Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM

style: 2 x 8 Foot Stand|Change

on October 2, 2010
I needed an alternative to mounting my projector; I didn't want to mount it to the ceiling and wall mount was out of the question (see my pic above). After much price comparisons and searching, I settled upon the Pyle PSTND2. IMO, it's well worth the money. The tripod is built very well and it's strong and sturdy. I bought mine from another site for $8 cheaper than here and the total with shipping was around $33. If you're looking for a tripod, doesn't hesitate on this one. You'll find similar styles that cost $20 to $100 more than this but I bet you they're made by the same company in China.

As a side bar, I was going to mount my projector to my old camera tripod. I bought a 6' aluminum extension pipe/bar and the ODYSSEY LATSA1 mounting hardware to go along with it. The aluminum bar ended up being too big to fit in the camera tripod and the ODYSSEY LATSA1 was too big for the aluminum bar! I ended up scrapping that project and bought the PSTND2 to go along with the LATSA1. I'm really glad that I went with the PSTND2 as it's very sturdy and BIG, unlike that camera tripod I was going to use. That thing would have tipped over had I used it. I really don't have to worry with the PSTND2 tipping, unless my cat gets crazy and tries to use it as a scratching post (she better not!).
review image review image
1010 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2015
After a few light uses, the knob which tightens the tripod legs stripped, rendering the stand useless and dangerous. The stand will no longer support any weight, as the legs want to close. At first, their responses were quick, but then I had to send an email a day to warrant a response. Even though PYLE has a 1 year warranty, they will only do the repairs if I ship them the stand (at my cost) and provide them with a $20 prepaid return label (again at my cost). Do not buy this stand. Do not buy from PYLE, a company that "sort-of" has a warranty.

I ATTACHED OUR CONVERSATION BELOW... PLEASE START AT THE BOTTOM.

That's a shame. PYLE service is awful. Another funny thing is the fact that their site only allows positive reviews. I ran a test of 5 stars which went right through, but the real review (which I attached our conversation) did not. Well, at least that is not the case for 3rd party sites.
-Darren
4/8/2015 12:00:59 PM

That's all we can do
4/8/2015 9:21:27 AM
Agent

This is not an acceptable warranty model for your company. I bought the stands on Amazon sale for approximately $70.00. For one stand, for me to ship them too you (let's assume $15) and then pay for you to ship them back ($15), it is totally not worth it. We need to do better.

4/7/2015 6:57:58 PM
Agent
Your item has a full 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Please send it in to: Pyle Service Center 1600 63rd St. Brooklyn, NY 11204 Along with a letter explaining the issue in full detail to help our technician, including your return shipping information, and the receipt of purchase or customer invoice to show that the item is still under warranty. If the item is still under warranty, you will also need to include a prepaid shipping label or a $15 money order to cover the return shipping. If your purchase date is less than 30 days, we suggest you attempt exchange with your original vendor or retailer whenever possible, it may avoid you from any additional shipping fee's depending on your vendors return policy. If you have not been successful communicating with your vendor. We will honor our manufacturer's warranty service and repair. If received within 30 days from purchase we can waive the return shipping fees from our facility back to you.
4/7/2015 2:04:03 PM
Agent

I ordered these from Amazon in December. The return window has closed. Since the stand is well within the manufacturers warranty, it should be replaced. Please let me know how to get the stand replaced.

4/7/2015 11:29:22 AM
Agent
Im sorry we do not have this part. Please return to vendor for an exchange.

4/7/2015 9:50:58 AM
Agent
Hello? Pyle? Our relationship started off so promising, but it seems you've been ignoring me. Please attend to this ticket so that I do not have to turn into a crazy cat-lady ex-girlfriend type. I need a stand that works.

4/6/2015 9:57:37 AM
Checking up again on ticket #17674. Knob to tighten legs to stand stripped after a few uses. Started ticket 3/21. Last update was me adding picture. No response for 1 week.

4/2/2015 12:06:25 PM
Checking up again on ticket #17674

4/2/2015 12:04:46 PM
Update? I sent the picture in one week ago and have not heard anything. I need the replacement part or a new stand as the speaker stand is useless, and dangerous.

4/1/2015 11:52:15 AM
Agent
Can't see the damage. It is the plastic piece that the knob screws into.

3/25/2015 6:59:32 PM
Agent
Im sorry, please attach a pic of the damage. Im unable to locate the named part.

3/25/2015 5:47:19 PM
Attached is the invoice from Amazon. -D Smith
3/24/2015 10:21:25 AM

Agent
Please attach a copy of your sales invoice and we will put in a request with our Parts Department

3/23/2015 2:29:13 PM
Darren
Leg collar stripped. Used a few times. Needs to be replaced, stand is useless now.
3/21/2015 10:35:08 AM
review image
on January 9, 2007
This is a great package. The stands are sturdy and can support the heaviest speakers. The cables are good, but short (25'). Overall its a great buy.
on August 30, 2012
The Pyle-Pro tripod is a good, sturdy PA speaker stand. It didn't come with an adapter cap so make sure the hole in your speaker is right for the stand. PA speakers come primarily with 2 different size holes in the bottom. I think it's 1 3/8" and 1.5" / the Pyle-Pro I purchased is the smaller of the two. I bought the Pyle-Pro tripod as a stand for my TDK 3 Speaker Boombox. Unfortunately the hole in the bottom of the boombox is neither 1 3/8" OR 1.5". After later purchasing an adapter cap (to go to 1.5") for the Pyle-Pro, I learned that it now was too large and wouldn't fit the Boombox. I now have the tip of the tripod wrapped with electrical tape to insure the TDK 3 Speaker Boombox has a snug fit and doesn't wobble on the stand. I'm happy with the Pyle-Pro tripod stand and I'm happy with the TDK 3 Speaker Boombox, the two just don't work togeather adequately without some modification. Cool stereo but the tripod mount is just a novelty idea that wasn't thought out
on November 30, 2011
I'm a professional DJ. I ordered these to replace some worn out, older stands I had. First off, they don't collapse as short as other stands which makes transport more difficult. Second and more importantly, they are garbage! The rubber ring that allows the tightening knobs to work (why they use this system, I don't know) broke and fell out the first time I tried to use these. The price is enticing, but don't waste your money!
on October 30, 2015
After reading someone else's review I decided I try this out as a projector stand, given actual projector stands were (a) much more expensive and (b) didn't give me the height I needed. I have to say it worked out really well. This stand feels very solidly manufactured and is quite sturdy. Although the advertised height is 6 feet, you can "flip" the legs and get it to roughly 7 feet. (At this height it still feels sturdy but I would not put anything too heavy on top of it just in case.)

To repurpose the stand for projectors, I bought the Odyssey LATSA1 Speaker Followspot Adaptor For Tripods (~$10 on Amazon) and Source One Premium 1/4 Clear Acrylic PlexiGlass Sheet 12 x 12 Inches (~$13 on Amazon). (I also bought some self-gripping cable ties to clean up the wires.) The speaker adapter simply screws onto the top of the stand and I drilled holes into the PlexiGlass in order to attach it to the adapter with some nuts and bolts. You can also mount the projector directly onto the PlexiGlass depending on your model.

(I bought the ViewSonic PJD7820HD. I wasn't able to mount it directly to the PlexiGlass because the projector had to be right side up for me to do so and that gave me the wrong angle as the projector is designed to be upside down when near the ceiling. Instead, you can secure it with Velcro or small rubber non-slip pads, which I used. They also serve the dual purpose of adjusting the projector's angle when stacked.)

I've had this setup for a number of months now and it's worked quite well, especially given the cheap price.
review image review image
on January 18, 2010
Set arrived unbelievably quickly over Christmas. I chose standard shipping and I was advised it would arrive several days after Christmas. However the shipper sent it the day after I placed my order and it arrived just before Christmas. Excellent seller!
Only negative is the poles are scratched up. Doesn't look used, but looks damaged during Manufacture. No biggie, will touch up with black paint and all will be good.
Compared this set with same one on Ebay, the price on Ebay was MUCH higher. Go with this one.
on June 25, 2011
These are appealing because they are cheap, but they are really, really poorly built. There is a piece of plastic in the top of the stand (the part that is pushed against the stand to keep it elevated). They have all popped out, and can be easily put back in, but easily lost, rendering the stand basically worthless. Also there is a plastic sleeve in the base of the stand that always pops out, leading to an unbearable rattling stand.

We are a multiple system DJ company, and wanted a cheap speaker stand, but these are terrible. Spend ten dollars or and get Ultimate Support or something of at least decent quality.
on December 3, 2012
Despite heavy-duty being in the title of a product it usually isn't as advertised. It was a pleasant surprise to unpack these and set them up. I am using with Behringer 900 portable PA. The stands and bags are great. They are light for being heavy duty and easy to set up. If you are a one or two man show these work great and transport in the bag well.
on November 9, 2009
Starting a DJ enterprise on a budget, found these and they absolutely can't be beat for the price! I even used free shipping option and they were still here within 3-5 days. Awesome set for the price even without the included 1/4" cables. Would highly recommend, in fact, I ordered two more sets after the first order arrived!