All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now Tikes Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015

Package Type: Standard PackagingChange

on July 18, 2011
I have had this product some time now,it IS actually a good product,bluetooth connects seamlessly,but do note,if you have a password and or lock on your phone you will need to re connect manually everytime.I would suggest the Metra harness kit (minor research at the Metra website will identify your needs quickly),also get the surround kit too,mine is in a 2006 F150 Lariat,wife enjoys watching movies when we go on long journeys,dont advocate it to everyone but earth the brake wire to the unit or neagative and will play while driving.Just saying is all.Now it IS a basic unit so dont expect to download pictures or the like,no background choices and boring display when in radio or cd mode,but ipod works very well as do the headrest monitors those you can buy from Amazon also at a way low price for a pair,equally simple to finish,for the price point it is a good basic or starter unit.You cannot integrate a cd changer with this unit,it is designed for single use,however there is always ways to add on,I run a multi DVD changer on this and will add a Game Cube too.
November 27th 2011.......................This is an update on this unit,this now lives in a second vehicle and is still going strong,since day one I have had no problems with this unit,I do ALOT of off roading and it takes alot to make this unit "skip",still plays dvd's just fine,still running 2x headrest monitors too,again,without problems no longer have a game cube on this unit,no other reason than its on loan to my friend who has two squabbling sons and she appreciates the silence from the backseat!!!!There is only the SLIGHTEST of ghosting on fast paced games, barely noticable............still run the dvd changer on this unit too,I stand by my initial assessment,this IS a basic unit but reading reviews of much higher $$$$ units,this was and still is a GREAT buy................May 2012..........unit now resides in a Bronco(made a cage to hold it),STILL going strong,not sure,reading other reviews,if I got the best one ever made,but I REALLY have had no trouble with this unit at all and still works as well as it did when it first came out the box!Update.............Aug 2012,sorry to those who asked questions,I am not being rude just am really BAD a checking questions.I apologise.The unit is still running strong and reading other reviews from others less happy,I must have got a great one,I havent had one problem with any functions and still works as good as they first day it went into the first vehicle.I have installed these now into numerous other vehicles for other people and havent had any issue save with one but the warranty doesnt cover a 5 year old pushing a lollipop stick into the CD slot!!!!!!!Once removed and a cd cleaner inserted seems to be working fine.
August 27th 2012...........still going strong,no issues.
April 23rd 2013.............unit is still working well,had to put a cleaner disc in it in March as it started jumping.After cleaning disc was used,back to working with no issues.January 14th 2014...........unit still functioning well,did have issue with the faceplate motor but a quick read online,took the top outer case off,applied light silicone grease on the guide arms and cogs(used for electronics like cogs etc on these units)put the case back on and runs like a top again.Still very pleased with this basic unit.
Its now October 2014 and the unit is still working fine,its looking old now(wear on buttons)but still plays DVD's without a problem,motor on screen when opening became erratic a couple months ago so pulled it out opened the top case and re greased (very fine silicone grade)the cogs(only plastic)re assembled and has been fine since.I occasionally read other reviews and am sorry to read others have problems with this unit as I really haven't had any problems other than re greasing really.I am surprised myself that it has worked aslong as it has especially with little hands involved!Cant answer for reception problems alongchannels as this has always played clearly with no distortion.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2011
I use to have a pioneer avic z1 that was $2k or so new until it was stolen out of my car. For $200 bucks this is not a replacement of what that did, but it is great for the price. The tv clarity is good, but you better have some tinted windows and make the brightness 100% to see anything at day time. Very capable of viewing from different angles and at night time, competes with said pioneer. the radio works fine and i use the remote so i can get to my presets and turn off the display. The display is very blue and quite annoying and cheap looking. The touchscreen works well, the BT is nice as it loads up the phone once the car is started and will allow you to play pandora wirelessly. Sound is good for music, the eq doesnt seem to offer to much range, but it did make me realize i have a stock subwoofer in the trunk. there are a couple of input/output cables for more tv's/ps3 etc. that is nice. ive yet to use any of the other options.

I recommend this for people who would like tv (and add some headrest tvs), BT, and not want to pay for the high end equipment. If i had the money and a garage again, I would go with a pioneer, but since what I have is street parking and lots of bills, this does a great job.

PS - Make sure you buy the harness and installation kit right away so you dont have to go around shopping for it later, like this one dumb guy i know
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2013
So far had the deck a few days.
It is ok. The instruction for the installation does not come with the deck but all the wires are labeled so that helped a lot.
I connected the rear view camera and it works ok. Sound quality is fine, nothing too special.
Interface is fine and the touch screen is ok.
What I don't like is that on FM radio station it does not show the radio station name and the song that is currently playing.
The display is very blue and quite annoying and cheap looking, there are only two modes, full bright and full off, would have been nice to have a dimmer mode for night driving where you still want to see the screen but not be blinded.

Edit: After some use I did notice that when you turn on your headlights on, the screen auto dims but it is barely noticeable and there is no adjustment how dim it goes.

