Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change

on November 2, 2013
As I demonstrate in the video, this microphone can have excellent quality or horrible quality depending on what device it's connected to. I don't know enough about audio to know if the devices themselves are to blame, or the microphone. In any case, it gets 4 stars because it works well for my uses and the price is good. Stay tuned - the audio tests are near the end of the video.
2424 comments|593 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
We bought the Pyle-Pro Lavalier Wireless Microphone System for use with the Pyle Pwma230. We needed an extra wireless mic for our workshop presenters and this was a very inexpensive choice. For the price, this worked a lot better than I expected but it did take some adjustment to the "Trim Screw" on the receiver to get the clarity and range needed. We also had to tape the little wire antenna up so it wasn't hanging in front of the speaker (this might not be an issue for you, depending on where you plug yours in).

There are a lot of very expensive wireless mic units that I'm sure would provide better sound and range, but this one works just fine for our uses.

Overall, a good value for the low cost of this unit.
1111 comments|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2012
PROS:
- It is a wireless mic system that works from 30 feet away (thats as much as I have tested)
- Its $15
- Audio is pretty good (7.5/10)
- Its $15

CONS:
- The Audio comes in a little hot or lacks treble, but I think that's the mic
- The included mic is subpar, but works ok
- It has a 1/4th in jack
- Included batteries are s**t
- To get any audio, you have to have the volume at 100%

I am using it with a Nikon D5100, and it works fine on the auto audio setting. The reason that this mic system might not work for some people is that it operates on an extremely low frequency (114-116MHz), which is public spectrum, so there is a chance that something (more powerful) will interfere with the signal. It's a low power wireless mic system for $15. If you want something that will work 100% of the time at 100% sound quality, go by a Sennheiser or Audio Technica PRO88W-R35
on February 25, 2015
I bought this microphone to make educational videos using my Iphone 5s. I did not want to spend $100 on a wireless mic, so thought I would give this a shot. The microphone works great for the price!

I see some people complaining about the plastic and material quality. For $10, it's great.

Some notes of interest:
-The transmitter for the microphone appears to only accept one band plugs.
-To make it work with your Iphone 4 or 5, you need an adapter. Sadly I tried three on Amazon and none of them worked. I was actually about to give up. Then I found this Guitar/Bass to Iphone converter and it worked great! Here is a link:
Docooler Black Guitar Bass to Apple iPhone iPad iPod Touch Music Converter Adapter (Black2)

To complete you set up, take a look at this Iphone grip, stand, and wireless control. It's cheap and works great. Now you can hit record and with the remote and record everything wireless.
ChargerCity® Selfie Photo Booth Kit w/Multi-Use Handheld Pistol Grip 1/4-20 Tripod Camera Handle Mount, Bluetooth Wireless Remote Shutter Control & Universal Smartphone holder compatible w/ Apple iphone 6 Plus 5S 4S 4 Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 2 3 4 ...
review image
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2012
Well, this is quite the gizmo!

I am a nerd when it comes to audio equipment, and this is such a find for me.

Lightweight, simple, quality audio presented.

This unit captures voices well for a lapel microphone. From a distance of 8 to 10 inches below the chin, the response is equal to that of a hand held microphone. I mic up guests with this so they do not have to think about turning towards the microphone while speaking. The receiver links without delay.

This is definitely a five star microphone-transmitter.
44 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2008
I have only been using this for about 2 weeks. I have had no problems with it. It delivers clear undistorted sound on both the A & B channels. I have only used it in ranges of 20 to 30 feet and cannot comment on longer ranges. I do wish it had a transmitter volume control which I was surprised it lacked. I have to do any volume adjustments at the PA device. For the price, I think they could have added that, but I am content with the product.
55 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2008
I just bought 3 units for my Professional D.J. Service. Me and my partner tested these units yesterday and I walked around our office and went on the other side of the Cement Wall Garage and had crystal clear reception. The DJ system we were using was setup inside of our office. I am very pleased with this unit, as I have PylePro Amplifiers that have been very good to me for the last several years. My only complaint is the "String Antenna" is very fragile. Be very careful with it because once you rip the antenna the entire unit is junk. Overall I am satisfied and look forward to using these units at my next wedding on the 19th!
33 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2011
I ordered this for my grandson's DJ'ing business, and he LOVES it! Works well at distances, and at the same time low at feed back, overall WELL DONE PYLE PRO!
on March 6, 2015
I ordered mine with the intent of greatly improving the quality of recorded audio for video work. My observations thus far are...

#1. The device doing the recording has as much to do with the quality of the sound as the mic.
#2. This thing like any other TS mono mic, is painful to adapt to a smart phone for recording. Possible, but painful. Recordings taken using a home brewed 1/4 TS to 3.5mm TRRS adapter were okay. But it is obvious mic gain was set way too high. No gain knob on the phone you know!
#3. Plugged into a 1/4" input on my mixer, and gain adjusted properly, this thing is crystal clear, with good tonal reproduction of my somewhat baritone voice. Tested reception up to 50' away through 3 walls and still crystal clear strong audio.

The housing and the tiny gauge wire antenna seem particularly cheaply made, but are holding up so far. Don't be a Gorilla with it and I think you are fine. At least that's what I have found so far... Time will tell if it will hold up, but so far it is doing a good job, and at the price tag, it was worth the gamble...
on February 26, 2015
Despite reviews, I decided to give these a chance and honestly I am impressed.

As other reviewers have noted, the batteries that come with it are complete no-names and shouldn't be trusted. That said, mine were intact and worked fine for the purposes of the test. Also, I am not sure what the target audience of a 1/4" output is, but in most cases an adapter is going to be required. Overall, I am ok with that. I ended up with a 6" corded adapter that I can attach to the tripod. This should reduce stress on my camera's microphone port.

Additionally, as other reviewers have said, the quality of these appears to be dependent on application. I tried one on two systems: A standard audio amp and a Nikon D7000. The audio amp I had to turn up the gain on the Pyle sending unit quite a bit, but after that it worked OK. I would not use the "volume" adjustment as such, think of it as gain. In that way, I was able to suss out the max gain before I started getting distortion. After that, it seemed to work pretty well.

On the D7000 I actually had quite a few problems at first. First off, the Nikon appears to have a very sensitive microphone input OR is expecting a completely un-amplified signal. In either case, I turned the microphone sensitivity in the camera from AUTO (default setting) to LOW. Then, I did the same trial and error with the Pyle "volume" knob until I got an acceptable signal without distortion. I did not get it perfect but with more time I believe I could have.

I only did a small range test and I was pretty impressed. The microphone transmitted from one side of my house (about 50-75ft) to the other without problems. This was including several plaster walls and some stairs. Individual results may vary.

The moral of this story is these are not plug and play. You are going to have to do 30+ min of sound checks before you get anything close to good results. That said, I expect this is the case with most wireless microphones... so I am not bothered. The need for an adapter is a little annoying, but the whole system (new batteries + adapter + mic) was still less than $20.

UPDATE: After sitting (off) on my desk for a couple of weeks, I fired this up again and it doesn't work. Also, apparently you can't use more than one of these at the same time. Absolute junk.