Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$14.88 - $84.10

VINE VOICEon July 1, 2007
Pyrex doesn't need a review--it's great stuff. Non-pourous so it doesn't soak up tastes and smells that can never be washed out. Tough and beautiful, Pyrex does it all.

So the bowls are a no brainer, but why buy these instead of others. The tops of course are the difference. I've found that most Pyrex bowls with tops I had looked at didn't fit on their bowls very well or were made out of materials which didn't seem like they would outlast me--as they should. These tops are durable, make a good seal that wont pop off or leak. And they're labeled with the various volumes of the bowls.

The size range of the set is also very good--from one the size of a cereal bowl to one large enough for a pot-luck salad without being so big that it wouldn't fit in a kitchen cabinet--and they all fit inside each other without the smaller ones rising above the rims of the larger ones.

You can put all the bowls inside each other then close them all up with the largest top--with enough room to put paper towels between each bowl and the next for safety.
22 comments|350 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2007
From batter to salads, this set has you covered. Exceptional value in a set of Pyrex bowls with lids that means they do double duty as mixing bowls and storage containers. I bought this set because I needed a large glass salad bowl with a cover, and feel almost like I got the bonus of three additional covered mixing bowls. The smaller two bowls are great for small mixes, scrambled eggs, reheats and storage, and the larger 2 bowls are great for mixing and salads. I love that I now have a way to store salads that doesn't involve plastic wrap or foil. Made in USA. Microwave safe. Freezer safe. Dishwasher safe. Safer and frankly, more durable than plastics.
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
You get what you pay for. If you get the cheap plastic containers from Ikea and the like, you are heading for problems in the long run. Pyrex containers are great quality, and well worth the extra dollar you put in. I was looking for a package with a big bowl and this one fits the bill, the large one is great in size, should be able to store most of what you would need or want.
on January 9, 2007
These bowls are great. They are the right sizes, easy to clean, no odor retention. The covers are so easy to clean as well. They don't take up a lot of space because they stack very well. I have retired my plastic bowls because these are so much easier to use and clean. Should the opportunity arise I will buy more and give them as a gift. Great product and super price
on April 21, 2010
I just love this set. I've had it now for several months and use it constantly. I really like the different colored lids which fit snugly and comfortably without being a pain to get off. They are nice vivid colors that have held up well even in the dishwasher. Also the sizes of the bowls are perfect for storing. They have been used a lot and still look like new. I ordered a second set so that I have plenty on hand because these are my new favorite storage bowls. I deducted a star because I wouldn't really classify these are great mixing bowls since they aren't deep enough and narrow enough for certain mixing bowl needs. I tried making mashed potatoes in the largest one with a hand mixer and it was a mess. So I use them when I don't need any electronic mixing and for storage containers and serving bowls. But overall, the quality is very good as it is with all the Pyrex products I've had over the years. Some of them I've had for over 20 years and they still look good! I would say a very good product but not really suitable for certain mixing bowl needs.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 21, 2015
Great set of bowls!! These are great for mixing, with an electric hand mixer, I don't have to worry about the mixer heads scratching off flecks of metal like I did with my previous set of mixing bowls. They freeze and thaw soups and freeze ice cream. The bowls are microwave safe and oven safe (without the lids) as well as dishwasher safe. The only thing I would suggest is not going from having these in the freezer and then going straight into the microwave or oven, just to prevent them from cracking. I'd try to let things thaw a little before. Overall I'm very pleased with these bowls.

*I took photos of the largest and smallest bowl. I wanted to take pictures of the middle two sizes but I used them immediately after opening them and just took photos of the largest and smallest before putting them away. Hopefully it can just give a general idea as to how big they all age.

_______________
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Shipped by: Amazon.com LLC
Delivered: 4 days after order date
on February 4, 2012
These bowls are advertised as being microwave-safe, but that hasn't been my experience.

I used the smallest bowl to melt some butter in the microwave. After pouring the melted butter over popcorn in a different bowl, I put the little bowl in the dishwasher to sit until I had enough dishes to run a load. A few minutes later, there was this huge popping sound.

Yep, the bowl shattered to pieces. I was incredibly lucky that this happenend in a contained space. I would hate to think what could've happened if the bowl had been sitting on the counter instead of in the dishwasher! Fortunately, the dishwasher was almost empty at the time so nothing else got damaged.

It took me about an hour to get all the pieces out of the dishwasher. I use the remaining bowls to store food in the fridge, but I never again intend to expose glass to high temperatures. I now melt butter in a saucepan on the stove, instead of the microwave.
2020 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2015
PLEASE watch out for these and other Pyrex bowls! I received this set as a gift about 2 years ago. It worked fine until last night when the largest one spontaneously EXPLODED in my cupboard. I used it to make salad for a party. I made the salad and put it in the fridge for approximately 6 hours. The bowl sat out at room temp for about 2 hours during the party. Then I washed it in warm (not hot) dishwater and put it away. An hour later the BOTTOM of the bowl totally shattered in the cupboard with two intact bowls still sitting in it, leaving the most disgustingly dangerous and hard to deal with glass disaster I have ever seen in my life. I have since done a little research and apparently there's a "new, new" cheaper formula being used on this glassware that has destroyed its integrity. The exploding bowl thing is becoming increasingly common. Please be careful!!
on June 9, 2015
Received the item in 2 days after i placed the order. Used it same day,.. microwaved milk in it (for a recipe). The glass is pretty thick but not too thick. Good for microwaves. The biggest bowl is big enough for a big salad for the whole family!!
Love the fact that they come with covers too, that way you can just leave the salad or whatever you made in the bowl and microwave it later.
Totally recommend this item, the price is also very good!
**update. Month later. Still love this product and I do not have any dislikes
on September 1, 2012
I like this set of storage bowls. I bought them locally for half the price when they were on sale, so keep a look out at your grocery stores and the like. I love that they're glass and made in the USA. I like how well they stack together so that they don't take up *too* much space (the big bowl is rather large, so it does rightly take up a fair amount of cabinet space). I don't know the sizes off the top of my head, but they should be listed in the description (or at least in the reviews, which I haven't read yet); if not, I'll edit my review later and add the sizes).

The lids fit nice and tightly. No complaints with durability at all. The only thing I am docking them for is the way they are marketed as mixing bowls. They really aren't suitable for most mixing jobs. If you do a lot of cooking (but especially baking), you'll know what I mean. Real mixing/baking bowls are relatively straight-sided or at least don't have a flange.

These Pyrex bowls are narrow at the bottom and very wide at the top--not good for making any kind of mixture except perhaps meatloaf since it sticks together, for the most part. The food just doesn't want to stay in the bowl when it's being stirred (unless you are using a bowl that's way too big for the ingredients, but that limits you when using the large bowl for large mixing jobs like a batch of potato salad). Though I haven't attempted it, I highly doubt that an electric mixer could be used in these bowls; they're just not good for that kind of thing.

I'd rate them as being very good for storage/leftovers, but poor at being a mixing bowl. They should advertise them as storage bowls, since that's what they're useful as.