Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pyle Home PSR6 Waterproof Shower Clock Radio
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 10, 2014
I got it, put new batteries in and it worked... in my living room. After 1 use in the shower it no longer works. Here are some points to consider:

Size - First, its smaller than you expect. Imagine how big you THINK its going to be, then shrink that by about 43% and then when you open the box you'll still be surprised as to how small it actually is.

Buttons - Why do they make the buttons so small and hard to turn on shower radios? I mean its usually pretty wet in the shower so
your fingers are already slippery, then they make the buttons really hard to turn.

My recommendation- I'd say the perfect customer for this product would be someone who likes the IDEA of having a very small radio hanging in their shower, BUT doesn't actually want to listen to the radio in the shower. Also maybe someone who is very wealthy and could buy a case of these at a time and dispose of them after a single use and replace it with a new one. That might work.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2013
I have no major complaints about my shower radio. It gets the stations that I like; I can turn it up while I'm in the shower and still hear the music with no problem. The only complaint is the clock is not accurate at all. I had to set it twice and for some reason it stays on 10:19. But other than that no complaints.
on June 7, 2013
Works as described, use for about a month by now, nothing wrong so far, the reception is good as well as waterproofing.

The clock is black and white with no light which would be actually nice to have

One year later update - just stopped working, suddenly... Was not hit or dropped or watered or anything
on November 13, 2013
Amazon's white background tricked me again. This thing is palm sized, not head sized like that tiny showering model would suggest. Either that or i have giant hands. ANYWAY it picks up my wife's station and has so far survived some steamy showers. I like Pyle as a brand and this is another reason to buy them. Mine does not light up blue i will note though.
on February 20, 2014
I purchased this shower radio because was looking for something affordable that I could listen to music, and keep track of time on, while I get ready for work, and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly...until it arrived.

The pros:

- It's a waterproof clock radio that you can program the time and date into, with a clear display.
- There is a hook and a string for multiple hanging options.
- It's a very simple design.
- It's not bulky at all, so it's easy to find a spot to hang it, without risking damaging anything.
- The radio isn't ridiculously fancy, but it is loud enough to enjoy what you're listening to, over the shower running, without sounding like total crap.

The cons:

- There isn't enough of a "hook" to the hook, so it does leave the radio at risk of falling off of whatever you might hook it to; I actually use the string, rather than the hook, because I'm afraid that if it hits the shower floor, it'll disintegrate...
- The knob for the volume, which is also the knob to turn the radio on and off, is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to move while your hands are wet because the knob is extremely small with nothing to grip. The knob is made of polished plastic, and the grooves in it aren't nearly big enough to give you the ability to make the knob turn because it's exceptionally tight from the rubber gasket that keeps it "waterproof"...making it ungodly frustrating to operate...IN THE SHOWER. I have to use the handle end of a rubber grip toothbrush to turn it on and off, it's literally that ridiculously tight.

In addition...the radio I personally received resets the time and date, every single time I turn the radio on and off. I contacted the seller to notify them of the problem, to which they happily responded that they would refund my money, or send me another radio, granted that I paid for priority shipping, with tracking, out of pocket...which is completely unacceptable to me. In my opinion, if you run a business, and you sell someone a defective product, you should cover the costs of a refund/return completely...why should I have to pay for something that I didn't break???

I'll be doing business elsewhere in the future...purchase at your own risk.
on July 19, 2013
Sound quality is very good enough for in the shower. Perfect size, and you can move it around because of the carry arm it has, you can hang it on your shower caddy. And it came in 2 days. I am very happy with it.
on November 20, 2013
A nice new gift for the granddaughters. They like the one we have in our shower ,so we got one for them.
on May 30, 2016
I honestly bought this just for the clock, which turned out to be so small that it was nearly unreadable. I could live with squinting, but then I realized that it doesn't actually keep accurate time. After about two weeks, the time is about 20 minutes fast. By four weeks, it's 30 minutes fast. Just so I could provide a full review, I went ahead and turned on the radio. No sound came out, but it did reset the clock to 12:00 AM. I wish I was making this up.
I threw it away.
on October 29, 2013
Others have complained about the size of the radio. The size of the radio is adequate for its purpose, and matches the product description (although I can see how in one's mind's eye one envisions the main body being 5-1/2" rather than the whole thing including the hook). I also wish it had an on-off button instead of having to turn the volume knob. It doesn't take that much coordination because the volume knob is ribbed, but it's still more convenient to leave the volume where I want it and just quickly mash a button to turn it on or off. But the MAJOR FAIL is that this is marketed as a SHOWER radio and the hook is too small to go over a standard SHOWER rod! I make do by hanging it off one of the curtain rings but (a) not everyone's shower curtain has curtain rings these days (b) it means I can't just keep it in place; I hang it up once I have the curtain closed and take it back down before I open the curtain. I wouldn't trust it not to fall off if I kept it there while moving the curtain. I guess they envision hanging it from a shower caddy or something, but if I hang it there, the noise of the shower comes between me and the radio and is much harder to hear. When this radio dies, as all cheap shower radios eventually do, I will be looking for a different model.

Update: Like everything, it got statickier and statickier to the point that battery changes didn't help, and then I got another one, which was worse. So I'm back to this one again (hadn't thrown it out yet). It is a needy little beast. If I am right next to it, the reception is ok. If I move away from it, it nothing but loud static. So I have to carry it with me from the shower to the sink, put up with bouts of static when I do something wild and crazy like turn away from the sink to use a face towel, and most definitely have to remember to turn it off when I step out of the room.

Suggestions welcome for something that actually works. Years ago I had a cheap round Conair that lasted for a couple of years. What Conair sells now is as bad as the rest.
on January 20, 2014
In the spirit of 'you get what you pay for,' this is a good buy. I've had one for around 6 years, and the volume pot just went out, so I'm in the market for something new. The LED display for the clock quit long ago, but I didn't get it to keep track of the time while in the shower. I live in the sticks, and this little radio picked up AM stations just fine. In fact, the analog dial picks up lots of stations, and the speaker quality is way better than I expected. It's also been easy on batteries. The one thing I'm not too fond of is the volume pot. It is not very easy to turn off and on, especially for someone with arthritis. But overall, I'd say go for it. It gets the job done without breaking the bank.