Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Learn more

Pyle PL683BL 6 x 8-Inch 360-Watt 3-Way Speakers
Package Type: Standard PackagingChange
Price:$25.38+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 21, 2011
I started from stock to a Kenwood receiver. Then, Kenwood 6x8 in back (this is in 2 door sport, I think the 4 door explorer takes a different size?).

So, the combination of Kenwood deck, Kenwood rears and stock fronts: Yawn! There was no punch, scarce bass. I went back to dealer and he said the new decks are less power these days. Cr@p!

I have no space for subwoofer, I use the back of the explorer for other stuff. As a complete afterthought, I replace the stock front speakers because one of them is buzzing. I basically shopped price versus opinion here on Amazon. These Pyles made the most sense.

So now, Kenwood deck, Kenwood rear speakers, Pyle front speakers: WTF, it sounds great!!! $30 front speakers totally redeemed my system. The bass has arrived. It does not shake the windows but it's great all the way to stupid level.

Stupid level? Thats when you have your music so loud that people think you are stupid. Sorry, had to say it.

Bottom line: for what I paid for the pair of Kenwoods, I could have bought all 4 Pyles, and been happier when it was done. Buy these, you will not be disappointed. And, don't be stupid.
on January 7, 2010
i bought these speakers for my ford ranger doors and they pack a mighty punch twice as good as factory and i pound them going down the road will totally buy again
on October 21, 2011
These Pyle speakers are surprisingly good sounding - especially for this price. Not audiophyle quality, but they put out good sound, acceptable lows, and have clear mid- and high-ranges from low up to "Ouch!" volume.

We got these to replace the stock Ford speakers that walked away from the back of a motorhome. We didn't want to put out a bucketload of cash for speakers we'll use casually for only a few days a year, and decided to give the Pyle PL683BL a shot because of the reviews.

We didn't need the mounting kit that came in the box, but it includes all the wire and screws/nuts and fasteners you need, plus a grill/cover.

Combined with the Metra Ford Speaker Harness installation was quick and simple and they are a precise fit into the stock speaker enclosures. Using the stock head unit, they sound fine, give great volume (without an amplifier) with no distortion and we're quite pleased. In the motorhome, the speakers face each other, and standing between them gives great separation and the sensation of being totally immersed in warm sound.

They're rated for 360 watts, we're probably pumping 15-20 watts into them and if they sound this good, I wonder how good they'd sound with an amplifier..?

PROS:
- exact fit in Ford mounts.
- surprisingly good performance for a $30 set of speakers.
- crisp highs and mids, and tight bass.
- sound quality resembles an old set of Bose 901's. This is the "experience" of the sound, not volume or overall performance, mind you).
- minimal distortion at high volume on an underpowered, stock head unit.

CONS
- in our application, the silver mounts for the mid- and tweeter show through the speaker cover and bugs my sense of aesthetics - but I'm keeping them.

I wasn't expecting - or wanting - rattle-the-fillings-in-my-teeth bass or sub-woofer thumping. These deliver a good, deep and natural-sounding bass range - much better than the stock speakers up front. It's a very satisfying sound.

Recommend these for exceptional performance at a very, very low cost. Have just ordered a second pair to replace the stock front speakers in the door panels.
on March 30, 2008
I installed these speakers along with a Clarion head unit on my 2000 Ford Contour. Compared to the stock set-up these are a vast improvement in every facet of the speaker game. I would recommend these speakers to anyone seeking an affordable replacement to their stock set-up.
on December 26, 2011
I got these for my ford Fusion to replace the Blown OE speakers in the front door ,however they didn't quite make the grade because the factory speakers are a component set up with the Tweeters mounted at the top of the door panel. The Pyle's lacked the highs and mids. So I put them in the back doors to replace the 6 x 8's one ways and they do just fine in that location.The Bass is not to bad and the mids are improved also. I would recommend these for budget minded consumers.

Signed
Happy with my purchase :)
on September 9, 2010
Bought this pair to replace the broken OEM front door speakers in my 2005 Ford Taurus. The sound is GREAT! Far better sound than I expected from such a low priced speaker pair. They sound great even when the volume is cranked up to the max.
on July 27, 2012
These are good value speakers. The quality is pretty average for a 6x8 3-way speakers, but the price is so low, anyone considering a factory speaker replacement while keeping their factory stereo head unit, would be out of their mind to spend much more money.

I replaced the factory speakers (2 fronts in the doors and 2 rears in the package shelf) in a 2001 Mustang with 2 pair of these Pyle's. These 6x8s were a perfect physical fit in the doors and shelf, no adapter needed.

For electrical hookup, I carefully removed the plastic connectors off the factory speakers and soldered the included wires to make my own Ford speaker harness. Of course, I tossed the factory speakers in the trash.

The woofer magnet on these Pyle's is not much larger than factory speakers so I was a bit worried, but the cone is tight and surround is much more bouncy.

The speakers are quite gorgeous to look at, and it was a shame to hide them behind the factory door panel speaker grille and under the package shelf. But in the end, I didn't want to make any visible changes, so I kept the factory look and tossed the Pyle grilles in the trash.

My advice is to install the door speakers so the tweeter is above the mid, and install the rear speakers so the tweeters are on the outside, closest to wheels.

However, I only give these speakers a 3 star rating because they are clearly limited in their abilities. When I was a teen, you could use the Wattage ratings in a meaningful way, but to call these 360W is quite pointless. Sure, maybe they don't blow up, but they clearly don't sound good when the factory stereo is pushing 15W per channel to the speaker at maximum volume. Maybe it's the factory head unit that is to blame, but I wouldn't use these speakers with an aftermarket high-power stereo.
on August 11, 2010
These sound great for $30 speakers. Sound at least as good as the other 6x8's in my truck that cost almost 3 times more.
on February 13, 2011
Absolutely fantastic speakers for the price. Can you spend 150 dollars and get better quality? Of course. Is it necessary in this scenario for anything other than audio competitions? Nope. These are awesome. Run some wattage to them and you'll be impressed!
on September 24, 2014
Bought these for my 98 Ranger. I know a lot of people mention that they sound good for the money....I think that is lame! They have a decent sound to them. No distortion at normal listening levels. Obviously, if you crank it up, it will distort if you dont have an amp to run them. I have a Kenwood 50wx4 head unit running 4 of them in my truck. I think that they sound better than factory and really have a crisp and clean treble to bass ratio. They do not thump. If you are planning on installing these in a Ranger like I have, I would recommend buying a 2 way for back speakers as I think that there is too much highs. Hope this review helped.