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a high quality; less expensive car speaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing quality!, September 17, 2010
dmarv (Washington) - See all my reviews
I bought these speakers as a replacement for front speakers in my mazda mx6. I have a 600 watt amp running my inside speakers. These speakers suprised me and are out of this world amayzing when it comes to the sound i need. I have a very loud system and these are performers. They sound just as good as my alpine Type R series 5x7s in the back. As far as a stock replacement Im not sure how they would be and would probably recomend a lower wattage speaker for you. All I can say is if you want a bad ass high wattage speaker to replace a 5x7 this is it and for what it is is the best buy Ive come across in a very long time. Hope I helped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Factory Replacements, September 7, 2011
Got these for my 98 ford ranger. They installed easily, less than ten minutes per speaker. The speakers they replaced were absolutely destroyed. Sound quality has improved substantially from the old woofer cones however they are over-powered by the factory cones in the front which is from a combination of low sensitivity (87DB/W) and muffling from my seats. They can take full volume from my head unit without much distortion unless there is too much bass or excessive EQ'ing. These speakers are very bright with limited bass and would probably benefit greatly from an amplifier but run adequately on the headunit power. These would be a very good compliment to a system that already has a fair amount of bass as the highs are crystal clear and sharp, even at higher volumes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for the money, April 30, 2009
Felix Book Reader (Saginaw Valley, Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
I have had these speakers for about a month now, and so far I am completely satisfied with them. They sound good, look good, and are easy to install.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Speakers, February 3, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice highs but no lows, October 28, 2007
The highs and mids where crystal clear, easy to install with great power handling capabilities. But you will need to add a subwoofer if you want to hear some base.

4.0 out of 5 stars pylepl573bl, July 2, 2011
Good speakers for the money. Would be good for someone who wants highs and has woofers for the lows. A good replacement for stock premium speakers. Not good for someone looking for good deep bass. I am pleased with them and would buy these again. Can't beat the price for what you get.

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent for the price, October 25, 2010
If you are looking for an inexpensive replacement for your factory speakers then these are the ones for you. They sound very clear in the highs and mids but have a little to work on in the bass area. But really for the price they are way more than I expected. Highly reccommend them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Low bass response, July 31, 2010
I have never owned Pyle speakers but for the price, not bad, but not really great either.

The Goods: everything is included to mount your speakers e.g. wires, grill, etc...the highs sound really clear, almost piercing (this may be due to my stereo settings); the mids are ok; the shipping was ok; I liked that the speaker accommodates 5x7 and 6x8 speakers frames--this made for an easy install.

The Bads: No bass response but this is probably due to my cheesy built-in amp/stereo; Arrived with scuff marks on one of the tweeters and bass driver; mounting grill requires specific rubber/cover screws to hold the grill over the speaker itself(not really a big deal but did have to go search for it at a speaker store.

Like most after-market installs on car stereos, where the rubber meets the road is the quality of your system. These speakers require a decent separate amp to drive the bass, mids and highs. The source unit does not have ample power to make these speakers sound good. My Kenwood distorts the bass (bass tuned all the way up)at only sound level 23, yes crappy but if you want to avoid any distortions --purchase a decent amp. Also, Pyle claims the drivers can handle up to 300 Watts, uh, maybe but I wouldn't want to find out.

Overall, I liked the price and well, you get what you pay for. If you want a kickin system your are gonna pay for it. These are not even in the same league as infinity or bose speakers. If you wanna listen to some hip-hop with bass you'll be completely disappointed(or you can wire them to just produce mids and highs). I listen to Trance and House and I was disappointed. But guitar-based music sounds ok( of course this could also be my source/stereo). I got all 4 speakers for less than $45.00 dollars--these are definitely budget speakers.