5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size for Carrying Groceries on Your Bike
This product is a net made out of 1/4" bungee cord, with four hooks. The hooks are rubber coated, so they don't scratch, and they have flared tip covers so they won't snag fabrics.

Published on October 12, 2008 by Charles G.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but cheaply made
I used this as others have to secure small loads on my seat post bike rack. Its a great size for a bag of groceries and was very sturdy at first - no tipping or slipping.

Published on August 9, 2011 by lostatlimbo

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Size for Carrying Groceries on Your Bike, October 12, 2008
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)

The whole assembly weighs just under 4 ounces, and it collapses to about the size of a medium size vitamin bottle, so it's easy to carry everywhere in a backpack without taking up too much room.

This net is absolutely ideal for carrying groceries using your mountain bike rack. After trying it with a grocery sack that was half full and seeing that it holds the sack absolutely rock steady, I was ready to put it to the ultimate test. I used it to return from the grocery store about 2 miles away carrying one large doubled (one inside the other) paper grocery sack that was filled right to the top with very heavy items. It held 3 half gallons of milk, two 4 lb steak packages, and two large frozen vegetable packages - 25 lbs worth of food. I put the grocery bag on the mountain rack that is mounted above the rear tire. The net went over it easily without crushing anything, but held it securely upright over every bump. The groceries never budged. After using it for a year, however, sometimes, a grocery bag will tip. The net will hold it in place, so nothing will fall out, but be prepared to stop and remount the thing. It seems to happen about one out of twenty uses.

Should you get this or panniers? (Panniers are bags or soft sided baskets that hook over the sides of your mountain bike rack) With this, everything sits in the center of the bike, perfectly balanced, and it doesn't interfere with pedaling like panniers sometimes do. And face it, the price is right - it's a real bargain, even with the shipping charges, and I received it in 3 days from Bike World USA. Coupled with a large backpack that I use to hold another grocery bag worth of lighter items, I've stopped using my car for grocery shopping in the city of San Francisco.

However, if I think about it in advance, I tend to use panniers over this net. I don't have the one in twenty tipping problems with panniers and they are a bit easier and faster to get on and off. The benefit to this cargo net is twofold, however: it's a low price starting point to seeing if you want to start shopping with your bike. But more importantly, you can keep it handy in the back of your backpack all the time. With panniers, you have to plan ahead and carry them around. It has saved my behind on more than one occasion, either because I was out without panniers, I ran out of room in the panniers, or I just needed to take a jacket off and strap it to the bike. So even if you end up using panniers like I did, this won't be a wasted purchase. I still use my cargo net all the time. I carry it with me everywhere and if I lost it, I'd buy another one.

UPDATE 3/28/11: After 2.5 years, I lost one of the hooks. If you pull hard enough the wrong way, they'll come off and somehow I must have done that and I couldn't find it. And true to my word, I ordered another one the next day. Can't live without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike net, May 27, 2009
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)
A good replacement for bungee cords as long as your load is large enough. I find that I still need a smaller bungee cord for littler items.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but cheaply made, August 9, 2011
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)

After just two uses, the rubber tips on the hooks started slipping off. No biggie - just have to take more care not to puncture my reusable shopping bags. But after only 5-6 trips to the store, one of the cords snapped and is starting to unravel. I tried to tie it back together, but no luck. Now the net is loose and unusable for anything bulkier than a coat or pair of shoes.

I only used it for groceries like others have mentioned - no heavy duty wear and tear, nothing sharp. Maybe I just got a dud, but I already found a cheaper net (made by Delta - same quality brand as my rack), so this thing will go in the garbage after minimal use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indespensible for carrying stuff on bike, December 13, 2007
RupeBier (Brooklyn, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Great product .., I use my bike alot more these days not only as a mode of transportation but also as a utility vehicle as well.If you are like me always lugging stuff around on the bike; running to the store to pick up groceries or whatever; use this little, well-made 'netty thing'to secure the stuff inside the front or rear basket/rack.
It's elastic bungee netting & hooks will you give you peace of mind and a feeling of security that nothing is going to fall out on your journey..

5.0 out of 5 stars Secures your stuff to your rack, October 3, 2008
Scott Redd (Omaha, NE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)
Very simply, this bungie net does exactly what you'd think. It holds your stuff to the back rack on your bicycle without having to fuss with using multiple bungie cords. Since it's designed for a back rack on a bike, its shape is just what you need to secure your stuff at an excellent price. It works especially well for tying down oddly shaped loads.

The only thing I would change might be to add extra hooks to add more tie-down versatility and security.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality after lots of use, February 6, 2009
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)
I've owned this product for over two years. I'm writing this review because I just bought a second one.

Why I like it:
It's still completely intact. Nothing's ripped or torn yet. I use it to cover my groceries in a basket which sits on top of my rear rack.
It has 4 hooks that are permanently wrapped around the cords. The segments they wrap around are also double corded so there's more strength to prevent a cord break.

Why I don't like it:
There's nothing to put here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, September 9, 2008
arthurstone (Lancaster, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)
This net is much nicer and sturdier than the photo and price would suggest. Shipped super fast, too. Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cargo net does the job!, August 7, 2009
Marshall (Sacramento, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)
Initially I was going to install a large twin rear carrier Wald 535 Rear Twin Bicycle Carrier Basket (18 x 7.5 x 12) to accommodate my large briefcase and lunch bag during my commute. But that would have meant a permanent heavy fixture attached to the bike that would make simple pleasure rides less pleasurable. So instead I simply mounted a rear rack and got this cargo net to use when I commute. The net stretches to fit my needs, keeps my stuff secure and immobile, and I like the coated metal hooks better than the idea of nylon hooks found on other cargo nets.

The rack and cargo net combination has proved to be the better option for maximum versatility.

5.0 out of 5 stars add-on bungee hooks, July 6, 2009
Graham (Carmel, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)
Use small carabiners for additional hooks. Saw this mentioned on another net product and it sounded like a good idea to pass along.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to backrack, October 13, 2009
M. Kelly (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black (Sports)
This is a great item to have if you've got a backrack on your bike. I had been using bungee cords to try and rig groceries and other things to my backrack, but it was very difficult to keep everything stable. Not with this cargo net. Now I can load up on groceries and not have to worry about getting them home on my bike. The only slight negative is that the cargo net is big, so you really do need larger items to use it. This is well worth the money.

Bungee Cargo Net