There is "Navigation" button on the main screen but it is not functional and I believe it is reserved for a higher model that comes with that function. There is a place at the back marked for a GPS antenna but no actual plug available.
So far bluetooth function seems to work ok with my Android phone and it can access my address book as well as keep track of dialed calls. Sounds quality seems reasonable enough.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2013
I saw this on amazon and the price was so good I couldn't pass it up....per then description it does everything I wanted it to do. Bluetooth capability, iPod/iPhone connectivity, plays DVDs and video files, rear camera hook up, aux capability, has SD card's great right? Well I can say with confidence that this product meets expectations. I almost went with a pioneer which cost a good bit more but was trying to stay on a budget since this did everything the pioneer unit I was looking at did minus the flashy screen savers and background image capability.

Some notes about this unit:

DIM SCREEN easy fix:
I read alot of complaints about the screen being to dim in other reviews about this unit...yes this is the case initially when watching videos and movies. What you have to do is hit the OSD button on the supplied remote control while watching your media and you can then adjust the OSD again to also adjust contrast and color. Until you do this, you will not be able to watch movies as the screen is way to dark. The initial setting for all these is 50. I turned most everything up to 65-75

Oh and remember to take off the clearish film that comes on the screen. I didn't for the first few days but noticed a big difference after removing it....funnily enough I didn't see it on there until a friend pointed it out, and the screen looked much better after removal.

This is where I had to knock off a star for this unit. My radio sounds horrible now, very Staticy. However, having a smart phone negates this. Just get a radio app that picks up local stations and play it through your Bluetooth. Problem solved so no big deal

works very well, auto syncs after being turned on I love this feature and is the main reason I purchased this music is crisp and clear I could not be happier. I just wish my music library and playlists would show up along with the contacts and call info.

works as intended, gives options for regular view and mirror view which I thought was nice

Works as intended, no hiccups or loud noises from inside unit

I have an iPhone 5, the cord that comes with this unit is not compatible, however works great with my ipad 2. Everything shows up on the screen without having to access the ipad itself.

Something else I noticed....the system defaults to making a 'beep' sound whenever you press a button or function and reacts sluggish. I found turning this beep off in the settings greatly increased the response time after you press a button, this is a must if you ask me.

Overall this unit does exactly what it says. The interface is very minimal and very blue but honestly I don't feel like I'm missing out by not having pretty backgrounds and screen savers. You MUST use the remote control to access most of customization features this unit does offer.

I would recommend this unit.

As a side note, I drive a 2000 Toyota Celica GT...if you own this type of car and get this unit, you are going to have to cut away some of your dash unit to make it fit...doesn't look horrible, but just something to be aware of. I purchased a metra dash kit along with this, looks great.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2011
from day 1 about 1 inch of the left side of the screen is blank. now the internal liquid leaks from top and bottom of the screen. the player is v slow. it doesnt read most of the video file formats. the output sound quality is really bad. i use to have a kenwood sound system with real good bass. now same speakers with this unit gives real poor bass.
review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2012
Good love it . Great buy cheap price. Put it in my 2011 dodge challenger omg I love it .. the only thing it don't not come off like if u wanna hide in Ur glove box it does not come off but I love it . I might buy another one just to have it .. sounds good an ipod cord works, I mean its st8 u can not beat the price ..
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2012
Bad Quality

Purchased this stereo and face won't go up after being down. Volume is always at mid range when it comes on; won't remember the volume you left it on. Called Pyle about replacing it because is under warranty:
First call: I got to a voice mail, which was full
Second Call: Got to a customer service and referred me to the same option of the voice mail that was full.

Customer service is awful, if you have any issue with the unit, you are on your own
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2011
I, for the most part, got exactly what I expected.
On the PRO side:
* great sound - equal or better than stock CD
* nice, large screen
* backup cam interface is great. Switches on automatically when in reverse, and mutes the audio.
* DVDs play really well and look great
* Bluetooth works really well and the stereo profile is much better than expected. I stream Pandora/Rhapsody through my Android phone to my stereo and it sounds great. See some downsides in the cons section
* iPod/iPhone interface works flawlessly

* user interface is truly clunky. It would have taken so little effort to make that nice, big screen shine with a great user interface
* SD card slot does NOT do SDHC. Really, really limites the usefulness of the slot.
* With SD cards and I assume thumb drives, it does not allow you to select a folder or group or anything. you are at the mercy of the forward/reverse buttons - though you can go forward/back folders. But with the limit of the SD card, does it really matter.
* don't seem to be able to see radio data (song/artist)

All-in-all, I'd recommend this unit to anyone that understands and accepts its limitations.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2011
I bought this for my Hyundai Sonata. The price was great given the built in features. So many decks come with "ready" and "compatible" features--which is fancy for "buy them separately."

I installed this myself and couldn't believe how easy it was, however....
You will more than likely need to custom trim the dask kit. This deck face slides out and needs clearance. I had to trim about an 8th of an inch at the top and sides. It came out great with my dremmel tool.

I did another goofy thing and bought the wrong wire harness. I didn't need one for "premium sound" system. I just had to cut the electronic instrument and simply crimped the wires together.

So, for the price, I'd say this is well worth it.

Keep in mind that I have only had it installed and working since Christmas day. Hopefully it will last long. I bought the square-deal three-year warranty just in case!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2011
Bought this for my wifes Hummer H3 and it's a nice unit for the money. Everything functions as advertised and it seems built well. The instruction manual borders on useless and I would recommend ground loop isolators to cut down on alternator whine, but that could just be our vehicle (even with a dedicated chassis ground wire). Bluetooth is slick, DVD player works perfect, MP3 and SD. All in all a good unit and thinking about another one for my truck.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse