5.0 out of 5 stars Great pie plate!
Published on January 4, 2005 by csm

1.0 out of 5 stars Pyrex pie dish exploded in the oven
I bought one of these a year ago for special occasions. Used it only once or twice. Today it exploded in the oven after only 30 minutes of baking. (Apple pie, 425 degrees). Nicht gut.
Published on November 22, 2007 by Futbolista

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pie plate!, January 4, 2005
csm (The great Midwest!) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Pyrex Bakeware 9-1/2-Inch Scalloped Pie Plate, Clear (Kitchen)
This is a great little basic pie plate, especially if you're starting out in a new kitchen. It's also great for heating up fish too in the microwave and baking it in the oven for one or two people. It's not a deep dish pie plate and certainly, don't take it from the fridge and put it in the oven. Pyrex is notorious for their exploding dishes. That said, for what it is price-wise, you'll get a good dish that's very versatile but works well too. It scratches rather easily so be careful with clean up and cutting too. Nice plate - I've had mine for 15 years and it's still going strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Pies, It's the Best, January 3, 2008
Length:: 0:06 Mins

Pyrex pie plates are wonderful .
The aluminum plates can't compare.
Baking a pie in a Pyrex dish results in pie that is cooked uniformly, through and through.And you can check the color of the crust as it bakes.
A great plate that always be popular.

5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN BAKE ANYTHING IN THIS!!! YEAH!!!, September 18, 2007
Grace (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
COOL PRODUCT!

I was moving so I a had a huge yard sale to get rid of my kitchen items. I had just bought two of these glass pie plates so I kept them. With my last few days at my old house, I felt like baking, but I only had these pie plates so I baked cake on the 2 pie plates I had, which turned out great! I even baked a LAAAARGE COOKIE on each plate and they both turned out great!

They are easy to clean and use! Great buy! Go PYREX! I just hope one day they are unbreakable!

5.0 out of 5 stars I could not make my apples pies without this !, January 10, 2008
I use this to make dutch apple pie. It's deep and the edges are raised verses a traditional pie dish, this keeps the topping from falling off when taking the pie to the oven. Easy to clean too, I rinse it out and pop it in the dishwasher. I have 3 of them there are very handy espically around the holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought Four, February 15, 2007
I bought one of these pie plates and when it arrived, I loved the size and quality so I ordered 3 more. I have donated my old pie plates to the church rummage sale now. They were all odd sizes and fillings never seemed to fit in them, either too full or not full enough. These are perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pyrex is good, February 15, 2007
E. Jo (edison, nj) - See all my reviews
not much to say except it's pyrex and sturdy. 3 bucks is a bargain for this. highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen classic, October 19, 2007
Over the years I have baked a lot of pies, as did my mother and grandmother, in this pie plate. Glass conducts heat perfectly for pie pastry, allowing for the crisp yet tender and flaky crust that is the hallmark of a good pie. As much as I long for a beautiful Fiestaware or Emile Henry pie dish, I can't bring myself to order one because in the end, my Pyrex plates are a big part of the success of my pies. I cannot recommend them more highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value/Great looks, January 20, 2007
I purchased 24 of these pie plates for pecan pie Christmas gifts. What a big hit I made with this pie plate. It is economical, it is attractive, and it is deep enough to take any filling recipe without spillage. Very utilitarian!+++++

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Pie Plate!, September 2, 2014
I have two of these scalloped Pyrex pie plates and I love them! They make the best and the prettiest pies! The scalloped edge is the perfect touch. This pie plate is so much nicer to bake with than the standard metal pie tin. Pie crusts bakes up flaky, golden, and even.

I have a jello cheesecake recipe that uses a graham cracker crust that is so nice for the holidays. Using two of these pie plates I can split the recipe in two and top one with cherries and either leave the second plain or top with strawberries. These pie plates make them look so much more festive and fancy.

Great size for baking smaller sized meals as well, or one big chicken pot pie! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of apple pie..., February 12, 2007
My grandmother introduced me to Pyrex and she always made her famous apple pie in these glass pie dishes.

They brown the pie crust just enough and I have wonderful memories of seeing the pie dish sitting on her counter with the pie still steaming and scenting the kitchen with the heavenly scent of apples and cinnamon.

You need at least two if you are a serious baker! I also use these to make cherry pie and other delicious desserts.

~The Rebecca Review