Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on April 5, 2015
I discovered these Pyle speakers after the left side of my 2012 Ford Fiesta hatch's expensive 6.5 in."Focal" mid bass speakers suddenly stopped working with only 13000 miles on the car! Strangely, the "Focal" tweeters in the front doors still functioned, so I left them alone and didn't install the supplied "Pyle" tweeters. Because I'm old, and hardly EVER 'bump" the bass, I took my ride back to where I had bought them and the stereo and had them installed at "Car Toys". After complaining I was told that the warranty had expired. "What? But sir, I also paid for the extended warranty!" "WHAT? ONLY FOR ONE EXTRA YEAR, AND IT EXPIRED THREE MONTHS AGO!? DAMN." Well, I was pretty hot over those $$$ 6.5 in. "Focal" speakers! OK, so the expensive speakers didn't last any longer than the cheap ones. NO MORE FOCAL speakers! I searched for a set of speakers that had more RMS watt capacity for my JLA 700 watt 5 channel amp. I settled on these "Pyle's and bought TWO sets of the "Plye" PLG6C speakers. Only one side had stopped working, but I wanted my ride to have a matched set all around, so I removed the surviving "Focal" set on the pass side, and installed a new "Pyle" speaker on the speaker rings in each door that I had left in place from the previous Focal installation. My amp has built in crossovers, so I didn't install the supplied "Pyle" crossovers. After I installed my four new "Pyle PLG6C"s", I turned the stereo on, and I tested them. LOUDLY. After thoroughly satisfying myself with their operation, I ordered my third set of the PLG6C speakers this Easter weekend! 5 STARS from me people!!
on November 16, 2013
I like these A LOT, but they are not perfect. For the money they are hard to beat. I replaced the component speakers in my 2005 GMC Yukon with the Pyle 2-Way Component system. If you are handy, you can install them, but this is not a drop in installation. Opening the package, the crossovers look very nice. MAKE SURE TO USE THE CROSSOVERS! Otherwise you will get to much midrange and blow the tweeters. In the GMC, I removed the door panels, removed the old woofers. The old woofers have integrated custom mounting hardware, but the 6.5" Pyle woofers fit perfectly. I used self tapping sheet metal screws to mount the speakers.

I wired the crossover and mounted it to the inside of the door PRIOR to mounting the woofer. Since GM runs the stock woofer at full range you can use those wires for the crossover input (see polarity chart for GMC below). MAKE sure the polarity is correct or one speaker will simply cancel out the bass of the other. Just because they work does not mean the wiring is correct. I then removed the tweeter from the door. I cracked the two small tabs holding the tweeter magnet and pried the magnet from the front of the tweeter. I then mounted the Pyle tweeters to the front of the old tweeter and remounted it in the door. Note: this will destroy the old tweeters. I mounted everything back and they sounded really good.

Bass is better than the stock system, high end is MUCH BETTER. I can almost run the EQ flat on my stereo and get nice sound. They play nice and loud through my Alpine in dash stereo and no external amp. With a subwoofer it would be a pretty awesome system as they tend to buzz a bit at very high levels with lots of bass. My guess is they go down to about 50 Hz or so. They will not THUMP but you will crystal clear highs, nice midrange and some nice bass at moderate levels

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green
on October 25, 2015
So far they sound good. They were not supposed to fit my 2015 elantra. But you have to be smarter than the things you are working with. The stock speakers are made of plastic and the center part can be cut out and the pile 6.5's will fit rght in. Custom!
review image
on March 4, 2015
Good budget speakers for $30. Easy install and comes with 2 crossovers and 2 tweets as well as the pair of woofers. The Yellow cone looks great, although it is hidden in my door.

The tweeters sound great, but I believe the crossover is giving them too much. they are very loud. The make of the tweeter casing is terrible. the entire case has fallen apart down in my dash and i can't find most the pieces. (this was after one drive) If you do get these then safe yourself the trouble and glue or duct tape ALL the seams because they will come apart very easily.

The woofers are average and nothing to boast about athough they are slightly better than factory speakers. The mid range is very high on these speakers which made my ears go numb on low volume until I turned the middle down to -5 on my receiver.

I am disappointed with my purchase and wish I spent a bit more money for a different pair.
on March 10, 2010
I have gone a bit over board but I am seting up a competition system in my 78 f-150. I purchased 4 sets of these so I'm using 2 mids and two tweeter in each door and 2 mids and two tweeters on the outer edges of my enclosure behind my seatI purchased 4 sets of these so I'm using 2 mids and two tweeter in each door and 2 mids and two tweeters on . I am powering them with a PYLE PLA4278 4 ch 2000 Watts Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier and let me tell you it sound incredable. Clarity all the way through the volume control of my Pyle PLD51MUBT 5-inch TFT Touch Screen using all the input control it has. 2 thumbs up
on April 26, 2016
Surprised by these pyle speaks....Im riding on a 94 nissan sentra with a Pioneer receiver, the receiver gives a great clear signal to these speaks but im mostly catching everything above 80Hz on em. Part of what I think is the problem is the stock wiring on the vehicle itself. Its 20 year old wiring running to the front and back, and probably needs a lil upgrade to push a lil more juice to em, but i wont go into that massive project. For tracks that are mid heavy they pound right and clear, and the tweets are sonically clear for being considered SH!!TTY equipment in the car audio world.

I have my pioneer receiver's SLA set at +1, and the HPF settings at 80Hz: -12.....and its running a pretty clear sound to em and just picking up at anything up to 80HZ.

U need to really round these out with a subwoofer....plan on going with JL Audio's TW5-2 or TW5-4 shallow subs to complement them in the near future.
on January 2, 2013
These are really awesome sounding speakers.
I built folded horn cabinets for mine.
Can not complain about the sound or
the fantastic price.
review image review image
on October 9, 2015
Better than I expected. This was not my first choice for speakers but they were way better than stock. Connected them to a Pioneer NEX 6000. Wow. Big difference in sound. Placed these in the front doors of my Crew Cab. And Pyle 3 way's in the back. Makes for a good sound mix. Thinking of raising the tweeters higher though. Currently I placed them where the factory ones were in the doors. Think they would sound better in the window pillars!
on August 20, 2015
I installed these in the soundbar of my TJ. They sound pretty good. Certainly not high end acoustics, but not too shabby, either. I'm using a 300 watt amp, which most likely is only putting out 100 or so RMS, and starting around 3/4 max volume these speakers start to distort. I doubt they could handle anywhere near 400 watts, like advertised.

But, overall, they sound good and look good. Plus, you really can't beat the price.
on July 9, 2015
Hook it up with my 2002 Dodge Durango with a stock radio. Both crossovers that come with each set of speakers in the front doors don't work anymore. The 2 backdoor still work fine it's just the front ones that don't work anymore. I wonder if the seller can help me with that.