Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $10.99 shipping
+ $10.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Pyrex 18-Piece Glass Food Storage Set with Multi-Color Lids
|Price:||$31.07 + $10.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$10.92 (26%)|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Includes: 1-cup round, 6-cup rectangle, 7-cup round; 2 each: 2-cup round, 4-cup round and 3-cup rectangle; Lids included for each dish
- Ideal for refrigerator and freezer storage or taking food on the go
- BPA free plastic lid is dishwasher safe (top rack only)
- Made in the USA
- Limited 2-year warranty on Pyrex glassware
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 18 Piece Set | Color: Multi Color | Package Type: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
I had been using plastic Gladwear, Ziploc, and Rubbermaid containers, but had several problems with them:
1. Storing tomato sauce and then re-heating it in the container dyed them a weird shade of orange.
2. They are supposed to be microwaveable but I found that after a few months of normal use, they were useless - warped, funny colors, scratched, etc.
3. The plastic scratched easily, creating chanels where bacteria could grow - eww.
4. I've read multiple articles from multiple magazines quoting multiple studies about how microwaving plastics release toxic chemicals into your food.
5. After several months of use, they were beat and had to be recycled - recycling is, of course, better than throwing them in the trash, but the process of recycling creates pollution and not only that, I'd have to go out and buy more, spending more money, which was what I was trying to get away from. Good for the company, because they got more money, bad for me, the customer.
BUT this Pyrex set is GREAT! 7 containers, 7 lids. LOVE IT!!!
1. I can reheat food in the microwave (without the plastic lid) and don't have to worry about chemicals leaking in to my food.
2. They do great in the freezer - we use one of the small ones to hold ground coffee - we buy beans and ground several days worth at once, then pop the grounds in the small container and into the freezer.
3. It's Pyrex, so it's no big deal when my daughter accidently drops one helping me put the dishes away.
4.Read more ›
1. Glass is very tough, seems almost indestructible
2. I like that they are not plastic, so I feel safe about reheating food in them
3. The lids fit well for the first 4 years or so
4. Replacement lids are available at the Corning and Revere Factory Outlet stores
5. These containers fit well into lunch bags so that you family can take your healthy home cooked food to work or school.
6. The containers stack well inside each other for space cramped kitchens
7. You can bake in these and then cool the food (I place the entire container into a roasting pan filled with ice water) put on the lid and slide the pan into the refrigerator.
8. You freeze can food in these containers
1. The lids do stretch and warp over time, I recommend buying extra lids before you need them. My lids lasted approximately 4 years.
Overall, I would recommend these to anyone that likes to cook in quantity and doesn't like to reheat food in plastic. I use these everyday in my kitchen.
The containers work nicely for food storage, but they also can be used for cooking. They go from freezer to oven or microwave, and are dishwasher safe as well. Pyrex is practically unbreakable. With normal use, this set could easily last a lifetime. At the current price, they actually cost less than plastic containers, which do not have either the durability or versatility.
If all that's not enough, consider the health benefits. Glass will not leech plasticiser into your food, and there's no dioxin to worry about when microwaving.
I don't usually rave about kitchen items, but after I recieved this set, I rushed back to order another. I'm getting rid of most of the plastics in my cabinets today!
Then I got the current issue of Consumers Reports last week...they had an article on the safety of pyrex. Apparently it has been breaking and exploding unexpectedly in home kitchens, in some cases causing traumatic injury. It turns out that the "pyrex" name, first of all, was sold by Corningware to two other companies...Corningware left the home glassware business in the late 1990's. I was not aware of this. Then I read about the complaints that have been filed about shattering, cracking, and worst of all, exploding dishes. Why this is happening is fuzzy - some claim that the "pyrex" base glass formula has changed. To me it looks like it - my new pyrex looks like greenish soda-lime glass, not thermal shock resistant yellowish borosilicate glass. But the company making the new pyrex denies this, and of course glass color can be altered....when I dug into the issue generally, what is going on is really unclear.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm sure the wipers are fine but when ordering there was no mention of them not fitting my vehicle and by the time I got a chance to try them on it was too late to return them. Read morePublished 2 hours ago by Amazon Customer
After a few months
Lids do not fit tightly after a few trips thru the dishwasher. Plastic tops on top rack, glass on bottom rack. Read more
I've gotten away from plastic containers and switched primarily to glass. These pyrex are the best brand in my opinion. Sturdy and thick glass easy to clean. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
These are our go-to storage containers. They're solid, bright, easy to clean, conveniently sized, and affordable. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Ian Marquis
Smaller then expected, should have read more, but perfect for what i needed! Its pyrex, cant go wrong!Published 1 day ago by Athena Casciano