Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$17.90+ Free shipping

on January 12, 2010
I bought one of these Pyramid woofers to replace the blown stock woofer in my BMW Z3 roadster. After 9 years the poly on the stock woofer had gotten brittle and disintegrated. I figured for $18 I would give this a try. In fact, I bought both this one and the $12 Pyramid woofer just to see which I liked better. First the pros. This woofer is built solidly and has a fairly heavy magnet. It will also mount in shallow spaces easily, like the 2.8 inch between-the-seat box on the Z. It handled most music just fine, but it really started to show why it's only a $18 Chinese speaker when you pushed it a little bit. With the bass turned up 1/2 way, and the volume on pretty loud, this speaker struggled with strong bass notes, popping and fluttering instead of punching. I was forced to turn down the bass, volume, or both if I didn't want to live with the issue. Today I replaced the Pyramid with a Kicker CVT65 shallow mount woofer and I couldn't be happier. It handles everything the Pyramid couldn't, and does it with grace and accuracy. For only $40 more, the Kicker is a much, much better woofer.

Bottom line, this is NOT a great woofer. Not even close. However, if you don't demand much from your woofer you really can't beat this for only $18. If your taste leans more to "Disturbed" than talk radio, you'll want to avoid this and look for something that's more up to the task.
review image review image review image
77 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2014
Replaced the factory Harmon Kardon subwoofer in my 2000 BMW M Roadster with this driver. Most people advise that you spend $60 on something much higher end. Others go the route of replacing the factory enclosure altogether, spending upwards of $800, and that's with a "group buy" discount! This speaker is performing quite well so far. I'm not asking much of it, just keeping reasonable/normal volume and bass levels but it's just right, in my opinion.
on September 21, 2012
The woofer looks feels and even played well. But unfortunately doesn't handle the power it claims. It tapped out on day three. Oh well not much money loss. Heck for the price I try it again.
on November 17, 2013
great price for this powerful little subwoofer, if you are limited in space for a 10" or 12" sub, I am driving this with a mono class d amp rated at 1100 watt and even though I don't listen to music that loud it really sounds clear and sharp.
on April 14, 2011
So first of all, as the info states this is a 6"subwoofer. Subwoofers are not designed to give high frequency tones such as tweeters. Also a subwoofer is not a rear speaker. A subwoofer is an addition to a system typically added with an amp.

I replaced a stock 6" subwoofer in a 95 eddie bauer explorer with this one after my wife decided to blow the stock one out. Ok so it happens. She felt bad. (Btw the explorer is my second vehicle). So I installed this one. I was surprised that the holes lined up near perfectly. Sounds good. The stock speaker worked a little better, but then again, that speaker was designed as a system with the rest of the vehicle.

So if your looking at building a award winning audio system, then you need something bigger than 6". if your replacing a stock subwoofer, then great.
on September 9, 2012
These "subs" are really nothing more than 6 inch plain old speakers. I put them in a small sealef box that is sold here on Amazon. The box and a pair of coaxial 6.5 round speakers might sound pretty good, but as a sealed sub box, it is totally lacking. I think if I were to try 6.5 subs again, I'd go with nothing less than some Kickers.
on December 16, 2013
I was kinda skeptical about buying this sub but I was very happy with my purchase. It was small and compact like I had hoped for and it packs enough punch for what I wanted it for. I'm building a small box to put in the trunk of my Yamaha R6. It's small enough to do so. Almost like a car door speaker. Still had a nice kick to it even when I used a 400watt 4-channel marine Pyle amp. Wasn't even at its full potential and it put out a nice thump with a 1inch excursion at 100watts. I would recommend this to anyone who'd like to buy this product as a replacement or even a project piece. Worth the time and money. I will definitely be buying this again for my next bike project.
on December 19, 2011
The Pyramid PW677X 6-Inch 300 Watt Subwoofer looks very good and also has a very solid contruction, I installed it as a replacement for a Home Theater Subwoofer and it make a great deep bass sound. Last night I notice a little vibration when the bass where really deep, I will check what is going on, I think there is something that is not tight. Thank You...
on September 8, 2012
I installed this 6" subwoofer in my "Beats audio" setup on my PC.. Works really great for a small sub. I'm not driving it too hard, so I have hardly any distortion. Lower frequencies sound pretty solid. Nice little sub for the price.
on September 5, 2010
I currently use these speakers in the back ("bed") of my Jeep CJ-7 (now called a Wrangler). They replaced a set of "marine grade" speakers that were supposedly waterproof, but rusted within a year. The Pyramid speakers have been problem free for about 8 months so far and show no signs of slowing down.

These speakers continue to perform under the heavy abuse of being frequently wet, muddy, constant exposure to the sun, items being set on them (I did not install grilles over them so that I can clean them more easily) and extreme wear and tear you would expect on any off-road Jeep.

I must point out that the sound they emit is not in the range of a true sub-woofer. These are better used for replacing a woofer or mid-range speakers. They have muffled tweeter range and lack the kick of a true sub-woofer. This said, they have little place in a high quality sound system. They do, however, perform extremely well for the price and I recommend them to any audiophile who wants a inexpensive sound system. I recommend them for use primarily as rear speakers, as they do not deliver crisp high notes and voices may sound muffled.