5.0 out of 5 stars excellent little all in one unit
Customer Video Review     Length:: 7:01 Mins
Published on January 18, 2012 by lpguyforever

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful with this product - Updated with new info
I was excited to receive this, but the CD player didn't work. I returned it with no problem. The replacement arrived promptly and the CD player on that also didn't work. My internet service went out and I just got it back on, but now it's too late to get a full refund. I am not happy.

I must now eat my words though happily. For some reason, after I posted...
Published on February 4, 2013 by Eva

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent little all in one unit, January 18, 2012
This review is from: Pyle Home PTCDS5U Vintage Turntable with CD/Cassette/Radio/Aux-In/USB/SD/MP3 and Vinyl to MP3 Encoding(Black) (Electronics)
Length:: 7:01 Mins

Okay this is my video review of the pyle home PTCDs5U. It is basically an all in one sound system which has virtually every kind of playing device imaginable. All the way from Lp's and casettes to mp3. For a bedroom or living room this has adequate sound power. I am impressed by all the features- even 1/8 jack or usb for your mp3. Quality of build is above expectations- in a matt black wood with a sort of 20s-30s vintage look. Radio dial even moves like an old time player. I am back to playing my lps again- very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet effective and attractive, January 13, 2012
Darin M. White (Washington State) - See all my reviews
I couldn't be happier so far with this purchase. Despite the small internal speakers, the volume and quality of sound is more than ample to fill our 2 bedroom apartment and probably annoy the upstairs neighbor on occasion. It is no thumper, and it lacks the fullness an audiophile would crave- but for the money and size it is sufficient.If you wanted a be-all end-all system, you wouldn't be looking at this happy little thing anyhow, you would be over in Sony or Jensen building a piece-by-piece rack system. My intent here is value for the dollar - and between the media options offered and the quality of the device, this was a good buy.

It is getting hard to find a quality vinyl player these days that has more to offer than just the turntable itself. This unit covers all the major media bases. I have not used the conversion to mp3 yet, but that was a big plus in my consideration. Get that vinyl onto digital so you can have the good old stuff everywhere you go without repurchasing it. Don't let your musical roots fade away with the media it is stored on - RIAA be damned (literally).

The only con I have found so far is a double edged sword - while the ability to tune in AM/FM stations is lacking a bit due to its manual nature (the tuner is the white oval you see in the image) - that is also a good part of it's charm - it is a mix of old school and modern, and it does so in a classy manner. I would sooner have that white oval manual tuner than a second digital display (such as the one below it which is the control display for CD's and USB device folders).

Good device, I would give it 5 stars but it would have to deliver above dollar value to rate a 5th one. It does great at being what it is - but more speakers (perhaps side mounted) and a fuller quality would have gotten that 5th one nailed down.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD Player Opens with, December 21, 2012
ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO IS HAVING CD PLAYER PROBLEMS. ALL YOU NEED IS TO SWITCH THE BUTTON IN THE BACK FROM 220 TO 110 THEN IT WILL WORK (OR VICE VERSA)!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, November 24, 2012
I was very pleased with the Pyle PTCDS5U stereo. It did everything I wanted, play music from my flash drives, micro SD cards, cassettes, records, CD's, and from the AM/FM radio. I really don't understand the poor feedback people give because they are not satisfied with the sound from the internal speaker. If you want better sound, just plug this unit into external speakers. I don't see the big deal. I'm just glad I can finally play all of my music media with one small compact unit instead of separate components for everything.

I was disappointed to find out that this unit only plays records at 33 1/3 and 45 RPM speeds. I neglected to check on the record speeds as I figured since this was a newer model than the Pyle PTCDS2UI, it would still have the ability to play records at 78 RPM speed. The Pyle PTCDS2UI also has a dock to play music from your iPhone or iPod. I'm just not sure why a newer model would have less than the previous model.

This unit also comes with a remote control, which really comes in handy when you are playing tons of music from your flash drives in the USB port. The remote and the unit itself has buttons to allow you to skip to the next song or skip to the next folder of music on your flash drive. It comes with instructions on how to get started with the unit but it was pretty easy setting everything up and using it. Overall, I am very glad I bought this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful with this product - Updated with new info, February 4, 2013

I must now eat my words though happily. For some reason, after I posted my review I decided to read reviews from happy purchasers of this product. One poster hipped me to the fact that a switch in the back of the unit might be responsible for the CD player not working. Lo and behold, flipping the switch is all that it took.

I will now be keeping it after all. I am extremely happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 2, 2012
Angela (Houston, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
I'm no expert, but I absolutely love this record player. It looks even better in person, and I love the old style mixed in with the new. I can even hook it up to my Bose mini sound system and it sounds great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Zero Stars, POS, Couldnt be more annoyed, December 15, 2012
Absolute waste of my time. On the first unit the LCD display didn't work, the CD player didn't open and one of the speakers was already shot. I returned it only to discover that the replacement had the same issues, except both speakers actually worked this time. Im not giving them a third chance. Two defective units in a row doesn't bode well for the longevity of this product even if it actually worked to begin with. I read other reviews like this one before i bought it warning to stay away and I wish I listened. I was trying to save money with this because similar units start at roughly $400, but it is not worth the corners they cut. I wont be back to Pyle any time soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars LP lovers rejoice., April 25, 2012
My wife has a large LP collection and this all-in-one does the job. Previous reviews mention the size, and they were correct that it's a perfect size. It can play anything but an 8 track, which is why I highly recommend it. Speakers could be better, but overall I'm satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT!, August 20, 2012
s. hensley (United States) - See all my reviews
Well, all i can say is....if you have one of these and it actually works the way it's supposed to....count yourself lucky! I got mine today and it will not read ANY of my cd's! I've tried 20 different cd's, store-bought and cd's i've burned myself, and this unit will not read ANY of them! The record player and tape player both work ok. The auxilary option will play your ipods but the play-back volume is quite low, even at the highest settings (this also goes for the phonograph playback). My advice? Stay away.....there's about a 50% chance you will get a defective unit.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, May 3, 2012
I received this item in a very timely fashion...However, after one successful use, it ceased to function at all...the jive unit wouldn't even turn on...As always, Amazon was most helpful, but I was extremely disappointed at the turn out of all this...Ordering a different unit all-together this time...hopefully with much better results...