Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 24, 2010
I bought this: Lewis N. Clark WaterSeals standard Waterproof MP3 or IPOD pouch. I've read reviews for all of the waterproof headphones available on Amazon, and I was unsatisfied by what I could obviously see were design flaws in other headphones, even in the $50 and up range. I took a chance on these, and I'm glad I did. I'll break it down by waterproofing, comfort, and sound.

The headphones come with four sets of in-ear cups. Three of those are small, medium, and large triple-sealed cups obviously for in water use. There is also a pair of regular in-ear cups for listening outside water. I used the small cups, which still seemed a little big, but they made an excellent seal. Doing things I normally did in water that might dislodge them, I was surprised to find that they stayed put and stayed sealed. Even moving my jaw, or lightly pulling on the cords, I didn't unseal them. The over-ear bendable plastic helped significantly - the phones were not pulled by drag or anything else away from my ear. I'm sure if I were to tug on them, I would dislodge them, but I try to avoid this with any waterproof headphone because doing so often compromises their waterproofing, and they can get permanently damaged in the water.

Another difference between these and the standard triple-seal phones is comfort. You can't really call anything comfortable that's lodged in your ear canal, but these come close to comfort. The plastic is soft and near-malleable, and the edges are thin, instead of thick and blunt. There are slightly noticeable mold lines (where the seam of the two molds used to create the cup come together), but these did nothing to irritate my ears. By comparison, the design of the Lewis & Clark earphones is downright sadistic. There is only one size of ear cup, and the plastic is harder and excruciatingly painful in the ear.

The sound, I was happy to find, is quite excellent. Because of the seal, I couldn't really find a perfect balance of highs and lows in my ear (I suspect it has something to do with the air pressure), but it's a price I'm very willing to pay for the great seal. I set my equalizer on my mp3 player, and everything sounded great.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with these earphones. The value for the price is amazing. Don't waste your money on those $50 and up earphones; these ones do fine. The only thing is, they're not perfectly comfortable. I can't give five stars for something that still hurts my ear to use, as I have a pair of non-waterproof Panasonic earphones that are like wearing nothing on my ears. Comfort is a big deal to me, and these are slightly painful to wear. But I suspect that the cups are shaped the way they are in order to make a seal, which they do very well.

A few words of caution: I have not taken these to any depths. I usually swim on the surface of the water, and my last pair of headphones did not respond well to being taken even three feet underwater. Because I am so satisfied with these, I didn't risk going lower than the surface. If you're a diver, or an underwater swimmer, I don't suggest listening to music underwater with any sort of earphones.

Secondly, you'll want to rinse anything you use in chlorinated or seawater thoroughly with distilled water after every use, to prolong their lifespan. Make sure they are unplugged, and make sure they are fully dry before their next use.
1111 comments| 294 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 11, 2011
I purchased these headphones to use with my Waterfi iPod shuffle (which is awesome btw). The sound quality isn't amazing (I would not choose them over my day to day headphones when listening to music outside the water); but honestly, you don't really notice the slight decrease in sound quality after being in the water a few minutes. I have found that they stay in my ears pretty well with vigorous lap swimming even when my swim cap is not pulled down all the way. I discarded the plastic attachments as they were uncomfortable, and I have been fine without them. Given that they come with about 4-5 different size/shape ear-bud fits I would recommend them to anyone looking for a "good" waterproof head phone.

*Manufacturer Please Read This"

The reason I am not giving these headphones 5 stars is due to the cord being way , way too long for most practical purposes that people would use waterproof headphones for. Think about it: for water sports you don't want to create drag by having cords hanging about, and people are usually attaching them to devices on the back of their goggles (especially for swimming) or on their upper arm. So why do you need 3.5-4 feet of cord in headphones that are advertised to use for water sports?!? Right now, the most laborious part of my pre-swim workout routine is winding the damn cord of these headphones around and around and around and around my goggle straps till it's not flailing about anymore. I like these headphones, but as soon as another company is smart enough to make a pair with swimmers in mind by having a shorter cord I will re-evaluate my customer loyalties.
44 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2012
Once you find the correct tip use super glue to hold the tip to the bud. Also if you use liquid electrical tape on the point where the wire fits the bud it will last longer. Three months use is about normal. I still buy them as they are the best I have ever had. I swimm one hour + per day.
on October 1, 2010
I'd been looking for headphones to use while lap swimming as the ones i were using, which worked great for years, were finally coming apart and I have no idea who made them. I bought these after first trying the much more expensive RMKF headphones, which got better reviews on Amazon. RMKF Black waterproof in-ear hi-fi earphone with Black head for ipod mini nano video classic touch MP3 player iphone 3G new + extra blue earbud and + 2 sets inear-earbud + Clip on earphone
To me the hands-down best phones for lap swimming are these Pyle's. They're even better than my old ones which I loved. Why?
1. They stay in. The ear loops are really nice. I was skeptical at first, but they are comfortable and keep any small accidental tugs on the cord while swimming from pulling the phones out.
2. They sound really good
3. OMG the price! I paid a couple dollars more than the other reviewers, i guess the price went up, but it is so worth it!! The RMKF's we're 3 times as much and junk.
If you are going to swim laps and want to enjoy your music, get these first!!
on September 23, 2011
I've been using these phones for about two months now, and so far, I've been pretty happy with them. I use them with the WaterFi Waterproof iPod shuffle clipped to the back of my goggles, and take them into the pool with me four times a week. So far, they've been pretty darn good. I removed the earpieces, and use a Velcro cable tie to bundle the cable to the back of my goggles when I swim.

I have large ear canals, so I used the largest triple-baffle rubber tips. They do a very good job of staying in my ears and keeping water out. They are a little tight and a touch uncomfortable, but not enough to be distracting. I would never use these buds out of the water, but I have found they do a better job than any of the other buds I've tried in keeping the water out of my ear canal, which is the biggest factor in sound quality for underwater buds. The triple baffles also do a very good job of blocking out the water noise.

The fit of the rubber tips is so tight that I have also experienced getting having the tip come off the ear bud and get stuck in my ear. I have always been able to remove the tip with my finger, but I did take the advice of other reviewers and throw a pair of dime store tweezers in my gym bag just in case. After having used several other ear buds, I would much rather have the improved water tightness and sound quality in exchange for the possibility of the rubber tip coming off in my ear on occasion.

In terms of sound quality, these are decent. I listen to audiobooks and podcasts when I swim rather than music (they do a better job of distracting me from the fact that I'm exercising) so I don't have insight into basses and trebles, but the speech quality is pretty good...certainly the best of any of the waterproof earbuds I've tried, but not at the same caliber as, say, my recording studio headphones. Quite frankly, the sound of water rushing past your ears will do more to ruin the sound than anything the headphones could be capable of. So, all things considered, I don't imagine you'll get much better quality sound with the current technology.
on February 25, 2013
BE FOREWARNED: WARRANTY SERVICE REQUIRES A PAYMENT OF $20 for "return shipping, handling and insurance." This is tucked away in very small print on the warranty sheet that comes with the headphones. Please see the photo that I uploaded to Amazon. The $20 warranty fee comes on top of the cost of shipping the headphones back to the company.

Obviously, the $20 warranty fee is outrageous. Let's break this down:

1. Shipping: USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box is sufficient in terms of size and weight. Cost: $5.80 (as of February, 2013).
2. Handling: Why should you have to pay this company for "handling" when they shipped you defective headphones in the first place?
3. Insurance: Really? For a $15 pair of headphones? C'mon.

BOTTOM LINE: Given the cost of these headphones, THERE IS EFFECTIVELY NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER.

I avoid buying a product made any company that would maintain such a policy.
on October 13, 2010
These earphones are very poorly designed. They have decent sound, and they are waterproof. The problem is that the earpieces come disconnected from the earphones very easily, leaving the earpieces behind in the ear canal. Fishing the earpieces out of the ear canal can be very difficult. Be warned.
on October 30, 2011
I received these and found they worked well in the pool. However, the second time I used them, the in ear potion of the ear bud came unattached when I attempted to remove the ear buds at the end of the swim leaving it stuck in my ear. I would not use this product.
on September 20, 2011
I used the H20 earbuds and they failed miserably. After a year of trying I just gave up on them (I mean I really tried to feel the love...). Though the other H20 non-earbud products are awesome (and I highly recommend them).

I can go 30 laps with the Pyle PWPE10B Marine Sport Waterproof In-Ear earbuds and they don't fall out. The secret is to wear a swimming cap that covers top of your ears.

Sound quality is not as good as the H20 earbuds, but then it's a choice:
- constantly fiddling with the H20 earbuds but nice quality sound
- or, average nothing special sound but 100% confidence they'll stay in through an entire work out.

Enjoy!
on August 12, 2010
I was fascinated by the fact that the sound on these is so much better underwater than above. The sound isn't super fabulous, but it's good enough for the purpose. I finally figured out which size to wear to stay in my ears, which helped quite a bit, but I still had to put my goggles strap over the top part of my ears to hold the outter ear part on.

I wore these a few times swimming and then the sound started going out on one side. It was still there, but not nearly as loud. If I tapped the phone it would come back in loud and clear. Then the next time the other side did it. The last time I swam one side went completely out and never came back. I had them and used them a few times a week for about 6 weeks and now I am shopping for replacements.

These are not very expensive, so if you are not going to use them too often, they work well, but if you are looking for a long lasting product you may want to keep looking.