Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pyle PLG6C 6.5-Inch 400-Watt 2-Way Custom Component System
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 16, 2006
I drive a vehicle with four 6 1/2" speakers in it. There's room for tweeters in the vehicle, but the OEM system did not have them installed. The foam surround of all 4 OEM speakers had rotted away and of course they sounded terrible. I found these Pyle Drive Gear Speaker Kits and couldn't believe the price break. I also liked the individual driver design. I ordered one Kit and installed it in the front of my vehicle. The difference was astounding. So astounding that I ordered another kit and installed it in the rear of my vehicle. I how have four 6 1/2" woofers & 4 tweeters running through the enclosed crossovers that make it sound great and they're only running off the OEM sound equipment! All that and Amazon free shipping to boot! I'm extremely satisfied, would do it again, and recommend these speakers.
22 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2012
First of all I would like to say this is not my first set of speakers from pyle. The reason I purchased them again was because of my success in the past with them and the quality of the product. very well constructed. love the color! These 6.5" speakers sound great believe it or not! I was very impressed with the bass response. You could hear it without all the windows rattling. sound is very clear, did not have problem with distortion at high volumes. I ran it with a bose stereo from my GMC sierra. did not replace the tweeters because I felt I didnt need too. Great factory upgrade! I did have bose speakers in before and I can tell you there is not much difference after I got them installed. actually, the only difference is the pyle speakers seem to handle higher volumes without distortion, that may be cause of the higher watts (rms). highly recommend if you are looking for something that sounds nice but dont want to spend alot of money. nothing wrong with my old factory speakers (expect the fact that they are paper), I just wanted newer ones that will last.
review image
on August 14, 2014
I usually don't write reviews but I felt compelled after reading the 1 star moronic comments.
If your looking for bass a crossover setup is not for you. Component sets are for highs and small amount of mid. If your looking to build a system with everything then you either need to get a set of 6x9 or subs.
If you have any knowledge which most of you 1 stars don't then you will install 2 component sets front and back with an equalizer to cut out lows and a sub or 6x9 amped for the bass.
You 1 stars are the ones driving around with crackling speakers cause you decide to pump lows through a crossover which is made to do the opposite. Learn how to do it right or have a pro do it
on July 5, 2006
I bought these to go into my 1996 Tacoma Extended Cab.

Unfortunately they didn't fit into the door spaces (without spacers which I hadn't bought and was lazy), since the 6.5" woofer has a very nice large and deep magnet.

So I decided to install them into the side rear panels in the extended cab. They installed in no time, as all necessary pieces are included, including the wires with precrimped ends for both the tweeter and woofer.

I have these running of a JVC MoSFet deck pushing 30X4RMS and they sound great, had to turn the LOUD feature off as the base was rattling the panels, as Toyotas are made of plastic.

I just found out I could have bought some 1" spacers to make the woofers fit in the door...oh well...bought some seperate 3-way speakers for the fronts...probably won't sound as good...we'll just have to see...I am installing the 3-ways tomorrow...

The Pyle woofers look great, with the yellow surround...

You also get 2 different tweeter install options...surface mount (either with double sided tape or screws) or flush mount...

The woofers also come with grill covers and the crossover looks to be built very nice...nothing in here feels or sounds cheap.
on January 31, 2006
I put these into my 2001 Silverado a couple of weeks ago and they sound good. I have pushed them pretty hard with my amp settings and they take a lot of power before they start to distort. I definitely recommend buying these unless you want competition kind of sound which 99% of us do not.
on March 17, 2010
I didn't have a lot of cash to spend on speakers, so you better bet that I did my research before purchasing these. And man, did I make a good decision. The bass is AMAZING, and I don't even have an amp wired in, just running off my JVC head unit. I have not yet installed the tweeters, so I'm excited that there is still more to come. For under $50, you just can't beat it.
on March 3, 2013
To start off, let me just say that I did not buy these to put in my car. I blew out some really nice Sony shelf speakers and didn't want to spend much money replacing them. So I figured some cheap car component speakers would do the trick just fine. I read the reviews here and these seemed pretty decent so I just went for it and ordered them.

With the free shipping it arrived at my house in 5 days. Well packaged and everything.

Opening up the box, I see everything as expected, plus a ton of extra speaker wires and caged covers for the woofers.

As for installation, the woofers fit almost perfectly back into the slot where the 6.5" sony woofers were. I will submit my own photo so everyone can see. The tweeters came with sticky pads so that they can be placed almost anywhere.

Now let's move onto the important subject; sound and quality.
Many people have complained about build quality. As far as I've seen, the woofers are very sturdy and pretty strong. The woofer itself flexes well and the material is strong. The tweeter on the other hand is not as good. The plastic does feel cheap and wiring is thin but it does work. I've also read that the sound of the tweeter sounds like noise made by foil. After installing the woofers and tweeters, I was not impressed by the sound at all that the tweeters gave off, but after playing the speakers at high volumes for a few hours, the tweeters began sounding more normal and had better quality. And after a few days, the tweeters lost any of the disgusting foil sound.

Moving on to the woofer, the quality itself was very good considering I payed less than 40$ for it all. The box that I put the speakers in are very solid and ported. The bass response given by the woofers are strong and the speakers can handle a good amount of power. The bass though has no low end, I'd say they don't reproduce anything below 100Hz, which isn't bad. The bass is there, it's just not very deep. Other than that, the woofer sounds good and the crossover does a good job of managing the signal between the woofers and tweeters.

Overall for the price, I'm really impressed with what I was given. After reading many reviews, I expected that the tweeters would be broken, or that the woofers would feel like paper, but no, the overall quality and sound is great for the price. Check out the pictures under the user submitted photos to see my end result.
review image
on April 2, 2010
For the price these speakers are great!!! yeah if you want to spend big bucks you could find something better, but this product gives you a lot of bang for your buck.
on November 9, 2006
W/O alot of space for larger speakers I put these in the back side panels of my convertible. Using a 600W Rockford Amp to Drive them they sound great. I listen to alot of Jazz; and they are great for that.
on April 5, 2015
I discovered these Pyle speakers after the left side of my 2012 Ford Fiesta hatch's expensive 6.5 in."Focal" mid bass speakers suddenly stopped working with only 13000 miles on the car! Strangely, the "Focal" tweeters in the front doors still functioned, so I left them alone and didn't install the supplied "Pyle" tweeters. Because I'm old, and hardly EVER 'bump" the bass, I took my ride back to where I had bought them and the stereo and had them installed at "Car Toys". After complaining I was told that the warranty had expired. "What? But sir, I also paid for the extended warranty!" "WHAT? ONLY FOR ONE EXTRA YEAR, AND IT EXPIRED THREE MONTHS AGO!? DAMN." Well, I was pretty hot over those $$$ 6.5 in. "Focal" speakers! OK, so the expensive speakers didn't last any longer than the cheap ones. NO MORE FOCAL speakers! I searched for a set of speakers that had more RMS watt capacity for my JLA 700 watt 5 channel amp. I settled on these "Pyle's and bought TWO sets of the "Plye" PLG6C speakers. Only one side had stopped working, but I wanted my ride to have a matched set all around, so I removed the surviving "Focal" set on the pass side, and installed a new "Pyle" speaker on the speaker rings in each door that I had left in place from the previous Focal installation. My amp has built in crossovers, so I didn't install the supplied "Pyle" crossovers. After I installed my four new "Pyle PLG6C"s", I turned the stereo on, and I tested them. LOUDLY. After thoroughly satisfying myself with their operation, I ordered my third set of the PLG6C speakers this Easter weekend! 5 STARS from me people!!