Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.42 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $9.49 shipping
Pyrex 1072164 Storage 18-Piece Round Set
|Price:||$43.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$13.00 (23%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Storage set includes three 2-cup round, two 7-cup round, two 4-cup round, and two 1-cup round containers with nine BPA-free blue plastic lids
- Made of clear, nonporous glass that won't warp, stain, or absorb odors
- Designed for easy nesting and stacking; seal-tight lids ideal for food storage or taking foods on the go
- Bowls safe for use in microwave, refrigerator, and freezer; oven safe to any baking temperature, but not broiler safe
- Lids dishwasher safe on top rack; 2-year warranty on glass; made in the USA
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Pyrex 18-Piece Clear Glass Storage Set
Since 1915, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex glassware products. It all started with our glass bakeware - loved for generations because it's affordable, durable, odor and stain proof, and great for cooking, serving and storing. Since then, new favorites have joined old standbys. The Pyrex line now includes products for the entire kitchen, including pots and pans, metal bakeware, and kitchen tools and gadgets. They're all designed and proven to make cooking a little easier. Today, over 70 percent of U.S. homes have Pyrex glass products, with many cooks passing them down from generation to generation - which we think is pretty neat.
Pyrex Fast Facts
- Pyrex glass bakeware is, and has always been, durable, reliable and safe.
- The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission conducted an investigation in 2008 and concluded that Pyrex glass bakeware does not present a safety concern.
- While both borosilicate and soda lime are appropriate compositions for glass bakeware, heat strengthened soda lime is more resistant to impact breakage.
- Pyrex glass bakeware has been made - first by Corning Incorporated and now by World Kitchen - using the same soda lime composition and heat-strengthening process for more than 60 years.
- World Kitchen has always manufactured Pyrex glass bakeware in the U.S. and our packaging proudly displays the American flag and the "made in the USA" label.
Pyrex glassware is a must have for any serious kitchen. Available in an array of functional shapes and sizes, each individual piece can be used for baking, cooking, microwaving, serving, and storage.
- 18-Piece Storage Set includes 3-each: 2-cup round storage, 2-each: 7-cup round storage, 1-each: 4-cup round storage, 1-cup round storage. All include matching blue plastic covers.
- Ideal for refrigerator and freezer storage or taking food on the go.
- BPA free plastic lid is dishwasher safe (top rack only).
- Nest and stack for easy storage when not in use.
- Non-porous glass won't absorb stains or odors.
- Glas is pre-heated oven, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
- Made in the USA.
- Limited 2-year warranty on Pyrex glass bakeware.
- Limited 1-year warranty on plastic lids.
Size: 18 Piece Set | Color: Blue | Package Type: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
I had been using plastic Gladwear, Ziploc, and Rubbermaid containers, but had several problems with them:
1. Storing tomato sauce and then re-heating it in the container dyed them a weird shade of orange.
2. They are supposed to be microwaveable but I found that after a few months of normal use, they were useless - warped, funny colors, scratched, etc.
3. The plastic scratched easily, creating chanels where bacteria could grow - eww.
4. I've read multiple articles from multiple magazines quoting multiple studies about how microwaving plastics release toxic chemicals into your food.
5. After several months of use, they were beat and had to be recycled - recycling is, of course, better than throwing them in the trash, but the process of recycling creates pollution and not only that, I'd have to go out and buy more, spending more money, which was what I was trying to get away from. Good for the company, because they got more money, bad for me, the customer.
BUT this Pyrex set is GREAT! 7 containers, 7 lids. LOVE IT!!!
1. I can reheat food in the microwave (without the plastic lid) and don't have to worry about chemicals leaking in to my food.
2. They do great in the freezer - we use one of the small ones to hold ground coffee - we buy beans and ground several days worth at once, then pop the grounds in the small container and into the freezer.
3. It's Pyrex, so it's no big deal when my daughter accidently drops one helping me put the dishes away.
4.Read more ›
1. Glass is very tough, seems almost indestructible
2. I like that they are not plastic, so I feel safe about reheating food in them
3. The lids fit well for the first 4 years or so
4. Replacement lids are available at the Corning and Revere Factory Outlet stores
5. These containers fit well into lunch bags so that you family can take your healthy home cooked food to work or school.
6. The containers stack well inside each other for space cramped kitchens
7. You can bake in these and then cool the food (I place the entire container into a roasting pan filled with ice water) put on the lid and slide the pan into the refrigerator.
8. You freeze can food in these containers
1. The lids do stretch and warp over time, I recommend buying extra lids before you need them. My lids lasted approximately 4 years.
Overall, I would recommend these to anyone that likes to cook in quantity and doesn't like to reheat food in plastic. I use these everyday in my kitchen.
The containers work nicely for food storage, but they also can be used for cooking. They go from freezer to oven or microwave, and are dishwasher safe as well. Pyrex is practically unbreakable. With normal use, this set could easily last a lifetime. At the current price, they actually cost less than plastic containers, which do not have either the durability or versatility.
If all that's not enough, consider the health benefits. Glass will not leech plasticiser into your food, and there's no dioxin to worry about when microwaving.
I don't usually rave about kitchen items, but after I recieved this set, I rushed back to order another. I'm getting rid of most of the plastics in my cabinets today!
Then I got the current issue of Consumers Reports last week...they had an article on the safety of pyrex. Apparently it has been breaking and exploding unexpectedly in home kitchens, in some cases causing traumatic injury. It turns out that the "pyrex" name, first of all, was sold by Corningware to two other companies...Corningware left the home glassware business in the late 1990's. I was not aware of this. Then I read about the complaints that have been filed about shattering, cracking, and worst of all, exploding dishes. Why this is happening is fuzzy - some claim that the "pyrex" base glass formula has changed. To me it looks like it - my new pyrex looks like greenish soda-lime glass, not thermal shock resistant yellowish borosilicate glass. But the company making the new pyrex denies this, and of course glass color can be altered....when I dug into the issue generally, what is going on is really unclear.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love these storage containers, but the lids crack way too easily (I hand wash them) and the replacements are expensive.Published 28 minutes ago by The Urban Felix
I bought these when they were on sale. After reading some reviews, I was a little skeptical, but the price was a steal! Read morePublished 9 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Bought these a while ago and I love them. Good sizes for storing food, easy to use, can be frozen and then put in the microwave to defrost. Read morePublished 15 hours ago by Pia S
NOT 10 PIECES. You can't say the lids are separate "pieces" That's like saying a fork is 5 pierces because it has 4 prongs and 1 handle. Read morePublished 23 hours ago by Amazon Customer
The lid for the 3 quart one broke. Not sure if it broke on delivery or in the dishwasher (wanted to wash before using them).Published 2 days ago by QF
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.