Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now Tikes

Color: WhitePackage Type: Standard PackagingChange

on November 6, 2014
I bought this Pyle unit under duress as I needed to replace a non-working radio in my boat, but I didn't want to have spend any money. I bought this, the cheapest device I could find that had a mini plug port for my music device to plug into, and that had enough high star reviews to take a risk on.

After all, an exposed music system in a boat is never deigned to last long in this world, and who wants to spend a fortune on the latest Alpine or Kenwood just to have it last two seasons and die?

Well, I waited for nearly two years before publishing this review. And the radio is still going strong. I have never had an issue with it.

It was easy to install, it had all the right pieces and a simple instruction book and it simply works.

If I were to lodge a complaint, it would be that the front panel is not entirely intuitive and sometimes I forget and have to fiddle around a bit to remember how to operate the fade function or jump to weather band, or etc. Also, the display is small (by design and expectedly so) and not entirely well lit in daylight, or perhaps I should say that the contrast is not quite right in daylight. So between trying to remember how to do something on the panel and squinting to see what the display reads while concurrently texting my friend, holding my fishing rod, tying a fly, balancing an adult beverage and trying not to run into the kayaker ahead. Well, it can be a challenge at the best of times.

But honestly, thus far I would highly recommend this in-dash system. It has held up to the elements for two years and still looks and works perfectly. And sounds fine, too, which I suppose would suggest is probably the most important thing.
on September 30, 2012
This stereo has everything I have ever needed or wanted for my car. When I hit the VA Beach strip, my tunes shut down everyone around me. I can tune it a station, hit it with my iPod, slip in a CD or DVD, and crank it up. On the beach, I can park my Miata MX5 on boardwalk, and use the remote to pick the tunes I want to hear. With it's awesome power, I don't even need an amp. Then, when I'm out of the car with the top down, I can pull the front and take it with me to keep it from being ripped off. Excellent features!
on March 4, 2013
Installed and could not get working through amp. Tested straight to speakers and worked. Finally after a couple of months of frustration, took it to a local stereo shop: amp outputs defective. Past Newegg return time (not blaming Newegg). Pyle's return policy: you pay for shipping, you send another $15 for them to ship it back to you. So, you're into it another $30-40, and they might fix it, or return it to you saying nothings wrong. It is the first and last Pyle for me.
on July 31, 2013
It does everything it says it does. The install was straight forward. No issues. Volume is good. Some functional quirks to learn vs other models but nothing that can't be overcome. I've used every feature but the USB and remote so far.
Two things I don't like so far. The RX does not have good range. I've tried a couple different antennas so far and compared to my older radio is about 10 to 15 miles less of receiving the same stations on FM.
The other issue is more my boats fault. If the radio has a low voltage condition occur. The radio has to be fully powered down and restarted before it will power back up.
Doing a manual channel search is more difficult than it should be but it can be done.
For the cost, I'd recommend it. I've only had it installed for about a month now. We'll see how long it works.
on August 21, 2013
Nice unit. Install was straight forward and system sounds good. I haven't tried the cd player yet, but the radio sounds good. Setting the clock took a little figuring, but not too hard. It may be the way I have it wired, but the clock seems to show faintly when powered off. This doesn't bother me too much, as I keep my boat plugged into a maintenance charger when not in use. It's really faint and you can barely see it, but it will put a drain on the battery when not in use. About the only complaint I do have about this unit, the cover for the USB port is not so good. It doesn't want to stay closed when not in use. Here again, not a big deal as I usually keep the cover down on the unit when in operation. Overall, good sounding system for the price.
on November 9, 2011
Nice radio, It has all the features I was looking for. Being a skywarn weather spotter, the weather band is handy.The Sd card reader is what sold it for me I can play all my mp3s.This radio has plenty of power and the display and functions are easy to use.It didn't come with the remote but the seller worked hard to get one for me from the Pyle factory.
on June 29, 2012
Reviews are very important to me and i enjoy reading feed back from other consumers prior to purchase and try to do my part when i post.

The problem with this radio is....i have nothing negative to say. With any purchase, most times something is lacking or less than perfect. i have not experienced or found much that warrants complaint.
on May 22, 2012
I had always had a good impression of Pyle, but this product changed that.

When I first received the stereo, I was surprised it didn't have a detachable faceplate. I didn't bother checking since it seemed like an obvious feature for a marine stereo.

The remote control worked, but it wouldn't work in really bright light (marine radio, right) or with the protective cover in front of the radio. Oh well.

The RCA jacks in back worked, but the volume was almost too low to be functional. Oh well, I bought it for the HD card.

Then I noticed that the RANDOM function was enabled by pressing the SHF button. I found it strange that the ROM didn't match the buttons, but oh well.

When I tried to play a SDHC card it took several minutes to load the files before it started playing. That was annoying. I found that a simple directory structure (only one directory deep) loaded much faster, but still took around 30 seconds.

Every time I turned my key from start to aux (you do that quite often in a boat), it would have to reload the card directory structure and it would reset the SHF (RND) function. Now it was starting to get annoying.

Searching for music on the radio is tedious. When I had a deeper directory structure (Artist/Album/Song), it was impossible to search by artist - only by album (not sure if I was missing something, but I rarely knew the name of the album I was looking for, just the artist). There were several other things that made searching nearly impossible, like it's inability to read certain special characters. About 1/4 of my artists (after I redefined my directory structure) were named "Unknown".

On the fourth trip, the non-detachable faceplate stopped illuminating (it never got wet as far as I know either) and the buttons ceased to work, so I decided to replace it. I considered ordering speakers too since mine had gotten wet and were starting to sound like crap.

When I installed my new Dual (for around $130), my speakers started sounding really good; they weren't damaged after all. It looks like the Pyle amplifier design was to blame. The search feature was effortless. It didn't lose the Random (called RND and Random) every time I keyed the ignition. The faceplace was detachable. It loaded my SDHC card almost instantly. I no longer had Unknown artists and the auxiliary RCA inputs in back worked like a charm. The remote control worked in bright light and through the protective radio cover. Plus the thing came with bluetooth and I was streaming music and answering calls wirelessly through my radio almost immediately (I have to say, nothing is more convenient than hearing incoming calls over the radio and answering them with the remote control on your boat).

If you really want this radio, do yourself a favor and throw your cash in the toilet, then go to Walmart and buy the SD card Dual.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
I installed this radio in my 2009 toyota pickup and i love the whole radio sounds awesome with my front and rear speakers which it didn't have but found a way to put in rear speakers behind the bench seat in cabinets 4 way speakers they sound awesome the whole thing sounds like a expensive setup but it was under $200.00 the radio is nice love the remote control has enuff power to blow your ears out .was worth the $81.00 dollars i paid for it did the wiring myself was a snap to do love it over the stock radio quality product..
on September 14, 2011
I bought the unit to mount in my Can Am Commander SxS, I already had the waterproof case so the single DIN mount was a snap.
Some minor soldering / heat-shrink and it is good to go.

The main feature I like about the unit is the SD/USB playback features, no more disc skipping (yeah it's bumpy out there) I loaded 6 hrs of MP3/WMA
tunes on a 2 gig SD card (there is probably room for another 12) turn in on - turn it up - and hit the throttle (well maybe you need to start the SxS 1st.)